Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mengerian

Staff member
Aug 29, 2015
Funny, after ETF rejection and a 40% swing on the day, price is grinding back up to $1140, what it was 48 hours ago..

Reactions: AdrianX

Mengerian

Staff member
Aug 29, 2015
Bitcoin market share dropping below 80% again, ETH, DASH, XMR surging: http://coinmarketcap.com/ :(

EDIT: I'm thinking the altcoin pump is probably caused by "new money" coming in to the Bitcoin space.

Investors newly enthusiastic about crypto-magic will be more susceptible to the lure of altcoins.

On the other hand, I am wary the I may just be conforming my own biases. So for the reason, I don't want to dismiss altcoins out of hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: AdrianX

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
Investors newly enthusiastic about crypto-magic will be more susceptible to the lure of altcoins.
This has been my experience recently. five people in the last month, friends of friends, have contacted me asking about various altcoins, after they first learned about bitcoin. It's a the crypto equivalent of pink sheet investing, they see the prices rising and have already mentally spent the money on new cars.

It's been particularly hard explaining that all they are really doing is exposing themselves to magnitudes higher risk on top of an already ultra hi risk asset class. Then seeing Dash up 100% o_O

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
@ChartBuddy anyway you can work with @Bloomie to make your posts arrive as the second to last post in the thread or refreshed at the top of each page? It helps when folks come to check the site, they can see who else is posting.

kind request

yrral86

Sep 4, 2015
@ChartBuddy anyway you can work with @Bloomie to make your posts arrive as the second to last post in the thread or refreshed at the top of each page? It helps when folks come to check the site, they can see who else is posting.

kind request
It should always take you to the first unread post. Why is that insufficient?

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
It should always take you to the first unread post. Why is that insufficient?
This forum and this thread isn't overly busy. I get the majority of my posting updates from the Alerts, New threads, or New Posts boxes in the sidebar. The only notifications I ever receive for this thread I have on watch, are from Chart Buddy as it buries new post alerts almost immediately.

Anyway perhaps this is not a problem for others? it's just been bugging me for a while. I think we'd get more action here if Chart Buddy didn't show up in the Alerts/Sidebar history.

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
@lunar The sidebar widget is written by a third party and doesn't allow filtering by poster. I agree that it doesn't make sense to get an alert every time ChartBuddy posts since that happens every 3 hours. Perhaps you can just unwatch this thread and visit it manually?

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
big wall at 1.520 on gdax. I wonder if we'll crush it.

What region/exchange is driving this rise?

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
Looking for a short-term entry point. Technical traders out there--would you consider what's happened in the last 24 hours a reversal?