Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JimboToronto

Oct 2, 2015
Good morning Bitcoinland.

The chartbuddies are starting to pile up here now. Some say that when WO posts slow down to a trickle, there's a move coming. We'll see.

It has been pretty flat for over 2 weeks now.

8up

Mar 14, 2016

The wedge to rule them all. $280 (in a flash crash? crushing all the longs) is still a thing!

Reactions: solex

blackspidy

Mar 14, 2016
I'm not worried about getting margin called. Estimated liq price at $116, and I got more bitcoin to move into my margin. Sure, I got margin buy orders going down to $378, but I think the most severe conceivable flash crash would hit $330. That is, if there's no bad news (assuming no other Mike Hearnia). Personally, I would look forward to such bargain prices... but I'm a bit uneasy with low prices, lately. Specially prices approaching below $400.

Reactions: 8up and Norway

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
I'm not worried about getting margin called. Estimated liq price at $116, and I got more bitcoin to move into my margin. Sure, I got margin buy orders going down to $378, but I think the most severe conceivable flash crash would hit $330. That is, if there's no bad news (assuming no other Mike Hearnia). Personally, I would look forward to such bargain prices... but I'm a bit uneasy with low prices, lately. Specially prices approaching below $400.
Nobody can predict the short term future based on TA.

My hope is that the price goes down as fast as possible because of the artificial transaction limit. Making the miners more desperate, and choosing the other option (Classic).

It's like removing a band aid. The quicker, the better.

After that, Bitcoin Classic where all the brains is & moon!!!!

@Peter Tschipper 4 eva!

Tomothy

Mar 14, 2016
So, Bitpay released adaptive blocksize github post. Why aren't we all bullish AF? It sounds amazing.

https://github.com/bitpay/bips/blob/master/bip-adaptiveblocksize.mediawiki

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4bds66/adaptive_blocksize_proposal_by_bitpay/

I mean, I know people need time to digest things and everything... but still, like. This seems like super bullish, right? Or is this just bad because it takes away from Core and Classic and just muddy's the water more? I guess I could see that, but this just seems like, hey guys, We at bitpay fixed your stupid argument. (mic drop).

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
@Tomothy
I think the market has priced in all the block limit solutions it can swallow. The only thing that can get it excited will be seeing the 1MB trashed. I was hoping that after Classic gets its 2MB that we could successully make the case for BUIP001 to get used by Classic. However, if they still can't get their heads around it then BitPay's solution is a workable 2nd choice.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@Tomothy
It's cool, but not bullish regarding the price of bitcoin. (And good news are bearish? lol!)

Bitpay made the draft of this proposal months ago. It's my favourite. It's in the roadmap of Classic.

First, we have to pry the definition power out of the cold, dead hands of core/Blockstream. I believe Classic is the best tool for that job. Bitcoin Unlimited and the guys behind it are best for the future.

For that power transition to happen, I think the price has to tank. Making miners desperate and selecting Classic as the last solution in order to survive. I'm probably wrong ;)

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
@Tomothy I think Bitpay's solution is a great idea. At first I thought it was less elegant than Bitcoin Unlimited, but this combined with Gavin's Headers First proposal and Xthin Blocks has got the elements needed to break Blockstreams competitive edge. Blockstreams competitive edge is the fast relay network that has miners dependant on a centralised server and Blockstreams back room meetings to keep the majority of miners inline and committed to their roadmap.

Bitpay's solution is bullish, but I don't think most understand how yet. Gavin's Headers First proposal and Bitpay's adaptive block size limit in combination to BU's Xthin Blocks represent a big change to how Bitcoin works, it effectively renders Blockstreams "improvements" - Cores roadmap and there relay network heroin somewhat moot.

Classic represents nothing more than a tool to break Cores centralised control, but the combination of the 3 existing implementations of bitcoin mentioned above represent a huge innovation that breaks Blockstream's stronghold over Core.

Volatility aside I predict we'll see an uptick in price relative to Core's dominance diminishing. I think it's going to look flat for months. it's still going to pop at the end of this conflict one way or another. For the future of humanity I'm hoping it's doesn't resolve on the Blockstreams side.

(funny thing while I was writing this post I got a call from a salesman peddling gold options. not sure what to make of that other than change is on the horizon.)

JayJuanGee

Sep 29, 2015
@Tomothy
It's cool, but not bullish regarding the price of bitcoin. (And good news are bearish? lol!)

Bitpay made the draft of this proposal months ago. It's my favourite. It's in the roadmap of Classic.

First, we have to pry the definition power out of the cold, dead hands of core/Blockstream. I believe Classic is the best tool for that job. Bitcoin Unlimited and the guys behind it are best for the future.

For that power transition to happen, I think the price has to tank. Making miners desperate and selecting Classic as the last solution in order to survive. I'm probably wrong ;)

I hear these kinds of talking points frequently, and I hope that you are wrong, too.

I believe that bitcoin governance is not broken as it is proclaimed to be. In this regard, consensus is achieved by persuasion and convincing rather than by guns and threats, and therefore, there should not be a need to crash bitcoin (or nearly crash bitcoin) in order to "fix" bitcoin.

Reactions: AdrianX

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
BU's removal of block size from consensus is ofc completely compatible with bitpay's suggestion since miners can follow whatever algorithm they want. As a gesture of support I think we should implement a bitpay compatible mode for BU's excessive block size and generation sizr.

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
@Richy_T Replying to a thread doesn't stop notifications. Click the link at the top to "Unwatch thread" instead.

@adamstgbit Are you planning anything special to celebrate the upcoming 10-day anniversary of your ban? :D

Reactions: freetrader