Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Aren't you one of those poor characters who cowardly participated in that disgusting 'Norway man bad' campaign? One of those anonymous hero accounts who had the nerve to vote against a real person? Ridiculous pseudoethical indignation.
he's the only GCBU participant that believes his foul mouth helps get his point across.

Reactions: Norway

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
BSVworld is constructed upon IP owned by nChain, it's protocol developers work for nChain.
It's like you are intentionally misleading. Do your own research. BSV is a protocol that is Bitcoin. There is no IP in the protocol, I can't say the same for BTC.

It may even be the case for BCH, ABC may have inadvertently introduced proprietary IP - prior art to the protocol disregarding the notice given by nChain, chief scientist by ignored correctly or incorrectly an unsubstantiated claim.

Given the non-sensitive nature of the changes, it seems ABC has taken unnecessary risks, there is no cost in waiting to see if it is a bluff, but betting my money (not the developer's money or reputation) on the chances it is a bluff, is irresponsible. Those are not just my words, but those of the broader community as recognized by the market reacting to ABC, changes by divesting from BCH and wiping out over 10.3 billion dollars off the BCH market cap leading up to the split and the following 30 days after that. BCH had yet to recover. Who the fuck do they think they are, destroying over $10,000,000,000 in perceived value. Fuck ABC ignorant dipshits in over their heads.

nCHain's IP is for innovations on top of bitcoin; it's logically how they intend to make a profit, a very rational and conservative move. Literally, if they have patients* they have nothing to do with the Bitcoin protocol as is, Bitcoin is prior art, ABC ignoring this is a problem for investors.

*A patent is a description of an innovation that has not existed before. It is stored in an "innovation registry" belonging to a centralized authority who has jurisdiction over some part of the economy it is for productivity reasons.

@freetrader Wisdom is the ability to know what information is relevant. You'd be foolish to think I interpreted every comment literally. It's quite practical to agree with a principal while ignoring the irrelevant unsubstantiated noise. Nice cut and paste job in your comment, such facts.

Last edited:

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
You want to solve a problem that nobody has.
BTM's have been hacked with RBF. But not without RBF.

You solved this "problem" before. With @theZerg's OP code, and a system where people lock up funds etc. You did never follow this through. You don't really care, do you? No commitment.

Now you want to change the protocol again, like a spoiled primadonna. The future global financial system should change the rules, because you have a creative idea that you never thought through.

There is no room for this bullshit in BSV. That's why you will never have any influence in bitcoin.

You don't understand that it's a governance problem when very smart but half-assing people like you have anything to say over the protocol.

When my business partner and I solved a big part of scaling with IBS, we understood that we should not change the basic protocol or economic incentives.

Let me know when you understand how dumb a smart person like you can be.

Last edited:
Reactions: bitsko

8up

Mar 14, 2016
An observation from someone who once came regularly to this forum for many years and someone who still keeps a neutral stance on BSV vs BCH.

The interactions in this forum degraded to such a degree in the last year, that I don't see a reason to come here any longer. Most tribalistic views don't provide any new insights to me. The constant bickering is not worth of my attention. I don't see a future for this forum.

It's purpose has already been fulfilled by helping break free from BTC. It's time for me to look into the mirror and move on. Good luck fellow Bitcoiners.

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
@8up the emotional blow of the BCH/BSV split was difficult to absorb. some managed to return to productive discussion faster than others. the fact remains that we all still need information, perspective and analysis. hopefully you can find a way to ignore the noise and continue to contribute ideas and opinions, and benefit from those of people whose point of view you've learned from.

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
Reactions: AdrianX

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
BCH fans said Metanet is stupid. The blockchain is not for file storage...and we see a BCH dev copying the Metanet idea and trying to market it as CashWeb - http://cashweb.cash
The idea of storing files on the blockchain long predates BCH and the "MetaNet".

I believe even BCHFiles was created before the SV split, so nothing about this is to do with the "MetaNet", is it?

Reactions: cypherblock

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
BCH fans said Metanet is stupid. The blockchain is not for file storage...and we see a BCH dev copying the Metanet idea and trying to market it as CashWeb - http://cashweb.cash
Bitcoin, up until recently was just money, I've seen these scripting and OP-Codes as a distraction an unnecessary risk that can undermine that money function; case in point LN and even SLP tokens. The brilliance of bitcoin was it made sound money digital, and it was never a universal database although it has been described as such.

ABC pissed me off so much that even though I hated the idea of using the blockchain for digital storage, I though I may have to tolerate it, if I want a protocol that is not governed by authoritarian technocrats who refuse to identify with the fact that it's their actions than make them authoritarian technocrats, not the words.

Anyway I have a new appreciation for bitcoin as I believe there is a path forward for what people are now calling the Metanet. It's been thrown in my face a bit, and I've had the opportunity to discuss those concerns and it looks like people are warming up to the idea. its still evolving and I'm cautiously optimistic.
[doublepost=1567905228,1567904283][/doublepost]The peoples relationship with the public's perception of value in the South China Sea bubble has many similarities with Bitcoin. @freetrader it seems to me Calvin is pointing out that speculative value is not about hashing, security or the latest shiny object etc. It's about the 99.9% of us wanting to use bitcoin. (aka utility) Hash rate and security are just a result of the speculative future evaluations that are ultimately built on the future utility of bitcoin and there is no there there BCH and BTC are optimizing the wrong things in attempting to attract future utility.

People are now weaving intelligent arguments to spin stories of why bitcoin is valuable, Calvin is simply a the fundamental principal in simple terms. logic hiding in plain sight.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
this is really sad. @deadalnix really doesn't understand. no one from BSV has claimed that an IBD including op_return wasn't initially necessary; but what is important is that it is quite easy to prune afterwards:

the other craziness in that tweet is once again we hear @deadalnix crying about money and dissing Roger. what a greedy bastard. Roger should come over to BSV. i've always contended that Bitcoin devs should buy their protocol coins at the outset and work for free as hard as possible to make the value of those grow. that's the only way to keep the incentives in line afaic. we clearly don't have that case here; he expects to be paid and handsomely.

furthermore, note the hubris and selfishness; there's no way he will host or distribute a big block BCH from any of his server machines; "muh full node boys".

here's a new one: "satoshi fucked it up".
[doublepost=1567960833][/doublepost]

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
We have a new bearded ivory tower wizard.

Leaders are trailblazers. They have followers because they have a destination and forge a path to get there. People who want to go to the same destination, but don't know how to get there, follow. That is, in essence, what makes a leader.

You can't be a genuine leader if you are just confident. You need to know where you are going. You are not a leader if you use your intellect to justify a mistake. Leaders, if they go the wrong way, correct and continue towards the desired goal regardless of the other's opinions.

Neo-Contemporary politics is devoid of leaders. Politicians just poll to finde the majority opinions and then massage and align their morals to appeal to the mass audience.

They have no clue where they are going. They are being led by the blind; at best they are managers, just capable of making more rules or justifying existing ones.

Amaury is a confident fool being mistaken for a leader. If he can convince people to limit bitcoins transaction capacity, he has succeeded in copying Core, who use the majority of blind people on social media to justify the transaction limit. Amaury thinks he knows how to get there, but I'm not sure he even can see where there is.

Last edited:

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
data carrier protection should apply to the blockchain?

I dont understand why he is so apprehensive of illegal content when it can be or is already in the BCH chain.

I'm not a legal professional but I'm certain shitlord isn't either, and the distinction he is trying to make rests on a false assumption.

Roger needs to step up and support bsv or get stepped on central planning yet again.