Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
BTC hashrate is at about the level it was in october 2019 (~100 Ehash/s).
that curve has flattened; further exponential hash rate growth on the BTC blockchain seems unlikely -- the economic incentives have waned, investing in hashrate to chase dwindling rewards no longer seems prudent, especially given the absence of a demonstrable path to scaling.

last halving, miners wanted moar hahspower and moar coin. this fueled the 2017 bubble. this year feels like liquidation time.

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
the game theory for those wanting to make a profit purely from computing SHA256 is becoming more complex. it is no longer simply about whether to build up hashrate to amass coin. in times of block subsidy, this tends towards HW over investment. over the long run it is about finetuning what investment in hashrate growth is profitable while selling write privileges to the BSV blockchain in expected time intervals.

Last edited:

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
BCH has no grassroot movement. No boots on the ground. Devs are hiding. BU is hiding. BU transformed from public elected representatives to anonymous twitter accounts. BU stopped being slightly transparent with crude financial reports and went full opaque.

Shitcoin Unlimited (BU) is going downhill.

They still have a lot of money, controlled by 2 of 3 people. @solex , @Peter R and @theZerg.

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
All virus talk has been moved here:

• Sad
Reactions: lunar

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks " had nothing to do with why or how Bitcoin was created, it was only a financially coincidental timestamp. It was not a crisis then, and bank bailouts are not a crisis now. Keynesian economics seems to be handling global money flow just fine. So what is Bitcoin if it isn't more than a collectible curiosity? To me the only answer is that it is a data security token, which is also a pretty good definition for an electronic cash token.

Reactions: Norway and bitsko

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
All virus talk has been moved here:
That's what Theymos did with our comments on the GCBU thread. It's censorship, plain and simple.
The GCBU thread is @cypherdoc's thread. He should be the one who decides what's allowed and what's not.

And you know very well that it's not 'virus talk'. It's talk about Economy Collapsing - Debt UP!

Last edited:

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
nice discussion of contracts in sCrypt (a higher level language that compiles to bitcoin script).

i look forward to seeing more ETH dapp prototypes deploy in BSV.
Maybe, but ETH is kindergarten stuff compared to what BSV is supposed to be capable of. I would have thought a basic BSV spreadsheet would be released by now. I can understand why not on ETH because gas, but BSV is supposed to be cheap. I can see whole new industries built upon open and programmable accounting.

Reactions: 79b79aa8 and Norway

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
and here I was thinking that page was selected to show how much a pint of beer cost back then.
Something like that was blamed as the cause of the American Revolutionary War. I assure you that the price of tea had little or nothing to do with it.

Reactions: AdrianX

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
The American Revolutionary that kicked off with the Bostin tea party wasn't actually about tea or inflation. It was about tax, authorities leveraged tax in gold a money largely monopolised by the British and the Old World. The Americans revolted against the extortion of having to pay tax in that currency when their economy was flourishing with the use of silver. Americans abandoned gold and the old world's authoritarian taxes which allowed them to prosper in a free world.

Paying tax in gold resulted in the tax being more than the tea when doing the accounting in Silver.
Post automatically merged:

BTC from Feb 2009 just moved. BSV and BCH have not moved.

Last edited: