Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
i don't really but i do remember swimming with sharks and wrestling with vipers ... was that btc-e or finex? the btc-e guy is in jail in france, the audacious finex finance magicians are hanging by a thread.

Reactions: sgbett and AdrianX

BldSwtTrs

Sep 10, 2015
Lol, SEC complaints are the same one's I warned about back in 2013; "unregistered securities". Along with a centralized, identifiable, know where you live dev team. Oops. It took 7 years for the chickens to come home to roost.

Yep, ETH next. Brutal 🤣
My understanding is that the SEC has already declared that ETH is not a security in 2018:

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
in my understanding, the significant difference is that the ETH token has uses other than as a speculation vehicle. XRPs only use case --besides flipping-- is by money transmitters (moneygram), who use it because ripple pays them in premined XRP to do so, but could and would conduct business otherwise if not for that subsidy. the southern district court of new york will likely find that ripple pays third parties to create an artificial usecase for its token and funds this by selling unregistered securities to a misinformed public. iow, it's a scam.

although the ethereum blockchain's main use has been to generate tokens that themselves have no use besides raising cash illegally as unregistered securities via ICOs, it is designed to deploy marketable distributed computation applications requiring use of the ETH token. unfortunately ethereum's useability is severly limited by its inability to scale. furthermore, the ETH token premine might have broken SEC regulations, and so might the blockchain's move to PoS. but i doubt ethereum gets hammered in court the way ripple is about to. rather ethereum will likely met its fate in the marketplace, where it will be found uncompetitive, as it is expensive, slow, and cannot incorporate significant adoption.

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
Events like these always stimulate long ago memories of previous nemeses I've argued with. Who remembers Ripple shill head "misterbigg"?
I remember when he was still pillorying Ripple along with me and others back in 2012/2013 when the project was announced. Then one day he switched teams inexplicably. Looking at the way the world has gone since then, especially this year with guys like Neil Ferguson, I think I know exactly what happened.

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
been waiting for this, as the chained txn limit was crippling funcionality in advanced apps:

In Bitcoin SV 1.0.7 beta we have raised the default limit from 25 to 1000. We have tested much longer chains and the same linear performance is observed, in fact we see no obvious reason not to remove it completely other than an abundance of caution in an adversarial environment.
thank you @shadders for keeping your eye on the ball.

Last edited:

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
soooo . . . BCHA still trading at around $16 on coinex. thus for his troubles séchet has been making about 0.08 * 6.25 BCHA/block * 144 blocks/day * $16 = $1,152/day since nov. 15.

what crazy exuberance we've grown used to. i am thinking of founding a wealth management firm called 'séchet & karpelès' -- or should it be 'karpelès & séchet'? (the original idea was 'magicaltux & daedalnix' but it does not quite have the same elegant zing to it).

what all this reminds me most of is the dotcom bubble. a whole lot of malinvestment around evidently world-changing tech, a burst, and then, as if by suprise, the real leaders emerged. the largest companies in the world by marketcap today.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Merry Xmas to everyone who has come and gone. Thanks to all those (including the trolls) who have made this thread such a memorable experience for so long. I've learned alot and I hope you have too. Next year we'll be coming up on the decade anniversary for this thread. Quite an accomplishment and coincident to the epitome of bull runs in human history. To da moon!

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
posts from phone autocapitalize :)
Post automatically merged:

Merry Christmas, and thanks all this has been an epic thread, possibly the most valuable discussion on the internet.
PS. @cypherdoc, What's with the appropriate capitalization, is that really you?
what's with the unobfuscated language? is that really you? 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: AdrianX

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Did RT abandon electrumsv?:

I'm trying to find a bitcoin SV client for mac but I only found the electrumsv client that doesn't work and appears to have been abandoned. Can't find a -qt equivalent either... Is that it? No SV wallets for OS X?

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
'it doesnt work' is pretty vague; and Im not sure why it has macos releases if its abandoned.
Post automatically merged:

did you get it working on your linux?

pafkatabg

Jul 6, 2019
medium.com
I have 1.3.11 now, the previously used version was 1.3.9

It seems to be a known issue and RT is not sure what is the minimum required macOS version for each build:

If someone has issues, it's most likely because their macOS is Mojave or older.