Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Wlad indicated on the dev mailing list that he was looking at implementing whatever consensus emerges from the HK Farce. Looking at the long list of hard-bitten 1MBers there I am not holding my breath.

Fatman3002

Sep 5, 2015
@Norway

They won't "step up" and Wladimir et co will stay unchallenged. The "Revolutionary" Bitcoiners are strangely conformist when decision time comes. There is no momentum anywhere to really push for a solution and Core's interests, both with regards to their egos and their perceived economic interests, lie in not raising the block size limit. "Fortunately" Bitcoin is still mainly for speculators, who don't really care too much about the technical stuff, but mainstream adoption is basically delayed until shit has truly hit the fan and something gets done.

I might be talking out of my ass, but this is how I see it. Let's hope "The Bitcoin Community" manages to surprise me.

Reactions: Norway

lebing

Nov 18, 2015
SF bay area
@Fatman It's crunch time. In two months if we are still in the same place, I will agree with you but I believe that before that time you will be surprised at what the community is able to accomplish.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Would be fun if we crossed 900 USD/BTC this year. I have a small bet on that on predictious.com ;)

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
@chmod755: I am absolutely sure that there will be a rally with the activation of BIP101. I am not sure about its size, but I am pretty sure that it will clearly stand out. $1000+ again.

Reactions: majamalu

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
lift off

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
This is the scaling conference. There is massive pent-up demand for bitcoins if throughout can be improved from the current crippling 3 TPS. Lots of serious money is waiting to see whether this remains a curiosity or actually can challenge MC and VISA anytime soon.

If no action by Core results from the conference conclusions, after a month or two, then I think there will be a hell of a short to be had before the next halving,

Inca

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
Hovering at just below 400 with rapidly rising margin long positions.

The price may soon explode in one direction. Hopefully UP!

Reactions: cypherdoc

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
Is there a web site that shows margin positions on different exchanges... I used to have a python script that I used for bitfinex but got bored during the big long slump

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015