Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

Tomothy

Mar 14, 2016
Yeah, right!? Did I read that correctly as well!? He's dumping btc for bch!????

**Edit

No, it's him quoting norway. At least you're famous. He follows you. I'd feel special. I think they realize they're in the shitter now. They're going to need to HF or be open to attack if they become minority hashpower chain... Uh oh...

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
@freetrader so the nov. 13 fork is taking place as planned? the opportunity still seems to exist to delay it for a couple of weeks and make sure there is no need for a further change on this front down the line.

on the other hand, it may be best to stay the course and avoid confusion at this special moment . . .

Tom Zander

Jun 2, 2016
Hei Guys, I have a strange, but interesting ethical question.
People buying guns continues to be illegal, regardless of Bitcoin existing.

The war that Bitcoin fights is one where a tiny minority has control over a majority. It may be argued that this model stops people from buying guns, but history doesn't support that.
What we do know is that Bitcoin can be used to get away from oppression, from failing governments and currencies etc. As a quick example; https://blockexplorer.com/news/bitcoin-price-surges-13900-zimbabwe-locals-flee-dire-economic-reality/

Reactions: Norway and majamalu

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
I'm surprised by the 2x shelving but not pessimistic. My guess is the miners aborted because they really did think it would be a showdown that was too dangerous to have now,
I think the message is that while the miners have a lot of vested interest in the future of Bitcoin, thay also have a lot to lose and are very risk averse. This makes them afraid to take a bold stance. Core may well tank Bitcoin but the miners can at least tell themselves "It wasn't me", I guess.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
@freetrader so the nov. 13 fork is taking place as planned? the opportunity still seems to exist to delay it for a couple of weeks and make sure there is no need for a further change on this front down the line.

on the other hand, it may be best to stay the course and avoid confusion at this special moment . . .
While I wish to revisit the choice of algo, I think calling off this fork now would be damaging to the confidence in Bitcoin Cash . We can surely use the improved algorithm to ensure we survive any turbulence in next days / weeks.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Yeah, right!? Did I read that correctly as well!? He's dumping btc for bch!????

**Edit

No, it's him quoting norway. At least you're famous. He follows you. I'd feel special. I think they realize they're in the shitter now. They're going to need to HF or be open to attack if they become minority hashpower chain... Uh oh...
It's just creepy to be monitored by Greg, while he tries to figure out who I am. I feel abused, and made into an object. Isn't the CEO of Blockstream, the company that is supposed to change the global financial system, expected to have more important things on his plate than connecting my username here with my username on reddit?

I have a few Bitcoin Cash, but not enough to be relevant in the financial world. I know I look good, and have a strong visual sex impact when I enter a room. Those of you who I have met, know what I'm talking about. It must be the only reason for why Greg tries to find out who I am in real life. I'm offended by his attention to me. I'd rather go on a date with Kevin Spacey than Greg. Neckbeard is not my thing. That's why I used the hashtag #MeToo :ROFLMAO:

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
Is that the sucking sound of a massive siphon?? Bitcoins great economic re-org of 2017 is picking up steam rather nicely.

Just like bankruptcy, it happens slowly at first then all at once, but I'll not be content until Cash takes back the most total work chain.

In the mean time I have to confess I joined the club some time ago.

Full Norway - Bagatell Berserk - Lunar Tick (y)

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
On a more serious note, i'm a little concerned about the timing of this rise and the activation of the new DAA.

It's looking like cash will see a 4x difficulty adjustment just prior to the fork. This combined with the new DAA will make the difficulty very high. It's going to be a baptism of fire for the new algo, hope it works well in this edge case scenario.We might need another 2/3x in price or there's going to be some period of very unprofitable mining ahead.

molecular

Aug 31, 2015
I'm running into an interesting psychological phenomenon: In altcoin trading I'm used to take some profits (in BTC) whenever some alt experiences a large gain (very profitable habit). This habit is triggered by the BCH rally currently and I find myself hovering over the sell button due to that habit. But then some other neuron cluster fires and tells me: "dude! you're taking profit, which might be fine, but what the hell are you taking it in? BTC? WTF are you doing! That ship might be in the process of going down!".

So BTC's perceived safe-haven-status is reflected in my habits and that perception is becoming less and less accurate.

Now I need to rethink those habits, because Bitcoin isn't the safe haven it used to be. Raaaaah! Where to flee to? Where to put the funds for safe storage?

Oh, I know... and the new habit is quite simple to implement: just HODL the CASH ;-)

As Gavin said: store of value AND means of exchange

Members online

No members online now.