Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@Richy_T
Sorry buddy, it's not going to happen. Invest accordingly.
[doublepost=1558467128][/doublepost]
With 0.2, bsv reset its scaling testnet. I wonder why... Has the blockchain become to large? Shouldnt this longterm effect also be part of a scaling testnet?

I'm not a fan of bsv license. I don't understand how they can just change it, as they have it from an mit license base. And will nchain be able to arbitrarily change the license in the future?

The 0.2 release also has the option to reject mempool query requests for non whitelisted peers. This also seems like a dangerous path ..
It's a war. And a love affair. Anything is on the table and legal for now. I hope it doesn't get nasty.

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
@Richy_T
Sorry buddy, it's not going to happen. Invest accordingly.
Precisely.

But since it is apparent you weren't clear about what I meant, I posted links to "copyright infringement" of the whitepaper by ABC and BU.
[doublepost=1558467491][/doublepost]
I'm not a fan of bsv license. I don't understand how they can just change it, as they have it from an mit license base. And will nchain be able to arbitrarily change the license in the future?
Typically, existing code is covered under the old license and new code can be covered under a new license. Another alternative is to contact all authors of the code and request them to re-license their code under the new license. That could be tricky given that many of those authors are Core members or people like Gavin. And Satoshi's code would make things quite interesting considering BSV's beliefs.

Reactions: satoshis_sockpuppet

satoshis_sockpuppet

Feb 22, 2016
I'd still like to hear what @theZerg thinks about our contactless protocol, KaChing, but I don't think he will show his balls. And honestly, his input would probably be not related to reality.
People start to use their phones to pay using google or apple pay instead of credit cards. Why should I go back in time when I can use my phone now to pay with BCH?

But however, you feel like you're invested in the right thing, you believe CSW is Satoshi Nakamoto.
I think I'm invested in the right thing and I believe CSW is not Satoshi Nakamoto.

I am also disgusted by the bootlicking of the BSV followers but that's just emotions.

Reactions: majamalu

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
Just as an addition, there are licenses which allow the "Acquisition" of rights but I don't think MIT is one of them.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Reactions: Norway

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
This appears to be Craig's MO. Do anything and everything possible to bolster his credibility (buckets of correspondence course degrees, plagiarizing the works of others etc) while refusing to address the core actions that would prove his claims (because he can't).
I actually agree that he can't sign.
But not because he's not Satoshi but because he destroyed the keys.

It's the safest way to ensure that nobody could every come into possession of them and wrongfully "prove" to be Satoshi.

My theory is that he only kept nTimeLocked transactions to new addresses he controls.

Those transactions will most likely become spendable in January 2020.
Which could be the reason why BSV will allow such transactions with the February 2020 update called Genesis.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
People start to use their phones to pay using google or apple pay instead of credit cards. Why should I go back in time when I can use my phone now to pay with BCH?
KaChing comes from the idea that phones are clumsy bricks.

Implants and wearables, man. That's where I'm going. I'm not going to reveal the power & weakness of Visa. But we did the work. We know what it is.

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
@Richy_T
No, MIT is pretty liberal. GPL would be another situation.
You're right. Interesting discussion here: https://softwareengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/105912/can-you-change-code-distributed-under-the-mit-license-and-re-distribute-it-unde
[doublepost=1558469472,1558468384][/doublepost]
Those transactions will most likely become spendable in January 2020.
Which could be the reason why BSV will allow such transactions with the February 2020 update called Genesis.
What will you do in January if nothing happens?

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Craig Wright is not Satoshi Nakamoto. You know it, I know it. Everybody who can think for themselves knows it..
Yes, a true truther knows it. That's obvious, everbody who can think for themselves knows that the glorious researcher and writer @satoshis_sockpuppet is at least double as smart than Unwriter, Gavin Andresen, Ryan X. Chares, Ian Grigg, ZangelbertBingledack, Calvin Ayre, Otaci et al. combined.

"With the eyes of a fool", he said,
"You see the state you're in,
And still you stumble through your stupid life,
Still you laugh and grin;

Vagabond on a winding road
That only leads you down,
Blind to the dangers and dismay
That wipe the innocent smile away

From the face of a laughing clown."
Imbecile, you are acting like a fool again,
In a world of thieves all ready to run you down,
Imbecile, they are waiting till you make the first mistake,

And you're going to make it,
That's why I'll always call you an Imbecile.
"You weren't always a sorcerer,"
The Joker then replied,

"It seems to me you learned it on the way,
You lived by tricks and lies;
Standing around in your juggler's gown,
There seems no reason why;

Flashing your eyes and casting spells
With candles and signs and magic bells,
Oh, you are the fool, not I."
Imbecile, you can call me that if you feel the need,

But life is short and I am living it while I can.
If it rains, I'll get wet but in the sunshine I'll be dry,
It is you who are foolish,
Just 'cause I laugh don't call me an Imbecile.

"We both are right" said the sorcerer,
"And both of us are wrong,
For though we walk this road we don't know where it leads,
We only know it's long.

You have something to learn from me,
And I can learn from you;
You with your jokes and simple plans
And me with my tricks and sleight of hands,

Together we could get through."
Imbecile, we are dancing down a darkened road,
Though the stars are out, not one of us knows the way
Imbeciles up ahead of us and millions more behind,

And we're laughing and smiling,
That's why I say we're all of us Imbeciles.

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
I find it interesting how the stress of having to maintain the delusion of CSW being Satoshi in the face of so much evidence that he's engaging in duplicitous behavior is causing certain members to act out.

shilch

Mar 28, 2019
With 0.2, bsv reset its scaling testnet. I wonder why... Has the blockchain become to large? Shouldnt this longterm effect also be part of a scaling testnet?

The 0.2 release also has the option to reject mempool query requests for non whitelisted peers. This also seems like a dangerous path ..
I don't see any issues with the Open BSV license. It restricts any work that has been done on software improvements to (the) BSV chain(s). Yes, nChain will be able to change the license in the future (anything that is allowed within the MIT license) when they update the code - but old code will still be available under the old license.
If nChain decided to introduce a hardfork with PoS and they updated the software to version 0.3.0 with a new license that restricts that software to the PoS chain, one would still be able to use the 0.2.0 software on any of the two BSV chains and modify as they like.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Yes, a true truther knows it. That's obvious, everbody who can think for themselves knows that the glorious researcher and writer @satoshis_sockpuppet is at least double as smart than Unwriter, Gavin Andresen, Ryan X. Chares, Ian Grigg, ZangelbertBingledack, Calvin Ayre, Otaci et al. combined.

"With the eyes of a fool", he said,
"You see the state you're in,
And still you stumble through your stupid life,
Still you laugh and grin;

Vagabond on a winding road
That only leads you down,
Blind to the dangers and dismay
That wipe the innocent smile away

From the face of a laughing clown."
Imbecile, you are acting like a fool again,
In a world of thieves all ready to run you down,
Imbecile, they are waiting till you make the first mistake,

And you're going to make it,
That's why I'll always call you an Imbecile.
"You weren't always a sorcerer,"
The Joker then replied,

"It seems to me you learned it on the way,
You lived by tricks and lies;
Standing around in your juggler's gown,
There seems no reason why;

Flashing your eyes and casting spells
With candles and signs and magic bells,
Oh, you are the fool, not I."
Imbecile, you can call me that if you feel the need,

But life is short and I am living it while I can.
If it rains, I'll get wet but in the sunshine I'll be dry,
It is you who are foolish,
Just 'cause I laugh don't call me an Imbecile.

"We both are right" said the sorcerer,
"And both of us are wrong,
For though we walk this road we don't know where it leads,
We only know it's long.

You have something to learn from me,
And I can learn from you;
You with your jokes and simple plans
And me with my tricks and sleight of hands,

Together we could get through."
Imbecile, we are dancing down a darkened road,
Though the stars are out, not one of us knows the
Imbeciles up ahead of us and millions more behind,

And we're laughing and smiling,
That's why I say we're all of us Imbeciles.
What a great song @Zarathustra !

Thanks for the art.

Suddenly, shit is moving in the right direction.

Not BTC (Shitcoin)

Not BCH (Shitcoin Cash)

Not BU (Shitcoin Unlimited)

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Long story short.

BU has a shit ton of money.

What should happen to all this money if @solex @theZerg and @Peter R , elected by the members, comes out as Satoshi Nakamoto haters?

Should the membership of BU (Shitcoin Unlimited) cut them off the stream of money?

How do we do that?

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@lunar

Meh, it's just a gigameg. Nothing to see here. Visitors, please go home.

@Peter R, put on that white lab coat,

To be very clear: Peter Rizun was never ever elected as chief scientist of BU (Shitcoin Unlimited).

His title is Secrectary.

Reactions: sgbett

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
As a member of BU, I will use the name "Shitcoin Unlimited" for BU as long as Shitcoin Unlimited is not supporting a client compatible with Bitcoin © - The original protocol.
[doublepost=1558458938][/doublepost]A consequence of this, is that @solex is the president of Shitcoin Unlimited.
[doublepost=1558459729,1558458793][/doublepost]Don't get me wrong. I like @solex very much. He is a good man, and cool. I used to see him as the Winston Churchill of big blocks. But times are changing. My advice to @solex would be to focus on personal investments, and not the power a person could have defining the future of a changing protocol.
[doublepost=1558460198][/doublepost]For people who don't get it, the mocking name Shitcoin Unlimited for BU has an underlying message. It's a message saying the organization is supporting an unlimited number of shitcoins.

It's a message meaning that the organization supports 1 million shitcoins and no limited supply of shitcoins.
@Norway
I am interpreting this statement as your resignation from Bitcoin Unlimited. It is 100% clear that you have lost respect for our organization, It is clear that your home is elsewhere when it comes to onchain-scaling for Bitcoin. It is a shame it has come to this after 3 long years of collegiality in BU. I previously assumed that you would be honorable enough to write a proper resignation when the time had come, but in the absence of a formal notice, your statements above will suffice.

Reactions: bsdtar