Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
What happened to "lockdown the protocol"?
why does every BCH supporter pretend to not hear that this has always been advertised to be a process culminating in the complete removal of the limit come next February along with the stepwise unwinding of as much of the btc perversion as possible?

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
"Well, in our country," said Alice, still panting a little, "you'd generally get to somewhere else—if you run very fast for a long time, as we've been doing."

"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
This is r/btc these days: Pseudo-anarchos who are proud and stupid enough to shuffle and transform their white coins into grey and black ones and at the same time believe to be smarter than Ian Grigg with their anti-law-no-kyc road map (highway to hell).

Last edited:
why does every BCH supporter pretend to not hear that this has always been advertised to be a process culminating in the complete removal of the limit come next February along with the stepwise unwinding of as much of the btc perversion as possible?
Yes, I don't know why smart people have such a hard time to understand what has been said dozens of times.

I can only conclude that they don't want to understand.

Seeing @solex reposting bitmex für without celebrating a 800k transaction block on a bitcoin network makes me sad. Whats on with the vision of emergent consensus? Did you gave up on it because of camp ABC?

Only one Australian bad guy and an angry French guy have been needed to make solex hostile to what he wanted to have since at least 2013.

We have big blocks. 800k tx in one block. Weak nodes are left behind, the miners form an emergent consensus on something like 200mb. Wasn't this exactly what you wanted, solex?

_mr_e

Aug 28, 2015
are you running a full BTC client, a lightning node, and a watchtower node?
A bit of all of the above. Casanode stays online and is a full node, got a small amount in a custodial mobile wallet too, and a bit on a non custodial mobile wallet. Watch tower isn't necessary because honestly who is ever offline for an entire week, and the threat of a justice transaction alone makes any attempts extremely unlikely. Of course I'm still mainly playing around but each has its pros and cons for different use cases.

It's still a work in progress, requiring some tech understanding to be fully safe but it's improving quickly and works.

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
why would you drop the higher performance client to pool resources into the less optimized one?
yet unfortunately the maintainers of the higher performance client are apparently not party to development decisions nor are they even notified when changes are introduced to the protocol.

glad to see this thread is still in full circlejerk mode, never change guys, never change
@trinoxol is a new and welcome voice in the discussion, need not be aware of BU's background history, and is rightly asking questions he feels are important.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
glad to see this thread is still in full circlejerk mode, never change guys, never change
Glad to see you can't help but keep coming back to throw your occasional incendiary bomb.

Reactions: Norway

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@Erdogan

I can't be bothered to regurgitate my thoughts on BSV & how it relates to your supposed cult of Craig.

bottom line, i don't trust any devs that head a Bitcoin blockchain project (including CSW) and have decided to favor the chain based on what it does today and hopefully tomorrow in terms of following the principles in the original WP. the fact that bsv could be hard forked if it deviates from this path is comforting to me as a safety valve. there are other things that could be done as well to stop a major deviation of the project. to me the game theory of this approach is sound as it removes the worship of any dev from the equation .

Last edited:

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
A coin with a stable protocol should find it easiest to maintain its network effect. I am not seeing it in this BitMex graphic.
Yip all the BU nodes forked off, not because they don't accept big blocks, but because the protocol is not as stable as people hoped.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
This is lunacy, nChain is also guilty because some BU members act like pricks too.

@freetrader Why did ABC copy Core and all the bugs introduced after v0.11 when we knew Core were saboteurs? BU has avoided nearly every bug to date because we forked earl enough.

Here is another bug introduced By ABC, not present in BU.

For the record, I don't think you can build the new global financial infrastructure from voluntary donations of fundamentalists who are not invested in the existing global financial infrastructure or the new blockchain-based system they are building, the people who build the new infrastructure must be invested in it succeeding, not voluntary donations.

If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach him to fish and you feed him for life.
Here we have entrepreneurs who were successful using Bitcoin pre V0.12 offering to pay 1000 BCH to remove features added after V0.12 and developers making excuses to preserve these bugs discouraging adoption.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
might as well assume the account is hacked

Reactions: Norway and bitsko

Griffith

Jun 5, 2017
@trinoxol is a new and welcome voice in the discussion, need not be aware of BU's background history, and is rightly asking questions he feels are important.
although it wasnt clear, my quote wasnt directed at specifically him. it was the entire recent history of the thread in general.

Glad to see you can't help but keep coming back to throw your occasional incendiary bomb.
sometimes it's nice to relax and not do any critical thinking, this thread is one of the best places to be for that.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
>sometimes it's nice to relax and not do any critical thinking, this thread is one of the best places to be for that.

the amusing thing is that you're just the latest nobody (a dev of course) that thinks they can discredit a thread in existence since 2011 with over 4M views and tens of thousands of posts. typical.

Last edited: