Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
BU has lost control over it's fundings. Nobody can tell you how much money is in the organization anymore. No receipts can be produced for spendings.

BU has been robbed, unless the opposite is proved.
It is very strange and sad that @solex, @Peter R and @theZerg remain silent. The fact that the members don't ask for a report shows that the BU member club is an undead animal while Bitcoin Unlimited (the GCBU movement) is alive and well.

[doublepost=1581759720,1581759018][/doublepost]
Nice, this just made me realize my concerns aired by @Zangelbert Bingledack have been put to bed. Say I have 30% of global hash, touch wood, it'll take a decade or two, but when I'll get there, and if I get one of these global edicts from TPTB, I'll comply but I won't spend energy undermining the 41% who ignore it, I'll do something else.
Who is TPTB? From my perspective (everything is an organism) it can only be an organ of the organism. An organ never controls the organism alone. Not your stomach, not your heart, and not your brain either. The movements of an organism always reflect the will of the whole organism.
There was a time when I thought the government controls the society. After more research I concluded it's the opposite.

Last edited:
I noted the report, but only realized later that it was written by Christian. He is, above all, a scientist who appeared as a very honest and nice person whenever I meet him. I believe it is his serious scientific believe that bitcoin can't scale onchain and that lightning is an attempt to rescue a broken system. Imho he never realized that scaling onchain is not a question of technology but if politics.

Anyway, if bitcoin remains at 3tps and we assume world adoption, our brillant decentralization leaded pushed the 99.99 percent of population back in a centralized system... To save decentralization... Oh the irony. you get what you are so afraid to avoid.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
> I noted the report, but only realized later that it was written by Christian. He is, above all, a scientist who appeared as a very honest and nice person whenever I meet him. I believe it is his serious scientific believe that bitcoin can't scale onchain and that lightning is an attempt to rescue a broken system.

There is a song in Swiss German. He describes how everyone is so nice everywhere. Here just the translation of the last verse. He has a dream that he was sentenced to death and everyone was so nice to him, the judge, the prosecutor and the executioner:

Everyone is so nice! "Can I put the bandage around your eyes?"

Everyone is so nice! "Do you have one last wish?"

Everyone is so nice! "Ah, you are a non-smoker"

Everyone is so nice! "Then please place your head on this stake here"

They are all so nice, so nice, so scary, so terribly nice!

http://mikiwiki.org/wiki/Lied_"Es_si_alli_so_nätt"_(Franz_Hohler)

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
The updated tax is coming to BCH with the next hardfork. Congratulations!
Is it wrong to say you deserve what you get?

https://www.bitcoinabc.org/2020-02-15-miner-fund/

Not a fan of Amaury, but his white paper is awesome. Every single sentence a poem, and the formula at the end of the first page a stroke of genius. No wonder that even the president is excited:

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
poor BU. left out again.

Reactions: Zarathustra

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Who is TPTB? From my perspective (everything is an organism)
To use your metaphor, single-cell organisms cooperate to create a multicelled organism, in this fractal of life, zooming out, these are your subsistence being in the amazon rain forest. As life becomes more complex you eventually end up with a lifeform where cells cooperate to form organs that in turn cooperate to sustain a new mode of being, this is society today, we're evolving to a collective being similar to Gaia theory only evolved.

In nature the nerve cells cooperate to support all the other cells and organs for the collective good, your brain is just one organ interdependent on other organs a collection of cells dependant on a collection of cells if you zoom out society is the organism.

TPTB are in fact a biological perversion they are a cluster of nerve cells (aka leaders) that think they are the brain they believe they are the people who govern society, most of them are nothing, but a cancer.
[doublepost=1581832190][/doublepost]
It just confirms what was concluded about 5 years ago. So in a way, it's good news, we're still about 5 years ahead of those guys.

Reactions: Zarathustra

trinoxol

Jun 13, 2019
Germany
> Lightning Network “Increasingly Centralized… Removing Hubs Leads to Collapse” Says Study

When a few big hubs die this causes channels to close. New circuits can simply be reopened... If it was not for the limited capacity of BTC. I can easily see the collapse of a big node triggering massive hostile channel closures because few can get through with their transactions anymore.

Of course, the Core developers all understand this for a long time now.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
TPTB are in fact a biological perversion they are a cluster of nerve cells (aka leaders) that think they are the brain they believe they are the people who govern society, most of them are nothing, but a cancer.
[doublepost=1581832190][/doublepost]
It just confirms what was concluded about 5 years ago. So in a way, it's good news, we're still about 5 years ahead of those guys.
Yes, but on the other hand, according to Schopenhauer and Buddha, the whole universe is cancer. The reality is not: "And he saw that it was good", "love your neighbor". It is: kill and eat thousands.

The great economist Arthur Schopenhauer:

"Human life, far from wearing the aspect of a gift; has every appearance of an incurred debt, the payment of which is exacted in the form of the urgent necessities, the tormenting desires, the unceasing want which life involves.
The whole period of life is generally consumed in the liquidation of this debt, and yet it is only the interest which can be thus paid off. The payment of the capital is effected by death."

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
Does anybody know if there is a time limit to the mining tax on BCH?
Or is it now instead of 12.5% over 6 months 5% indefinitely?

edit: fixed percentage

Last edited:
Reactions: trinoxol

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
Historically we know that once ABC has released code with a certain feature they will not retract, no matter the cost (e.g. split).

It remains to be seen how much miner support they get with the BIP9 voting.

I'm sure the voting will be by active by default and miners will need to opt-out.
[doublepost=1581863942][/doublepost]Roger Ver is not amused about how things with the tax are going down.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
As it stands now, Bitcoin.com will not go through with supporting any plan unless there is more agreement in the ecosystem such that the risk of a chain split is negligible
It looks like a split could be mitigated if BU could just stop disagreeing and help foster agreement.

We think it is clear that the existing proposal does not have enough support, and we will be working to come up with a plan that is profitable for all the relevant parties and which preserves the fundamental economics of Bitcoin Cash.
BCH used to have one. We called it the Bitcoin White Paper. I'm not clear on this new economic system that's being preserved after forking off the Bitcoin (aka BSV) that's following the fundamental economic incentives in Bitcoin.

https://read.cash/@Bitcoin.com/update-on-developer-funding-83695ebc#we-need-more-agreement

Last edited:

BldSwtTrs

Sep 10, 2015
Calvin's interpretation of Roger's positionning looks good to me.

In his video, Roger says "I don't support the proposition but I am not angry against people who said I support the proposition because it's mainly misunderstandings and communication issues". Which smells like bullshit a thousand mile away.

Last edited: