Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
oh yes, nice dump in the last 5 min of the $DJI.

next week should get real interesting. DXD looking good.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Huobi's over the top of it's 7/12/15 high:

Reactions: bitsko

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
@molecular

Great point, only BTC which are native to the blockchain protocol are truly a settlement-free asset.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
The Bitcoin network just hit five hundred million billion hashes per second.

Screw Maxwell who continues to spread disinformation about centralization in mining.

Reactions: AdrianX

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
As price expands more hashing power comes online from a diversity of sources. And so it will be if we get more TX's per second.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
It makes sense.

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
IDK about Cypherdoc's ideas around mining centralization. However, right now I believe that it is driven by reliable access to premium hardware. As some early ASIC mfgs proved, if you can get your hands on these ASICs you might as well mine with them rather then sell them. However, AFAIK the mining ASIC industry is basically at the state-of-the-art with this release so subsequent generations will track the 2-3 year at best ASIC process improvement cycle.

Without the centralization force of unreliable access to hardware, I think that large mining farms will start to find it difficult to compete against incidental miners (like hobbyists) because these miners will more efficiently use byproducts (heat), will not be expensing their time or internet (or even better deducting it on their taxes as a home business expense), and do not need to pay for location, monitoring and security. This means that dedicated solutions will only be competitive based on electricity cost.

However, where I live you can sell solar back into the grid for 4c per kwatt*hour, and I have very expensive energy on the buying side. The spread is pretty huge right now. So mining can be used to consume excess solar energy at a very low energy cost.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

Reactions: bitsko

sickpig

Aug 28, 2015
IMHO, another priceless quote:

Johnny Dilley https://blockstream.com/2015/11/02/liquid-recap-and-faq/ said:
Blockstream has not taken a position on the block size debate, but rather adheres to Bitcoin’s consensus process. Many members of our team participate as independent contributors to Bitcoin development, but i f you’ve been following the discussion, you know even the team here doesn’t always agree with each other.
(emph is mine)

edit: fix format

Last edited:

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
boom! on Huobi makes me wonder what its going to be like at 9am china

EDIT: we're going vertical. When do the shorts close?

Last edited: