Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tomothy

Mar 14, 2016
So RE: GIthub P2P key removal thing. I know that Satoshi had the key or a key along with Gavin and maybe Karples. The fact that this is being removed, is this good/bad? I feel I'm way to far down the rabbit hole to not be unbiased about this and just view it as more evidence of blockstreams evil intentions. And more sideways? Man, btc getting boring, again.

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
"they have achieved near perfect control over the perspiration of the bitcoin communities..."

I for one love @adamstgbit's hilarious typos. Blockstream/Core certainly makes me sweat!
LMAO!
oh spell check really doesn't do good sometimes.
as long as the first 3 and last 3 letter are what i expect it to be, I read wtv the fuck i want to read.
[doublepost=1458917811][/doublepost]perception.

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
So RE: GIthub P2P key removal thing. I know that Satoshi had the key or a key along with Gavin and maybe Karples. The fact that this is being removed, is this good/bad? I feel I'm way to far down the rabbit hole to not be unbiased about this and just view it as more evidence of blockstreams evil intentions. And more sideways? Man, btc getting boring, again.
BU removed it weeks ago Theymos and others also have keys

JayJuanGee

Sep 29, 2015
BU removed it weeks ago Theymos and others also have keys
Could someone provide a link to what this thread of this discussion is about? or alternatively some kind of explanation regarding what is meant by having keys to the github.

My understanding was that in the beginning only Satoshi had keys, and then I believe it was Satoshi and Gavin, and then it expanded to five developers as described here:

>>>>>>>The current Core developers are Wladimir J. van der Laan, Gavin Andresen, Jeff Garzik, Gregory Maxwell, and Pieter Wuille. <<<<<<

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Core_developers

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
digging up a thread about this is going to be hard...

Devs had keys to allow them to send alert msg to peers on the network. ( the keys were never on github, maybe the public key?? )
they have revamped this sub-system, and now they have new keys.
[doublepost=1458924072][/doublepost]

I feel bullish today.

Last edited:

JayJuanGee

Sep 29, 2015
digging up a thread about this is going to be hard...

Devs had keys to allow them to send alert msg to peers on the network. ( the keys were never on github, maybe the public key?? )
they have revamped this sub-system, and now they have new keys.
[doublepost=1458924072][/doublepost]

I feel bullish today.

I've seen some larger lists too in which there are various descriptions of more than 100 people who have contributed code through the years at one time or another; however, to get their code published in the actual bitcoin code, it has to go through one (or all) of the above 5 to get "consensus" about adding to the actual code.

Shows more than 100:
https://bitcoin.org/en/development

Accordingly, there may be levels of access in which some people may be able to participate in various levels of the conversation including proposing code changes.

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
you're right, but you're confusing me, code contribution has little to do with alert key access.
i think you're confusing commit access on github and alert key access.
altho its likely if you had commit access on github you also have the key for the p2p alert system.

JayJuanGee

Sep 29, 2015
you're right, but you're confusing me, code contribution has little to do with alert key access.
i think you're confusing commit access on github and alert key access.
altho its likely if you had commit access on github you also have the key for the p2p alert system.
Thanks for the clarification.

I was confusing me, too... :):)

JayJuanGee

Sep 29, 2015
Remember 2015, we had a couple of 5 week periods of flat.... in the $230s?

So far this is "only" almost a 3 week period of flat in the lower $400s.... "coiling" could take another couple of weeks, no? This could be bitcoin's new $230s? Call me pessimistic.

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
Remember 2015, we had a couple of 5 week periods of flat.... in the $230s?

So far this is "only" almost a 3 week period of flat in the lower $400s.... "coiling" could take another couple of weeks, no? This could be bitcoin's new $230s? Call me pessimistic.
these things tend to move faster and faster.

230's was defining bottom, we are currently defining initial resistance area, we will break through sooner rather than later.

unless ALL the coins need to switch hands before we move up.....

[doublepost=1458930074][/doublepost]volume appears to be dropping, a move is imminent ( within 8hours )

Reactions: JayJuanGee