Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
I love ChartBuddy. The reason for the request to tweak the frequency was because he was starting to dominate the thread--we don't get human posts every 3 hours (or even every 6 hours sometimes). So it ends up looking like a bot thread, which looks a little unfriendly to humans. Not sure what a good solution would be (I assumed Richy could just set the frequency to whatever he wanted, but I guess he can't).

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
@Bloomie I think its primarily the "block's full" graphics which give a complete story with three 1-hour buckets per 3-hour post which makes it more problematic to alter the frequency,

BTC is at historic low volatility. I imagine that once the next move kicks off there will be loads of feedback and interest in this thread. Would be nice to have CB back for June/July as there just has to be some fireworks over the halving and ridiculously inadequate tx throughput capacity for everyone except the most brainwashed Gregonomics fanbois.

Reactions: AdrianX

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Here's an interesting of batch of trades.

Local Bitcoin spike befor a sell off and the average reflects a chart that would be interpreted as bullish to me but bearish when you zoom in.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
I love ChartBuddy. The reason for the request to tweak the frequency was because he was starting to dominate the thread--we don't get human posts every 3 hours (or even every 6 hours sometimes). So it ends up looking like a bot thread, which looks a little unfriendly to humans. Not sure what a good solution would be (I assumed Richy could just set the frequency to whatever he wanted, but I guess he can't).
@Bloomie as a user I don't think it's unfriendly, the spree of human interactions started not because the bots absence made it more friendly but because we miss him.

Sometimes it's boring and the real nice thing about bots is they don't care they are objective. I felt the 3hr interval was a good compromise from the old wall observer.

Its all about page visits and i don't think they go down I visit just to check chart budy.

Reactions: soullyG

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
I just glance into this thread occasionally, but why not have a separate thread for the bot - anyone can check up there and discuss here... ?

hedgewizard

Mar 14, 2016
Hodl the door! Hodl the door! don't give up china!

Edit: seeing as CB is back, if the data is available, wouldn't a Chinese wall be relevant? the fourth wall

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
I don't really follow the Chinese exchanges but if their APIs are similar to the others, I don't see why not.

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
OK, that appears to be working. Now, are people interested enough in older data to be interested in an archive thread (or maybe something off-site?)

Reactions: soullyG

JayJuanGee

Sep 29, 2015
Up 40% from ChartBuddy's last static post.

Though oddly, the size in MB is not that much bigger. I would think that indicates that there previously were a lot of large transactions stuck and now we are starting to see more of the smaller transactions pile up.

Richy_T,

I will admit that I don't really understand aspects of Chartbuddy; however when CB is posting with preserved posts, it does seems to be capturing some historical snapshots that are not so easily viewed in other locations (not with such visuality)..

I understand that you have been opposed to returning CB to the original WO thread... but would it be a bad idea to just create a chartbuddy thread here on this forum, just like someone else had suggested earlier?

Accordingly, the whole premise of the newly created thread would be that it is a chartbuddy thread at maybe 3 hour increments or some other convenient timeframes that seems to work for the thread. Accordingly, if the thread has that premise disclosed, then members could chime in that thread if they want, but they would already be on full notice that the thread is primarily for CB postings..

Probably, members would still participate in such a thread and admin would be o.k. with such a thread because you already set up the thread with full disclosures as a CB thread? would that fly with admin, or otherwise be acceptable?

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
I understand that you have been opposed to returning CB to the original WO thread... but would it be a bad idea to just create a chartbuddy thread here on this forum, just like someone else had suggested earlier?
I think that some else was me :)

I can give it a go. I don't think Bloomie objected to the suggestion. If that doesn't go, I'll try something else. I could probably host it myself but don't have the wherewithal to run a full forum and I think it's important to interleave discussion with the charts.

Coming up with a decentralized forum would be the ideal. Not just for Chartbuddy but just as a general idea. I'm not quite sure what that would look like though.