Bitcoin Cash Wall Observer

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
Bittrex just reduced the number of required confirmations from 20 to 10 for BCC deposits. This will facilitate faster dumps but also signals their confidence in the new blockchain's survival. Could still go either way at this point.

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
So, my question is: should we look for a capitulation spike down in BCC before the long climb back?
If yes, then looking at bittrex there is no evidence yet...
the ride from 0.4 - 0.06 was the "capitulation" it was like a slow-mo flash crash, and it happened in slow motion because of the slow blocks.

and there can be no real capitulation, since... everyone is happy to dump.
if there is capitulation it will be much later when big blocker that have been buying admit defeat and sell their bcc.
[doublepost=1502067927][/doublepost]
Bittrex just reduced the number of required confirmations from 20 to 10 for BCC deposits. This will facilitate faster dumps but also signals their confidence in the new blockchain's survival. Could still go either way at this point.
interesting, thanks for posting this info.

strange how it seems to of had the opposite effect on the market then one would expect.

last night i held off buying because i saw a block with +200K coins was going to get 20conf, and also realized that blocks would start coming in much faster with the dif adjustment coming overnight.

i expected to hit rock bottom by the end of today...

but no, UP it goes

le MOFO is starting to get to me.

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
it did get to .057 today (on trex).

it's too difficult to finesse, especially if you are investing fresh fiat, as BTC itself is fluctuating.
i am following your advice and considering myself well served if i can keep the buy-in average below .9.

Reactions: adamstgbit

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
I have invested everything I'm comfortable with at various prices. The lowest was at 0.0642.

I will now evaluate if I want to risk the rest of my BTC stack. I guess I'm going to wait a little before I make that decision.

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
yup that 0.1 call was on point.

hash power appears to continue to decline, we had a dif adjustment not too long ago, now at 13%, but blocks seems to be coming in slower. however ViaBTC hashing power has increased slightly. it must be the unknown miner(s) has also dropped his hash power, they must be trying to bring the dif down as much as they can to make minning profitable. we might get yet another diff adjustment down.

And I think we're going to see price jump up to 0.15 at which point minning will be very profitable, then we can expect a HUGE incress in minning power, i bet we will see 5 min blocks. This might lead to a mini-speculative bubble ("omg all the hash power is Flippening!!")... or... this will be where all the BCC chances hands into from core-fans to big blockers and speculators.

i'll going to try and sell this, as i would expect price and hashing power to stabilize lower after all this "strategic minning" of BCC.

Reactions: AdrianX

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
I'm dipping my toes in a little I'm going to test this. This game will play until we near the November fork and if it's looking strong I can see a scenario where the flippering happens before then. This difficult adjusting down is going to be good and bad it's going to allow price swinging and if we see 5min blocks we'll see a jump in difficult, miners flip and then flip back.

The amazing thing is the bankers have to keep pumping fiat at the BTC price to compensate for Cash's difficult adjustments.

This is going to be awesome. And as @cypherdoc always says "not everyone investing in this space is going to make money"

The trick is we want to be left with a transaction capacity increase for future growth.

Reactions: torusJKL and lunar

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
if we see 5min blocks we'll see a jump in difficult
not sure about this, i know for a fact the dif can ajust down, but ajustments UP might be handled with the good old fashion way of doing it "dif retarget after 2weeks-worth-of-blocks".

in which case we'd see 5min blocks for like a week.
[doublepost=1502247389][/doublepost]it would be sweet if priced tanked to 0.8's one last time so i can actually buy a large chuck with confidence. that seems to easy tho...

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
in which case we'd see 5min blocks for like a week.
Yip and then miners switch back when the banks pump Segcoin, so the flip goes back and forth it's not permanent its triggered by the low difficulty and then it stops when difficulty adjusts.

Oh hell I'm just losing my alts left and right. I had 50% of my NXT coin on BTC-e I decided to sell them and buy BCC, looks like i missed the warning with MtGox, got screwed with Cryptsy, and made the same mistake twice. I can't remember my ultra secure pass phrase for the other 50% :oops: if there is one thing I'v over done it is security.

I think its a good time to move from alts into Bitcoin Cash.

Last edited:
Reactions: megadeth

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
BTC is the titanic, BCC is the lifeboats on the titanic. eh?

I actually managed to get 1 in the 0.08's tonight. fingers crossed for more dumps.

Reactions: megadeth

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
I've got bids all the way down to 0.04 one idea is to buy back BCC to restore all the BTC I sold in the $200's when it looked to me like the Blockstream 1MB4ever was winning. Still love to keep the existing fundamentals and see 0.01

Reactions: adamstgbit

Carlos

Aug 10, 2017
Guys! OMG! just don't sell it!
The formula to get profit on Bitcoin Cash is NOT TO SELL IT, if everybody is doing cash out, then there are more offer than demand, and the prices drop to the bottom of the sea.
If people hold the coins, they generate more demand than offer, therefore the prices go up like a rocket.
Let's be smart. Just hold it and get rich!
It is Economics 101...

Please read this article, and share it. let's get rich instead of burn our money...
http://www.investopedia.com/university/economics/economics3.asp