Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
what it means is anyone's guess. one day it will make sense. Dow -583:

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Ryan was able to get his MB nodes back to working reliably by merely increasing his RAM from 300mb to 6GB.

Reactions: bitsko

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
He had to increase the default memory allocated for the mempool from 300 megabyte. The RAM was there.

Reactions: cypherdoc

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
So "locked in" that Satoshi later put a 1MB temporary block size limit in place, and also thought this limit should be removed later, and suggested a way to remove it.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Yes, it means that the limit has always to be large enough that you never can cap/block the stream.
That's the rule.

Last edited:
Reactions: kostialevin

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
but when i look at BCH, i see a large block (as in block the stream) at 32MB. would i have confidence if i was a large business, like the NASDAQ, that an angry frenchman would increase the limit by the time we get there; which in the case of the NASDAQ could happen in the blink of an eye? how about that other guy who says "we won't allow it until we're ready"? what about that general community of anti-Bitcoin social media trolls who automatically descend down hard on any chain that wants to scale onchain, just to cause trouble and doubt? nah, i'd pass.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
Good read. Sooner or later reality about SV comes home to most.
However, still wrong about Bitcoin Cash.
The reason to run / use Bitcoin Cash is because Bitcoin was designed to be a peer to peer electronic cash system. Not because of anything to do with Craig Wright.

Digital gold with segregated payment layer is a (poorly conceived) re-invention of existing banking systems, and nothing to do with why Bitcoin was created. But good luck to him.

Last edited:

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
> Good read. Sooner or later reality about SV comes home to most.

Comes home to BTC....
A BTC supporter can represent a lot, but not someone who is familiar with the reality.

> The reason to run / use Bitcoin Cash is because Bitcoin was designed to be a peer to peer electronic cash system.

But not your checkpointed and crippled version. An open one: "I wanted to design it to support every possible transaction type I could think of".

And not a version that collapses at 22 MB after 10 years of 'development'.

Ari translated the 'good read'. Nice thread:

Last edited:

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
Good read. Sooner or later reality about SV comes home to most.
However, still wrong about Bitcoin Cash.
The reason to run / use Bitcoin Cash is because Bitcoin was designed to be a peer to peer electronic cash system. Not because of anything to do with Craig Wright.

Digital gold with segregated payment layer is a (poorly conceived) re-invention of existing banking systems, and nothing to do with why Bitcoin was created. But good luck to him.

Freetrader shares 'BTC numba go up' jealousy article.

Thanks Freetrader.

Keep stacking those sechets.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
I don't hate bsv, I just think that its approach is misguided and has left the trajectory of p2p cash set by Bitcoin.

And, I think it attracts crooks and liars like shit attracts flies.