Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

pekatete

Jun 1, 2016
London, England
icreateofx.com
@VeritasSapere - And in a similar vein (though I am not American), having followed the campaigns through mainstream media, last night I heard the most compelling reason why Americans inclined to vote in this election may have to vote for Trump rather than Hilary, and that was: If you vote on the basis of the lesser of the two evils, vote Trump if only because he'll be in the white house for only 4 years, however vote for Hilary and she'll be there for 8 years.

albin

Nov 8, 2015
My personal single-issue litmus test is ending the war on drugs when it comes to national politics. Ever since turning 18 as a result I've ended up a yellow-dog Libertarian on all national ballots (only exception was Ron Paul as a Republican in the 2008 New Jersey primary). I'm not actually into any drugs, but it's basically a gateway issue to all the other policy positions that I also agree with. That being the case, I feel morally obligated to vote Gary Johnson regardless of the consequences. I'm not in love w/ Johnson but the only way anything is going to get better is if people actually vote for the person they agree the most with.

VeritasSapere

Nov 16, 2015
@albin I completely agree, it is best if people vote according to their conscience, that way I think democracy can function to an extend, unlike what we are mostly seeing today, democracy requires a certain type of society which can be well informed and vote according to their true rationally obtained believes.

I have voted for minor parties that most people have never heard of since I was 18 as well, if more people did that democracy would function a lot better.

molecular

Aug 31, 2015
organofcorti is being cited (a graph about extimated miner count) in a paper about bitcoin/blockchain just released by the "bitkom", a very sizable german lobby group in the area of information technology / new media.

https://www.bitkom.org/noindex/Publikationen/2016/Leitfaden/Blockchain/161104-LF-Blockchain-final.pdf

(sorry, it's in german)

The piece runs with the old adage "it's the blockchain, not bitcoin". But at least they recognize that's not everyones opinion and they even reference Christoph Bergmann's article questioning the narrative: https://bitcoinblog.de/2014/11/17/es-ist-die-blockchain-nicht-der-bitcoin-wirklich/

Last edited:

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
We are moving ahead on a number of fronts. Well, move ahead somewhat faster if the BU membership supports the initiatives now up for vote:

### VOTING is OPEN for BUIPs 23,33,34,35 & 36 ###
https://bitco.in/forum/threads/voting-is-open-for-buips-23-33-34-35-36.1572/

Proposals include
  • revamping the website to make it more professional and helpful
  • funding for outreach to Bitcoin ecosystem companies and miners
  • new membership applications
  • new block validation in parallel to permanently fix the problem of SIGOPS scaling overhead
  • and improvements to mining software (to attract more and MOAR hash-rate :)
If you are a BU member then we appreciate your continued support!

Last edited:

Justus Ranvier

Aug 28, 2015
Candidate A:

• Started unjustified wars which destabilised an entire region and lead to the African rape invasion of Europe
  • Closely involved with global paedophile network
  • Campaign funded by state sponsors of terrorism

Candidate B:

• Built hotels
  • Said some mean things
Moral equivalence in the modern era.

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
hillary clinton started a war?

Trump is cool,
Trump can BS his way out answering tough questions.
Trump is fun,
Trump wants to build a wall!
Trump is ridickulous
Trump is an asshole
Trump has no shame.
Trump IS an american

IMO the best reason to elect him would be on the basis that he REPRESENTS americans best.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
My personal single-issue litmus test is ending the war on drugs when it comes to national politics. Ever since turning 18 as a result I've ended up a yellow-dog Libertarian on all national ballots (only exception was Ron Paul as a Republican in the 2008 New Jersey primary). I'm not actually into any drugs, but it's basically a gateway issue to all the other policy positions that I also agree with. That being the case, I feel morally obligated to vote Gary Johnson regardless of the consequences. I'm not in love w/ Johnson but the only way anything is going to get better is if people actually vote for the person they agree the most with.
Going to the polling station and spoiling ones vote is an option. If there was an 80% voter turnout and 50% of voters did this, the winner in the election would know they don't have the people's vote.

This is how lots of South Africans voted to get rid of the apartheid government.

Here in Canada, at least for some elections we use electronic voting machines and to my surprise they won't let you spoil your vote.

I was told by a kid that I wasn't allowed to vote for all candidates and to get another ballad and try again. So much for voter privacy in the West.

Last edited:
Reactions: xhiggy and bluemoon

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016

this speech is epic. 7:39 mins in

ok i did a bit of research, watched a few youtube videos. :p
and now i understand Hillary is a stone cold Bitch / pathological liar
and trump is .... hmmm trumppy?

can't wait to see who the next leader of US is.

Last edited:

jonny1000

Nov 11, 2015
Please can I ask a question about BU? I am asking as I have asked multiple people and the consensus appears different from my understanding. I know I am not liked here, however hearing critical questions about BU is important. It is vital to be open to skeptics otherwise BU will not be robust.

Please consider the following scenario:

1. You run a BU node with AD = 4 and EB = 1MB

2. A 1.1MB block is mined

3. This 1.1MB block then receives three additional confirmations and now has a 4 block lead over the chain with blocks less than 1.1MB

4. Shortly after the 4 block lead is taken, a miner extends the smaller block chain by one block

What happens next:

A: The BU node now switches to the shorter block chain, since AD is 4 and the larger block chain now only has a 3 block lead. This mean one block in a shorter chain has just orphaned four blocks in a longer chain. (This is my understanding of how it actually works)

B: Since the larger block chain had a 4 block lead in the past, the node remembers this and does not build on the smaller block chain, therefore the node continues to build on the larger block chain until the smaller block chain actually retakes the lead

I have some follow up questions on B, however if its not true I won’t waste peoples times mentioning the flaws with it. Please can you confirm that with BU:

One block on a shorter chain can orphan multiple blocks on a longer chain

Does this seem like a good idea?

Mengerian

Staff member
Aug 29, 2015
What happens next:

A: The BU node now switches to the shorter block chain, since AD is 4 and the larger block chain now only has a 3 block lead. This mean one block in a shorter chain has just orphaned four blocks in a longer chain. (This is my understanding of how it actually works)

B: Since the larger block chain had a 4 block lead in the past, the node remembers this and does not build on the smaller block chain, therefore the node continues to build on the larger block chain until the smaller block chain actually retakes the lead
It does B.

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
I wonder if the simple problem is that Reddit is fully compromised? Maybe the real solution here is to migrate all bitcoin conversation onto a fully decentralised discussion platform?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-06/heres-what-happened-when-hillary-supporting-mit-professor-decided-analyze-her-emails
TL;DR;

Cesar Hidalgo says hillary's email were mostly about what choice of language to use.
Then Cesar Hidalgo suggests that the political system we have today ( derived from antiquity ) doesn't scale, but he offers no solution.
Tyler Durden tho ( the author of the news piece ) suggests decentralization of the system to many local level governments.

my comments:

first off Cesar Hidalgo doesn't seem to realize it but hes kinda hitting on one of trump's main selling points. "The system is corrupt", "The media is corrupt" etc etc.

poeple aren't voting for trump because they think hes the smartest.... people are voting for him because they think he's not going to let any political BS get in the way of getting the job done.

but, how about we simply have NO government and decentralized decision / law making Completely. how do we pass new laws? poeple that are interested in voting for or against this decision / laws vote on them by signing a message and recording it on a blockchain. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

i want to see a DAG

Decentralized Autonomous Government.

Last edited:
Reactions: VeritasSapere