Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
This evening, trying to get a read on the signal it seems a new split may be likely.

What most in this space don't realize yet is the split away from ABC has already happened they just haven't acknowledged it yet.

Most BCH people believe Amaury's projection that it was CSW who wanted total control when it was CSW protesting the fact that ABC had already taken full control. They let their disdain for Craig cloud their judgment.

Oh, Bother as Winnie the Pooh would say. and @cypherdoc's adage most investing in the biggest wealth transfer in history are going to lose money, rings true again.

Last edited:

Joel Dalais

Mar 9, 2017
it's not like i/we didn't warn people repeatedly (despite the abuse and threats thrown at me/us), and then I gave up (on warning people) and left with the cold promise

"Amaury is the one you deserve, wait to see what he does next"

anyway.. I've run out of popcorn ! :)

to all the ones that threw the threats, abuse and more, because I *can* forgive (but I do *not* forget), for some of you I offer 'open arms', if you're able to admit your own mistakes and build onwards, for a few of you though, your threats and abuse were over the line and won't be forgiven.

I am not nice, I have never pretended to be, I have never worked for Craig, nChain, CG, etc, despite the crap and lies people have span, I work for me, and by extension, I work for BitCoin/MetaNet

ignore or not, make your own choice, and you do not need my words to decide to build on BitCoin/MetaNet

but do not think for a second that I/We will allow things to be disrupted again

:unicorn:

Joel Dalais

Mar 9, 2017
@Norway
What makes you think you are important/worth enough to answer?

And I could answer you, but really why should I bother? I am a little surprised you haven't figured some stuff out yet, I guess I gave you too much credit.

But hey, I'm feeling like "why not", I'll give you a bit of answer and see if you can figure anything out this time.

To different people/entities I have different value. If your own value to me was more important maybe you'd know more.

Let's run a little experiment and see if I have any value to you.

Last edited:

Joel Dalais

Mar 9, 2017
I took away your FREE pass that I had given you for ages.

You are a cheeky one aren't you, lol

Apparently that and the work I do/done meant shit to you, so ok, you don't get a free pass from me.

You do shit all for me but offer me cheek, so how about "lol, i'll stop giving you your free pass that you NEVER earned, but you think you somehow have a "right" to."

Why are YOU so magnificent and important that YOU deserve a free pass where MANY others pay for my management services.

You don't like it, don't pay. But don't pretend to cry when I take away something I had given you and you plead some kind of "entitlement".

And no, you won't ever get a free pass from me again. Nor will you have my services again, since clearly you don't need them.

Friendly advice @Norway
YOU are not the center of the Universe and gawd knows why I ever thought you deserved a free pass, clearly you never appreciated it.

(p.s. i did it to help you and your attempted business, but clearly all you can give back in return is ..ing cheek, lol)

I'll not respond to you again.

Last edited:

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
I think Calvin is right. The game is over. BSV won.

BU is over the hill, and has no fighting spirit.
Future tx capacity tweeks from BU are a drop in the ocean compared to enterprise upgrades.

Scaling:
The interesting part will be the drill down focus on what can not be parallelized.
The important part of a miner's job in timestamping verified transactions is the bottleneck.

Identify the bottleneck. Make powerful hardware like GPU do the job, Later, we will have ASIC's doing the bottleneck.

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
Those alternatives have to be creative, make themselves known and be peer reviewed and verified before the six-month upgrade cycle. Nice little trap the Frenchman laid there.
[doublepost=1582094750,1582093903][/doublepost]
And you can't just stay with the old ABC version because that one will automatically fork itself off to an new chain on May 15th.
It occurs to me that from the beginning, along with whatever upgrades they were shoveling into the thing, there should have been a "no changes" version offered as an alternative. That would have risked forks but far better than letting them run with whatever they felt like was flavor of the week.

Reactions: AdrianX and bitsko

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
The BSV fork was triggered the same way. It was @deadalnix's doing, but he had a lot of popular support given most people disliked Craig. ABC manage to centralized control following the campaign to alienate BU and fork off BSV.

If one takes Craig out of the picture, BCH has forked off ABC and is now called BSV.
On principle, I favoured BSV, because of ABC's methods despite Craig.

As I predicted early on, either ousting ABC or continuing with ABC will be detrimental to BCH.

There is room for creative solutions, but I'm not seeing them resolve amicably in time.

For me, it's time to rebalance to reflect the new reality that ABC has confirmed they're in control. Sorry BCH some great work going on in the ecosystem, in time I hope it moves over to BSV.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
alrighty now. notice i don't even bother with BCH anymore:

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
@freetrader then
We're splitting off bad actors here is a tool to split your coins so you can sell them and prove your commitment to the ABC chain. Just ignore the methods deployed to change the consensus rules.
@freetrader now
Let's organize to stop ABC from changing the consensus rules and prevent a split.
@freetrader , you could do what you did last time. Start by encouraging the inevitable split, then promote a coin splitting tool.

Last edited: