Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
SV campfire marshmallows narrative about how the 'bcash' implementation is lost seems to be burning to a crisp.

Last edited:

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
i still think it would be a good idea for a competing implementation to exist in case BSV devs go rogue
i don't think the BSV devs are planning on going rogue. they are developing teranode.

remember that dude TPTB_WANTS_WAR who trolled me relentlessly for over a year way back when?
iirc, TPTB was @AnonyMint.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
>i don't think the BSV devs are planning on going rogue. they are developing teranode.

i don't think so either, but not only do i have to satisfy my own need for a Plan B, we need to satisfy all the naysayers needs for a Plan B.

>iirc, TPTB was @AnonyMint.

i'd say you're correct on that. now who was @AnonyMint? :)

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
>i don't think the BSV devs are planning on going rogue. they are developing teranode.

i don't think so either, but not only do i have to satisfy my own need for a Plan B, we need to satisfy all the naysayers needs for a Plan B.
nChain has allocated a budget to develop teranode.
there is no similar structure to make that happen for BCH.
the only money pot readily available for volunteer BCH devs are BU funds.
oh, the things ABC would do with those funds.

shilch

Mar 28, 2019
this is fucking incredible. I've made this exact argument for years on r/btc and r/Bitcoin in promoting both ABC and Bitcoin UNLIMITED and got tons of upvotes as big blockists supposedly understood. now today, May 8, 2019, I'm getting downvotes for arguing the EXACT same thing. suddenly, small 32mb blocks have become the new narrative. WTF is going on? at least with early adopters like me you get consistency:

Lol, remember that time when the headlines have been "BSV blocks took 40 minutes to propagate"? Now it's "well-known that propagation is not an issue but [insert whatever you like]".

Lol, remember that time when the headlines have been "BSV blocks took 40 minutes to propagate"? Now it's "well-known that propagation is not an issue but [insert whatever you like]".
They learned from the best ...

Seeing the good old core narrative style repeated on the ABC side since October is disgusting. The king is dead, long live the King.

I'm just tired of this shit. Maybe it's good that BU dropped bsv, now we can come to a rest

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
is that why they're raiding this place?
[doublepost=1557361853][/doublepost]
Lol, remember that time when @jtoomim said it's impossible for incentivized miners to send a 1MB block in less than 14.7 seconds through the great firewall of China while claiming to be a network expert?
yes

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
nChain has allocated a budget to develop teranode.
there is no similar structure to make that happen for BCH.
oh, the things ABC would do with those funds.
CSW's rant about folks not wanting to invest $20k into infrastructure feels like a clue about terranode.

sgbett

Aug 25, 2015
UK
I agree with the gist, either he should prove it in public or in court in whatever way, or just stop emphasising how he's satoshi - the repeated talk about "I am Satoshi and I'm here to kill off Satoshi" appears contradictory. But then again, maybe he behaves exactly that way to effectively "kill off Satoshi", idk.
Whatever it is, I consider Wright's content very original (especially pointing out the incentives in bitcoin) - no matter whether he digged into all bitcoin-related material out there or whether he actually was involved in the creation of bitcoin.
If we assume for a sec he’s telling the truth about bitcoin not having a leader then this is the only way to right the ship and also kill the king - not literally, but figuratively. It’s about not worshipping false idols. It’s about believing in Bitcoin not Satoshi.

Make Satoshi unworshippable. That’s how you kill him.

(Been watching American Gods ;) )

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
@Klakurka , 'incompatible'
[doublepost=1557412143][/doublepost]that is interesting. good to see the perseverance of flowee the hub.

schnoor before core!

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
I found this interesting:

Source
looks like alot of BCH supporters don't trust ABC, lol.
[doublepost=1557418160,1557417257][/doublepost]you gotta luv Bitcoin. theoretically, no matter how many times and into how many small bits the hacker splits these coins, trackers like Chainanalysis will be hot on the tails of the stolen coins. problem is, if hacker A buys coffee from innocent merchant B, who buys coffee beans from supplier C, who buys whatever from supplier D, who then tries to cash in BTC for fiat on exchange E, then gets a "nope" from exchange E b/c of blacklisting, you still have the hacker running around free unless you're willing to go back and interview everyone along the line for the cost of the original $3 coffee. and that's supposing you can identify them exactly. :LOL:

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
implementation is lost
Looks like a long list of protocol tweaks, have you had any feedback from app developers and services using the BCH chain? Is this going to give them any extra work?

lol, Poor ole Roger is going to find himself in prison again, if he keeps on that path. Talk about kicking the gorilla in the nuts. Perhaps the second time round will cure the problems caused from his first trip?

Just heard on the radio, paraphrased.

Everyone knows Craig is a fraud and not the real Satoshi, It's already well priced into BSV. What do you think will happen when/if he's fully vindicated?
[doublepost=1557433335,1557432372][/doublepost]Quelle surprise. Which one of you pointed this out.... years ago? @cypherdoc maybe?

On the blockchain. :ROFLMAO:

https://bico.media/1f8e0c5f47b470f3df0f06f3d2939adccc1f2b7dafa0b4a32a69663cda2c6760.pdf
[doublepost=1557433748][/doublepost]