Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
this is nice . . . ~8% gains maintained again. . . now perhaps a few days to narrow the XBTCNY/XBTUSD spread, which would bring us to the low 700s . . .

rebuilder

Mar 14, 2016
Hmm. Maybe I need to make Chartbuddy push faster when things heat up.

Not really, IMO. If you want to watch the action in real time, you can do that at any charting site. Chartbuddy is more about the historical record, if you ask me, or finding out what happened when you were sleeping.

Reactions: AdrianX

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
Yeah but quite a lot can happen in an hour and that's currently squeezed into 1/3 of the chart.

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
chart buddy is great when you're mobile and want to get a quick, low bandwidth price and supply/demand update. I vote for more updates during volatile periods.

Reactions: soullyG

JimboToronto

Oct 2, 2015
Good morning Bitcoinland.

Nice weekend with lots of action. Will we go sideways for a while or keep going up when China wakes up?

JimboToronto

Oct 2, 2015
LOL @ green priapism.

Someone at the other forum was asking why China was buying so much.

We've all heard about China's attempts to stem the flight of capital out of the country. This is a dandy real-life example.

JayJuanGee

Sep 29, 2015
We're now about as high as we've been in the last two years. Incidentally, this price is where the bounce off the crash down from 1200 failed to get any higher and sent us into a multi-year slump. Interesting times, in other words.

Yep.. .

In other words, we are at a previous resistance point from two years ago.... And, yeah, bitcoin is fairly unpredictable, so we cannot really know for sure whether a fight is going to ensue somewhere in this price arena...

By the way, over the weekend, the volume was not really very high, until about the past 24 hours, going from upper $600s to $725 and back again.... I doubt that the 24 hour increase in volume is a unambiguous signal about a battle occurring here, in this price arena.

We are going to have to see. Personally, based on the price movements of the past few weeks and how they unfolded, I am kind of thinking that if we are going to get a price battle, such a price battle is going to take place in the upper $700s and possibly into the lower $800s. If we don't get a price battle at that point, then we may as well hang onto our britches because we are going on a price rocket that should take us to at least $3k... but what the fuck do I know? :LOL::LOL:

hyphymikey

Sep 29, 2015
I can't believe you Bitcoin Gentleman are just going to sit around and let Ether steal the spotlight even though BTC is on the rise.

I guess nobody has the balls to short even though the DAO could dump their ETH at any moment.

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
@hyphymikey
Nice to see you here.

I assure you that the Bitcoin Gentlemen (is that like the League of Gentlemen?) are here because we can see where the Borgstream-Thermos-Dipshits clown-car brigade is headed. And we don't like it and are doing what we can to salvage the situation. The tragedy is that the aforesaid clown-car brigade are capable of rationalizing away any disaster to the point where even if Bitcoin goes to zero they will say "It was always broken and what happened has nothing to do with ETH"

Erdogan

Aug 30, 2015
An avalanche of transactions just came in to the mempool, according to tradeblock. 23k. Takes a few blocks to chew it up.