Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

witly

Feb 1, 2017
Looking at the demography I'm worried that Reps will be another Dems eventually and US will be another SA. Trump is the first and the last.

Also both traditional media and social media are now power without constrain. An employee at twitter (not even necessarily a US citizen) can censor president's tweets. Not very good.

i'm worried about a Biden agenda. Dems aren't really corporate friendly and believe bigger gvt is the answer (why not when you can tax, skim, and control free handouts to the needy in exchange for future votes which may and/or may most likely not help anyone).

Last edited:

BldSwtTrs

Sep 10, 2015
i'm worried about a Biden agenda. Dems aren't really corporate friendly and believe bigger gvt is the answer (why not when you can tax, skim, and control free handouts to the needy in exchange for future votes which may and/or may most likely not help anyone).
Why paying for votes when you can fake them?

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Whoever controls Electrum SV has misunderstood the market niche that wallet occupies in the wallet space, changes and proposed changes and ignoring market feedback has resulted in what is now an exsploited liability for the BSV network.

re that tweet:

1) I can agree that the forced sunset of P2SH was posable a sub-optimal approach but who knows I'd do it differently.

2) Not 100% true I suspect, but if true it just gave more credence to not rush the sunsetting of P2SH.

3) Yes a valid point, and is probably one of the reasons we don't see adoption on exchanges. BitGo I think was asking for $11M to implement the threshold signature solution. so no surprise there, I guess you get what you pay for with Electrum SV.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@AdrianX and others: what BSV wallet are you using?

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
The toggle to use the script from the gui has been disabled, the script itself has been fixed; the functions that have been reliable for years remain so. *at your own risk

https://github.com/electrumsv/electrumsv/commit/360ce34254a8f40ef51e4ccf33ef76a971ababe9
Post automatically merged:

that eleven million may have been worth it from a liquidity perspective, who am I to say without the eleven million to spend.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
they must be reading this thread; or at least the original versions of it:

Reactions: AdrianX

kyuupichan

Oct 3, 2015
choices, choices, so many choices. "let a thousand altcoins bloom!":

Lol that's desperation if ever there was. Are they going to support BSV too, for their "battle-tested" alternative?
Post automatically merged:

has RT commented on this? how about @kyuupichan?:

I've not worked on ESV for 18 months. I kind of burnt out, but also got a bit depressed about the direction and choices being made. I didn't have the energy to argue about things; I also felt things were too "loose". It seems my gut instinct was right.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Wow, someone mining ABC 5 blocks in with 0.08% of the SHA256 hashrate according to https://cash.coin.dance/blocks/hashrate.

I guess they're going for the 6 Bock DAA adjustment.

With a market price of $11 (https://www.coinex.com/exchange/bcha-usdt) I guess they could end up with about 0.07% of the total hashrate.

ABC will need to flip BSV for my attention. I had a handful of face to face conversations in relaxed settings with Amaury and Anthony before the BSV Split and I can't help LOLing to myself, they didn't give a fuck about investors, the price, or maintaining steady growth, and were so confident that sacrificing price and adoption in the short term for their protocol changes would pay off.

I'm thinking this proves them wrong, the ABC vision now trading around $11 and not one mistake, I'll hand it to them, they must feel good right now, especially knowing it's the other people who don't understand.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@Mengerian's arrogance around abc after posting here for so many years still astounds me to no end. He seemed to have such a solid grasp around the techno and socioeconomic working fundamentals of bitcoin and Austrian economics. Something seriously went wrong. What a disappointment.

kyuupichan

Oct 3, 2015
ABC will need to flip BSV for my attention. I had a handful of face to face conversations in relaxed settings with Amaury and Anthony before the BSV Split and I can't help LOLing to myself, they didn't give a fuck about investors, the price, or maintaining steady growth, and were so confident that sacrificing price and adoption in the short term for their protocol changes would pay off.

I'm thinking this proves them wrong, the ABC vision now trading around $11 and not one mistake, I'll hand it to them, they must feel good right now, especially knowing it's the other people who don't understand.
To be fair as a BSV guy I wouldn't be pointing to price as an indication of potential, but maybe I'm deluded after all.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
BSV has many price impeding features, many being consequential and subjective.

Good point @kyuupichan, 🤤 price is interesting, it's the metric for measuring demand, and that demand is often conflated with value. The value is what you get, and the price is what you pay.

Ultimately none of the utility justifies the price people are willing to pay for any crypto, asset, cash or whatever you want to call it. The price is fundamentally determined by speculation and a network effect. The network is the number of people who believe as you believe. Evidently, money is dependant on the belief too, one that it will be valued in the future, that's an early hypothesis from this thread and probably why most of us invested in Bitcoin.

I'm of the opinion that at some point in the distant future people are only going to pay for the utility they get and I don't think limiting transaction capacity is going to allow people to collectively believe in the money vision.

A side note for all the LN @ Layer 2 proponents, The bitcoin design is dependant on PoW, and PoW isn't free. In the future, and by design, it will be paid for with transaction fees, and unlikely $10,000 fees, but more likely a large number of insignificant transaction fees paid by everyone. BTC cultists overlook this fundamental facts inherent to the design.

Limiting access makes BTC exclusive. BSV, on the other hand, is one version of Bitcoin that scales, and to be money it needs 13.5% of an economy to believe in it, in order to cross the adoption chasm in the technology adoption cycle.

That said, Bitcoin's design is so ingenious and resilient it just keeps bubbling up over and over, unlike any other asset that's gone through a hype cycle. What's being traded in each comeback is ultimately a small part of the block reward subsidy for a proportionately larger network effect.

The way I see the BSV price is every 6.25 BSV pays for 10 minutes of mining, and we have a lot of hours of mining to bridge before we get to the other side of the speculative "who cares what PoW costs" when we have Blockstream's Liquid, or LN, ready for prime time in 18 months.

Reactions: kostialevin

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
Here's my understanding of Satoshi's Vision. Tell me what I'm missing. You place data in an opcode and send it in a transaction, paying a fee. It then becomes part of the blockchain permanently. Presumably, data storage and transmission for exponentially growing blocks will remain manageable because of technology. Full blockchain owners will be able to archive copies that can then be updated also for a fee.

Major enterprises that want the full blockchain will be able to buy these archives and serve bitcoin miners and data miners as their customers.

Curators can pay for access to the full blockchain to retrieve and store data relevant to their business model, such as video, images, music, personal info, etc. Of course, this data may have financial smart contracts attached to give them permission to use. They can either speculate on specific types of content or act through the included smart contracts. They can offer curator services and tiers of access to suit their customers.

Finally, the content creators can store just their content for self-verification of the data authentication through SPV header-only blockchains.

Additionally, R-puzzles can also be created to authenticate transmission off-chain intended to have hash-only data stored on the blockchain for content that isn't intended to be stored permanently on the blockchain, but instead stored on traditional systems. That data can then be verified only through its chain of hashes.

To me, it makes sense that BSV is the natural evolution of the internet and Craig Wright is a goddam genius for thinking of it.