Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Does it seem plausible to you that nChain employees have access to the private keys of Tulip Trust's coins?

(While the narrative so far was that even CSW didn't have access to them).
I know how careless I was with my keys when bitcoin was not worth very much, I can only imagine now carless people were when it had no value at all and nobody cared and most people who said it would become valuable one day were considered crazy.

My employees had access to my keys and I wasn't even developing on the platform, imagine if my employees were mining to address and coins that had no value and they kept backups of the work they did on their laptops and never deleted it when they left the company.

Who usually cares if you have data on your computer that has no value. It's when it becomes valuable that you start to care. Bitcoin is becoming valuble.

In other news, ouch.

Last edited:

cypherblock

Nov 18, 2015
Not really. It was just referring to this comment by Calvin Ayre:
Ok, then so just unfounded rumors started by someone else :)

I don't really care, just seems like an odd assertion that Zectro, whose posts to me seem like the average CSW court case investigator, would be assumed to be a former nChain employee who could probably drop some more interesting dirt about what goes on there (instead of just posting about court documents, etc).

BldSwtTrs

Sep 10, 2015
@AdrianX you could always find a low probability explanation that connects all the dots, but that is just low probability. The higher probability explanation is that CSW is lying.

I think at the same time that CSW is the main part of Satoshi, but that he is full of shit when talking about Tulip Trust and early coins. I wouldn't be surpised if the story of those early coins is really messy and involves Paul Le Roux.

Actually, one theory that connects really well all the dots is that Paul Le Roux is the main part of Satoshi and CSW is a small part of it because he worked for Le Roux on the Bitcoin project (their connexion appeared during the Kleinman case). And with Le Roux in jail, CSW is trying to stole Le Roux' credits and coins (both with court orders and by bruteforcing Le Roux' hard drive with the help of Ayre). That would explain all the lies coming from CSW, the attempt to save time with a bullshit trust story and his knowledge of the protocol.

However I tend to discount that version only because CSW does look like a genius when he speaks, so that's why I stil think he is the main part of Satoshi. But he also looks like a liar.

Maybe he is Satoshi and Le Roux stole his coins. I don't know. But he clearly doesn't have access to them.

eddit : sorry I mixed up the first name Anthony/Paul

Last edited:

cypherblock

Nov 18, 2015
Actually, one theory that connects really well all the dots is that Anthony Le Roux is the main part of Satoshi and CSW is a small part of it because he worked for Le Roux on the Bitcoin project
There is also the Scronty/Phil WIlson story. Which actually matches sorta well with my experience of him. (also isn't the theory Paul Le Roux ?)

Reactions: Golarz Filip

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
@BldSwtTrs If by "main part of Satoshi" you mean the person who used to post on Bitcointalk and correspond with Gavin and Mike, then that person is not Craig Wright. The person who posted online was a sweetheart and Craig Wright is a dick. He can fake a lot of things, but he can't fake personality.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
I wouldn't be surpised if the story of those early coins is really messy and involves Paul Le Roux.
I wouldn't be surprised either. As far as I'm concerned, everything sits on a probability scale. But I don't see any need to make a judgment either way, so CSW is everything or none, or some combination of the things people say he is. All I'm confident about is the story is more messed up than I can imagine, and largely irrelevant until coins start changing hands.

And... BSV is so far the better bitcoin.
Post automatically merged:

He can fake a lot of things, but he can't fake personality
time does that to people, I also used to be a sweetheart once upon a time.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
I know how careless I was with my keys when bitcoin was not worth very much, I can only imagine now carless people were when it had no value at all and nobody cared and most people who said it would become valuable one day were considered crazy.
In this context, this is not relevant and I agree 100% with @BldSwtTrs that there is zero chance that Craig mined a lot of bitcoin in the early years and then brought the private keys for tons of dollars to the office at nChain when they started up a few years ago. And that Martin Sewell stole the keys at the office in London. That's just absurd.

But I think @BldSwtTrs fails where every nerd fails. (I have spoken about this here before, where the nerds fail).

It's the assumptions. The premises.
Nerds (like myself) never fail with the logic in the reasoning. We are so fucking good at logic! We fail at the starting point when we derive the conclusion with 100% correct logic.

And this is where I believe @BldSwtTrs failed this time.
Post automatically merged:

Actually, one theory that connects really well all the dots is that Paul Le Roux is the main part of Satoshi and CSW is a small part of it because he worked for Le Roux on the Bitcoin project (their connexion appeared during the Kleinman case). And with Le Roux in jail, CSW is trying to stole Le Roux' credits and coins (both with court orders and by bruteforcing Le Roux' hard drive with the help of Ayre). That would explain all the lies coming from CSW, the attempt to save time with a bullshit trust story and its knowledge of the protocol.
Oh god, this is just retarded.

But he also looks like a liar.
Why shouldn't he lie? This is a fight. Love&war. Would you give up your privacy and hand over the perfect blacklist of bitcoin addresses to a counterparty in a court case with a stupid judge that doesn't understand that the addresses are irrelevant to the case?

Last edited:

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
I believe people misunderstand Craig's agenda a lot. I'm not saying that I know what it is. But ok, I'll give you my thoughts on what I believe his ideas are:

- He believes that a society needs law and order to be good for the people. My comment on this before has been that the crazy Vikings (I descend from) were much more civil and peaceful than Roger Ver's Fantasy Island would ever become. I think we have seen "voluntarism" societies many times in history. Like when Saddam was removed from power and hung by his neck. It's anarchy. Nobody is in power. There is no law, only guns. Historians call that situation a power vacuum. It happens from time to time when the king is dead. This horrible and unstable situation is Roger Ver's paradise and Craig Wright's nightmare.

- He believes in a small state. You need a state (law & order, some public goods), but it should be as small as possible. And not an inefficient bureaucratic monster interfering with everyone's life all the time and leaching on what other people build.

- He recognizes that patents are powerful, they exist in the real world, and he has a creative talent for making them and the economic power to register and enforce them. It doesn't matter if he is pro or against patents. He is just using the tools he can use. Keep it real, bitch.

- He is not a "statist". Like the vikings 1000 years ago, he wants a society with rules and enforcement. But he also recognizes the real power of the state to shut miners down. He wants bitcoin to fit into the current system. As he said: Don't kick the big gorilla in the balls! So, don't walk into a police station where marihuana is illegal and fire up a big bong in front of the police officer.

This is my personal guess of what his views are. Some are probably wrong, but I think most are pretty accurate.

Cheers GCBU buddies!

Reactions: sgbett

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
- He believes in a small state.

But he also recognizes the real power of the state to shut miners down.
These beliefs seem contradictory.
If BitCoin is to be global, exactly how powerful must this state be to shut down miners globally?

BldSwtTrs

Sep 10, 2015
@BldSwtTrs If by "main part of Satoshi" you mean the person who used to post on Bitcointalk and correspond with Gavin and Mike, then that person is not Craig Wright. The person who posted online was a sweetheart and Craig Wright is a dick. He can fake a lot of things, but he can't fake personality.
When he said to bytemaster/Larimer "If you don't get it I don't have time to explain it, sorry" this looks like CSW's style.

Also Gavin, who is the person who spoke the most with the nickname Satoshi, said that Satoshi "was difficult to deal with" and "was very intolerant with what he perceived as incompetence" (me paraphrasing Gavin from memories), which again fits really well with CSW true personality.

Overall Satoshi on bitcointalk was neither an asshole or a sweetheat, he was very neutral. I agree that we can be skeptical regarding CSW ability to manage such a roleplay with his personality, but I don't deem that impossible.

Edit: And for the sake of precision, what I call the "main part of Satoshi" is the person who had the mastermind role, the person who got the flashes of genius who resolves the main theoretical problems that prevented Bitcoin from existing before. So this is possible that this mastermind could be someone different from the Satoshi of Bitcointalk, even if the accuracy and clarity of Satoshi's posts on bitcointalk tends to suggest that this account/nickname was also the mastermind.

Last edited:

BldSwtTrs

Sep 10, 2015
Why shouldn't he lie? This is a fight. Love&war. Would you give up your privacy and hand over the perfect blacklist of bitcoin addresses to a counterparty in a court case with a stupid judge that doesn't understand that the addresses are irrelevant to the case?
You are finding him every possible excuses. You will always be able to find new ones, there is no possible falsification here.
The data point is that he appears to be lying. So my conclusion is that he is full of shit regarding the early coins, I think this is the most rationale thing to do at this stage. I prefer that rather than rationalizing away all the lies he makes.

I also note that the goalposts are moving regarding this Kleinman case. Initially, a legal procedure had to be more apt to discover the truth than social media. Fair enough. But now, even a legal procedure is not a good enough process to attain the truth.

Oh god, this is just retarded.
How do you explain the connexion between CSW and Le Roux?
Le Roux has a profile that fits really well with him being Satoshi.
And one argument in favor of CSW being Satoshi is that "he wouldn't take all those risks with the real Satoshi being still alive". Well, unless the real Satoshi is in jail for life.
Plus CSW working on Bitcoin for Le Roux would explain CSW's obsession to take the role of Satoshi (and his assets) while not being really Satoshi. Maybe CSW is the mastermind who solved the theoretical problems, but maybe he is not the guy who commandited the work and managed its delivery. Maybe CSW's work was sponsored and directed by Le Roux.
CSW would then be persuaded that he duly owns all the benefits of the Bitcoin project, while being only a part of Satoshi as Le Roux' employee. That wouldn't be the first time in the history of human kind, that an employee thinks he has got an unfair cut of the profit made by his boss. And what we assist is CSW trying to repair this perceived injustice (with a lot of lies, because the truth is not on his side).

Again this is not what I consider the most probable explanation. But this explanation has the advantage of connecting really well:
1- CSW's web of lies about the Tulip trust and early coins
2- CSW is a genius with a really deep understanding of Bitcoin.

Everyone who thinks CSW is Satoshi, do that because of 2- and in spite of 1-.

Last edited:

cypherblock

Nov 18, 2015
'That is, the double hash within Bitcoin creates a method where we can selectively deliver content.' -Craig Wright

That's genius.
Might be genius if this actually explained something useful instead of just implying that something great can be done, but I guess he is waiting for the patent to clear first :)

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
between sovereigns there is a sort of anarchy.

its not the same sort of anarchy that flips a dumpster or shills a token

Reactions: AdrianX