Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015

lets see if the price drops to the point that some arsehole can afford to redo the chain tip a few times, so that there can be many more lawsuits, as that is shaping up to be a winning strategy

Reactions: AdrianX

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
Is anyone considering Amaury's coin purely as a speculative trade (even if you don't think it can compete long-term)?

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
I'm long Amaury's coin like I'm long Bitcoin Clashic, but given how he screwed up BCH I'm not holding my breath.

But in teh short term if you follow closely I think there is money to be made.

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
Yes, but the argument doesnt seem straight forward to me and the judges thus far do not seem supportive.

Bitcoin the protocol may be argued to be set in stone, but what relation would a judge find BSV has to Bitcoin?

To argue that BSV is set in stone seems false; it's made of code by which necessity dictates must change in certain events.

To argue that BSV is a decentralized protocol seems reasonable enough, but to argue that BSV does not have a centralized monolithic implementation seems false.

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
I don't really care if BSV has any value on exchanges. I'm waiting for smart contract software on BitCoin that will allow BTC and ETH to be "wrapped" and contracted virtually free. Imagine BTC and ETH payments with no mining fee! No reason to mine BTC except for the 6.5 coin block reward.Best of both worlds.

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
'stronger bsv exchanges' arent coming and someone else will pump and dump bsv if calvin wont.

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
I wonder if a bifurcated BitCoin isn't just a better way than segwit for everyone? Mine BTC for the 6.5 BTC block reward and mine BSV for the MEGANODE millions of TPS transaction fees of which hundreds of wrapped altcoins are transacted as tokens. Could be the best of both worlds. One standard for wallets and every flavor of crypto, like Ben and Jerry's. Of course, I'm joking. I'm just enjoying the greater fools game playing out.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
An interesting idea, it reminded me of Name Coin basically bitcoin but for a decentralized DNS with a token system a copy of Bitcoin - I imagined many blockchains for different applications the only difference was they would be Merge Mined.

I suspect given some overlap between BTC and BSV and the need to pick a chain to mine (opportunity cost) that over time miners and users will converge on the best overall package. For now, I think what's happening is possibly the optimal path for success.

I do think this is going to be the biggest wealth transfer in history but, I don't think wealth is going to be concentrating in the hands of the wealthy as those who have access to free fiat buy-in to BTC fuelling the adoption mania. I think there's a probability there will be an awakening event after BTC is hyped, where the masses slowly or quickly shifts to a blockchain that works at scale as sound money for people. The SoV wealthy elite who owned most of the BTC will double down on their SoV narrative and "use our digital gold" market pitch to back "out payment network" while the masses move, to hard money that delivers value.

Ultimately Gresham's law will take effect, and BTC loses its lustre due to it being "gold 2.0" while people build the network effect on BSV or BCH, heaven forbid some other blockchain.

Last edited:
Reactions: cbeast and bitsko

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
The "smartest" protocol is worthless if the github is managed by a short-sighted asshole or multiple assholes who constantly break into warring factions.

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
'githubs' or any form of open collaborative p2p endaevor have a high likelihood of falling to michel's iron law of oligarchy, wherein the first group of participants creates barriers and establishes firm control.

('bitcoin unlimited' is a project that strives to overcome that with clear rules and a democratic structure; and by funding the development of an alternative client for medium block bitcoin)

plus bcash and bcashsv havent used githubs as the center of development for some time afaik

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
which is precisely why i've advocated for those of us lucky enough to have received forked coins, to stay relatively evenly diversified btwn the sha256 forks; lest you make a mistake in thinking you can guess correctly twice in one decade as to which will become the dominant implementation. this approach diversifies (and keeps somewhat honest thru competition) the different implementations, githubs and their developers. another way of saying this is to not get greedy; be thankful for what "Bitcoin" has given you. it's been more than enough. however it appears many of us have ignored that advice and went all-in on their favored fork based on the comments of the last couple of pages. let's just not let the discussion devolve into a pissing contest and stick to the merits of one's coin.

Reactions: cbeast

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
It really does look to me like blockchain based social media platforms have a significant chance at being the vehicle to protect the first amendment.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Definitely an industry ripe for disruption. Listen at ~ 26:00: