Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

rocks

Sep 24, 2015
money is data, data is money
Money is memory, @cypherdoc posted this paper in the old thread and it has stuck with me as one of the most insightful and true paper I've ever read.
https://www.minneapolisfed.org/research/sr/sr218.pdf

If you get through the math, it becomes clear the more information that is stored in a monetary system the more valuable that monetary system becomes. This is the argument for OP_PUSHDATA4
[doublepost=1557462018,1557461041][/doublepost]
nChain has allocated a budget to develop teranode.
there is no similar structure to make that happen for BCH.
the only money pot readily available for volunteer BCH devs are BU funds.
oh, the things ABC would do with those funds.
The difference is much more than funding.

So far we have seen significantly more openness from BSV than we have seen from not just Core or ABC, but from any coin.

Here are a couple of examples, several weeks ago @cypherdoc asked several poignant questions regarding BSV's philosophy and @shadders immediately provided an a detailed and well thought out reply on direction. Last week I asked a coding question and @shadders replied that day with some pointers and future development they are planning.

I have never seen this from another dev group, ever. Core was not just argumentative and unresponsive, they explicitly left bitcointalk for an exclusive forum specifically to ignore everyone else (I remember warning about that in 2012). BCH skipped all of that and started out behind a wall from the get go, same for many other coins.

And then there is BSV with _unwritter and bsvdevs, etc. There is no comparison in ecosystem building. None. That BSV has a billionaire backing it who believes in the white paper is a bonus, but the focus on ecosystem even better.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
>most insightful and true papers I've ever read.

that paper was key in convincing me Bitcoin was going to be a thing. especially coming from a Federal Reserve official. they know what's going on.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
looks like alot of BCH supporters don't trust ABC, lol.
Yes, masochists don't trust sadists. They just follow them. (et vice versa)
[doublepost=1557467307][/doublepost]
So far we have seen significantly more openness from BSV than we have seen from not just Core or ABC, but from any coin.

Here are a couple of examples, several weeks ago @cypherdoc asked several poignant questions regarding BSV's philosophy and @shadders immediately provided an a detailed and well thought out reply on direction. Last week I asked a coding question and @shadders replied that day with some pointers and future development they are planning.

I have never seen this from another dev group, ever.
Yes, compare the behavior of BSV's lead dev with the behavior of BCH's 'shitlord'.
And then decide which of the two you want to work with. If you are a masochist, you will prefer a symbiosis with the one who spits on you. Bon appétit!

Last edited:

rocks

Sep 24, 2015
>most insightful and true paper I've ever read.

that paper was key in convincing me Bitcoin was going to be a thing. especially coming from a Federal Reserve official. they know what's going on.
The sad part is that paper is not why Bitcoin (BTC) become a thing so far, speculation is the only thing BTC has going for it. BTC is not used directly in any appreciable volume so it stores very little 'memory' compared to its market cap. Imagine what would have happened if we layered that paper on top of this speculation.

And despite that lack of use and all of it's shortcoming, BTC is the chain that the financial markets are looking at. Maybe this is because of BTC's first mover advantage and ownership of the Bitcoin name, but then again a great way to suppress Bitcoin would be to break it and then promote the broken version of it to the public....
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-06/fidelity-said-to-offer-cryptocurrency-trading-within-a-few-weeks

Reactions: Norway

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Bitcoin does not stop debt
No cryptocurrency can. No system ever will. Debt is contractual. Unless you ban all contracts, debt exists, and to ban all contracts means to ban all trade. Even in Bitcoin, you can create debt obligations and bonds. (CSW)

https://medium.com/@craig_10243/dont-be-fooled-bitcoin-is-not-btc-61e6aee8ac53

That's true. All forms of medium of exchange (currency) can be and had been replaced. To me, money is debt. A currency is a different thing. Gold and Bitcoin as some kind of Gold 2.0 is a commodity.
"Bitcoin is a commodity ledger" (CSW)

Last edited:

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
With the current BU vote coming to an end in 30 minutes we can say with certainty that BUIP114: Drop Support for the BSV HF Config Parameters in BUCash has been accepted.

It saddens me that two thirds of the members felt the need to remove the ability to change the behaviour of BUCash, giving their users the freedom to choose which chain to follow.

BU stood once for unlimited choices but having a configuration setting that was hard to configure and off by default must have been too much choice for the majority of the members.

In Switzerland the ballots with the most participation are not the technical but the emotional ones.
I believe this to be the same here at BU.
BUIP 114 has gotten the most member votes in absolute number and percentage than any other BUIP since I'm a member of BU and I would guess that this is true for all BUIPs since the first voting (but I didn't check that).

With 29 votes (1 spoiled) this would even be enough to change the articles (72% of the needed 66% participation).

Btw. some came to only vote on BUIP 114 and didn't bother to invest some time and inform themselves about the other BUIPs which in my view shows in another way that this was emotional.
[doublepost=1557477089][/doublepost]And in case someone want's to argue that maintaining two versions in one code base is difficult.
In this case members could have been voting in favour of BUIP113: Support Bitcoin SV with an Official Implementation.

But they rejected this as well making it not a technical issue but again emotional.

Last edited:

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
With the current BU vote coming to an end in 30 minutes we can say with certainty that BUIP114: Drop Support for the BSV HF Config Parameters in BUCash has been accepted.

It saddens me that two thirds of the members felt the need to remove the ability to change the behaviour of BUCash, giving their users the freedom to choose which chain to follow.

BU stood once for unlimited choices but having a configuration setting that was hard to configure and off by default must have been too much choice for the majority of the members.

In Switzerland the ballots with the most participation are not the technical but the emotional ones.
I believe this to be the same here at BU.
BUIP 114 has gotten the most member votes in absolute number and percentage than any other BUIP since I'm a member of BU and I would guess that this is true for all BUIPs since the first voting (but I didn't check that).

With 29 votes (1 spoiled) this would even be enough to change the articles (72% of the needed 66% participation).

Btw. some came to only vote on BUIP 114 and didn't bother to invest some time and inform themselves about the other BUIPs which in my view shows in another way that this was emotional.
[doublepost=1557477089][/doublepost]And in case someone want's to argue that maintaining two versions in one code base is difficult.
In this case members could have been voting in favour of BUIP113: Support Bitcoin SV with an Official Implementation.

But they rejected this as well making it not a technical issue but again emotional.
where can I see the vote breakdown by member?

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
Sorry, can't help you buddy. I think it's still hope for the organization. It's just very tiny.
@Norway. No, you (and I'm talking about most vocal SV supporters here) can't help yourself. Otherwise you'd take the BU client and maintain it to support BSV going forward.

But I know what the reply to this will be: "We don't need BU."

Instead of accepting that nearly two thirds of the current membership rejects even supporting BSV as a separate client and moving to build up your own fork of it, you will continue to bad-talk BU and disrupt it as much as you can. If you consider that a good use of your time, I truly can't help you.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@Norway. No, you (and I'm talking about most vocal SV supporters here) can't help yourself. Otherwise you'd take the BU client and maintain it to support BSV going forward.

But I know what the reply to this will be: "We don't need BU."

Instead of accepting that nearly two thirds of the current membership rejects even supporting BSV as a separate client and moving to build up your own fork of it, you will continue to bad-talk BU and disrupt it as much as you can. If you consider that a good use of your time, I truly can't help you.
We'll see over time. I think things will change dramatically, but I don't know when. Could be a week, could be a year.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
@Christoph Bergmann : sorry to see you go but I will correct you on your view of Bitcoin Cash and ABC.

ABC does not set the limit.

Their software is configurable.

There is also nothing stopping another client (BU, or maybe Bitcoin D-E-F) from implementing tech that can reliable achiever greater block sizes than ABC can produce and propagate across the network.
In that case such more advanced clients would win out in the end.
If there was enough network demand, this would happen much faster.

You are fully mistaken in your view of ABC as the "dictator of Bitcoin Cash".

However, I respect your integrity to leave BU and focus on SV.
If SV is supposed to have any chance of success, this kind of integrity and courage to take action will be what can make it happen.

Last edited:

Members online