Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@Zarathustra

i miss my Monero pimps; kazuki, iCE, smooth, rpietila, etc.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Off topic: does anyone know how to get in contact with DeathAndTaxes? I've always PM'd with him on BitcoinTalk but I'm not sure he checks that anymore.
@Peter R someone by that name longed in to cryptocrypt.net today, (they have been a member there as long as I have so no reason to believe its not the same username from bitcointalk.

PM me if you would like to send a PM on your behalf.

Reactions: Peter R

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
This is worthy of inclusion in the thread. I'm looking forward to the economic majority determining the outcome, not gavel-bangers on dev IRC.

“We will upgrade regardless of whether Bitcoin Core is updated,” Armstrong said. “Capacity planning is something you should try to get ahead of. Growth can be unpredictable, and I want to remove all blockers to Bitcoin's success. I've been disappointed to see how slow Bitcoin Core has moved on this issue, and we're open to switching forks.”

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@solex

yeah, the language Armstrong uses throughout this article is damning to Blockstream core dev. he has the experience, credibility, proper demeanor, and financial incentive that will help drive the economic majority (free mkt) interest forward. BS's days are numbered.

rocks

Sep 24, 2015
This is worthy of inclusion in the thread. I'm looking forward to the economic majority determining the outcome, not gavel-bangers on dev IRC.

“We will upgrade regardless of whether Bitcoin Core is updated,” Armstrong said. “Capacity planning is something you should try to get ahead of. Growth can be unpredictable, and I want to remove all blockers to Bitcoin's success. I've been disappointed to see how slow Bitcoin Core has moved on this issue, and we're open to switching forks.”
Question, who is more important and knowledgeable regarding bitcoin? Someone who founded a successful business, raised huge money, gained millions of users, navigated a complicated regulatory environment and significantly grown the ecosystem? Or a few otherwise un-notable programmers who latched onto a github project and have made a small number of code edits to an already working system?

The BS crew may have been able to push around small reddit communities and feel big as a result, but I think they are going to find out just how important they are compared to larger players in the ecosystem who all want larger blocks.
[doublepost=1446592372][/doublepost]
@Zarathustra

i miss my Monero pimps; kazuki, iCE, smooth, rpietila, etc.
rpitila is still pushing it. He is still on bitcointalk telling people "you can have the equivalent of 10K BTC today, just sell your bitcoin and buy Monero." But no one seems to be listening.

I still maintain the "in the protocol" aspect of mixing coins was just marketing nonsense and unmeaningful from a technical perspective, you can easily layer such functionality on top of Bitcoin if you want.

That and network effects usually trump all.

Reactions: majamalu

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
@Justus Ranvier

Couldn't agree more, nearly all their bitcoin articles are low on knowledge,subject, facts, and high on speculation.

Nevertheless its a big newish audience, gold bugs with and an almost pathological distrust of 'the current financial system'. Plus the narrative seems to be on the nose, sound money, ignoring capital control and private wealth protection.

My guess, one or two of their authors have finally got the bitcoin bug in the last year and changed their spin. Its been along time coming.

Reactions: cypherdoc

Inca

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
I can't help but feel a little misplaced nostalgia with regard to ZeroHedge since it was there I first read about bitcoin in 2012/3. Without them I would never have discovered the bug. Better to not speak about the comments under any bitcoin articles :)

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
Joke of the year???

Interesting the timing of this recent run up with the last of the silk road coins going on auction. All of this on 'Guy Fawkes night, V for Vendetta... anonymous masks ....

A bizarre coincidence or prank of the year?

One things for sure, some last minute bids WILL be going in, and there's a good chance some people will be getting very cheap coins.

Justus Ranvier

Aug 28, 2015
Remember how Mark Karpeles tried to blame his inability to process bitcoin withdrawals on transaction malleability instead of his insolvency?

Probably the next exchange to go bust will blame full blocks/stress tests.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
it wont be a stress test, it will just be users withdrawing bitcoin - or transactions stuck in limbo with insufficient fees.

mmm... sounds like: a situation by design to make the development work undertaken appreciated.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015

Reactions: bitsko

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
@cypherdoc
From the same thread
RedditIsHeroin
just pay 0.2 mBTC and you'll be fine
ProHashing*

Thanks for the suggestion. But that 0.2mBtc is per KB. Our transactions are very large:
https://blockchain.info/tx/115fae014a57d143a7049314be71070923d6d9769bd973d8bc786115e517436d
is one of them. With that transaction, we already paid 0.4mBTC - or 20 cents, just for one of them. We can't stay in business if fees go up too high. Mining is such a low-margin business that customers are going to bolt if we raise fees, which is what we're going to have to do in a few days if the crash doesn't happen soon.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@lunarboy

This is why we can't trust them to come up with a decent solution, let alone a compromise. I know how these guys think. Why do you think there is absolutely no discussion going on in the mailing lists or channels? Its because they plan on introducing some half measure in December that will take a few years to implement so as to give them time to dev LN. I don't even think SC's will every be an issue given what happened with Onename.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.