Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

Windowly

Dec 10, 2015
Can we schedule a vote in the next couple hours? If we actually do convert it we should release a press release about the conversion as well (after the fact). Might be picked up by major news outlets. One of the main bitcoin implementations are liquidizing their BTC for Bitcoin Cash.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
Yikes close to ETH marketcap O_O

A vote would be dififcult to organize representatively.

A conversion is also risky. I would not recommend the officials to play such a gamble since their holding should be pre-August-fork and thus automatically safe on the BCH chain.

I think the BU org / foundation or whoever holds the funds has a chance to demonstrate that holding during a fork is the safe path, and in doing so set an example for others in future.

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
We can't schedule a vote so quickly as members need lots of notice, and we need a BUIP to vote on first, which has had some time for review and comment.
I think it is reasonable to say that the BU elected officers have authority to maintain the funds in the Bitcoin fork with the most PoW chain. That can't include a spike when difficulty is too low due to EDA, but it can include a sustained period of >50% hash-power when the new DAA is operational.
So it needs a BUIP to override and make an early decision to move some percentage to Cash, but once 50% is hit after the DAA then the officers should switch the holding.

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
Aug 15 - price 295$ - 0.07
Lets convert say 10% of the BTC holdings to BCC
Blows own horn ;-)

This is looking like an epic collapse. If the miners were trying for a controlled demolition, they are going to be hard pressed to prevent a bank run panic now. Ironically the only limit on speed is the 3 Tx/s 1MB cap. The bonus here, is that my earlier concerns about the DAA timing and this rise will somewhat be mitigated.

humanitee

Sep 7, 2015
Sold all my BTC the moment the fork failed. Been holding my Cash this whole time. Told everyone I advise for to do the same.

Needless to say we are loving this! Just wanted to stop by and say hey cause you're my people!

This feels like when you get the flu and you step outside and get some fresh air for the first time in days. Relief.

Thanks to all you guys. I actually thought Cash jumped the gun before but they called Jihan and Garzik backing out which TBH I didn't see coming.

Long live the market!

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
Have to agree with you there. I haven't been able to move any legacy BTC since seven hours ago.
There will be a window of opportunity when the Bitcoin Cash difficulty goes up 400% tomorrow.
I expect some hashpower to return to Bitcoin SegWit and with it people will be able to move their BTC to exchanges.

After this window Bitcoin SegWit might never be more profitable anymore.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
t seems like Ethereum Classic got pumped with a volume of a billion dollars traded today. Thoughts? Banksters trying to create confusion among coins?
that's got me by surprise, I thin that's where a lot of that BCH profit is being pumped trying to steal some BCH thunder, unfortunately I can't short it well see what happens. I think its a bluff and will exhaust itself as bag holders drop it for BCH.
[doublepost=1510467421][/doublepost]
I wonder if there's a way we could pass a vote quickly enough to shapeshift some of BU's BTCs into BCH.
yes lets have a vote before we get to 0.4 LOL.

I may have had a little too much to drink but lets do this. I've been inching to pass a vote on the Future of bitcoin conference to buy tickets before the BTC price drops too.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
I think the BU org / foundation or whoever holds the funds has a chance to demonstrate that holding during a fork is the safe path, and in doing so set an example for others in future.
good point But with all the goings on I've been toasting a lot.

can hardly see I am laughing so hard.

This is so crazy, I can only imagine how vindicated the people who went all in feel. I've got some buying too do hope BTC is still here tomorrow and the mempool is a little less full.