Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Iirc, Lombrozzo has used a nick with Cobra in it before.
[doublepost=1467467729,1467467052][/doublepost]Somehow I was lead to believe that "coders" were going to representa new improved form of idealistic staunch libertarian who emphasized free spirits, free thinking, free speech, and free markets. They were supposed to represent a higher form of intelligenc. They were supposed to represent Silicon Valley replacing Wall Street. As well as the young millennial taking back their futures froma corrupt boomer generation.

Seems like i was naive. Some of the best coders have turned out to be the worst forms of authoritarans/totaliItalians I have ever seen. Actually i still have hope. But the kore dev idiots have
definitely list my support. Too bad cuz they could've used my money.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
More like money corrupts.or one could claim theyre one and the same.

Reactions: Norway and AdrianX

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
What have I tried to redefine?
The Release of the Isolated Verification.

(I am making fun of Google's Chinese to English translation of this 8btc.com post, even though it's rather impressive).

Ok, that's my opinion, but I stand by it. And last I was able to check, 78% of people agreed with the view that SegWit has NOT been released.

That number will hopefully increase because SurveyMonkey limits me to see only the result based on first 100 responses, and so that percentage was the last I saw. Now there are already 120 respondents.

So maybe you would be willing to consider that your interpretation of "release" does not match the public's perception of reality?

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Cue "one could claim they're one and the same".

Who'd want to bribe you if you did not have any power (and for what)? Power, and not money, is the root of all that is evil (and paradoxically good)!

Reactions: AdrianX

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
Let's do this in Bitcoin Unlimited!
I really like this line of thinking. As a personal preference i'd love to see Unlimited focus on UX - functionality and design with the main goals of empowering the Node - Slicker, Faster, Stronger.

Somehow I was lead to believe that "coders" were going to represent a new improved form of idealistic staunch libertarian who emphasized free spirits, free thinking, free speech, and free markets.
From a certain perspective Coding is really just the translation of philosophy, ideas and ideals transposed into a machine readable format. In other words if you don't understand Why other people do what they do, you can never really write good code to help them do it better.

A computer scientist's wife asks him, "would you pick up a loaf of bread at the store, and if they have eggs get a dozen?"

He gets home, throws 13 loaves of bread on the counter, and says "they had eggs".

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
@rezzme

Sorry no. Although I have been meaning to go through that presentation and grab a few quotes.

@pekatete

don't forget the one he was asked to buy in the first place ;-)

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
One could argue that the power they have, to the extent you actually believe they do have power currently , was only enabled by the money ($76M) that allowed them to aggregate ~10 kore devs under one roof under the whip of a natural dictator like nullc.

Things worked reasonably well before that.

Who'd want to bribe you if you did not have any power (and for what)? Power, and not money, is the root of all that is evil (and paradoxically good)!
[doublepost=1467474067][/doublepost]You would make a great kore dev :LOL:

One'd forgive her if she hit the roof, after-all she said a dozen if they have eggs, not 13!

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
This article gives quite a good perspective of silicon valley ideals 'vs big money government.

https://news.bitcoin.com/circle-luxembourg-clash-blockchain/

Circle’s Jeremy Allaire and Luxembourg Finance Minister Pierre Gramegna

“I think we’re really close… as more and more companies… connect to the Bitcoin blockchain to make the movement of value work the way the internet works,” Allaire said
Gramegna
“If payments can be transferred for free… what does that mean for financial institutions?” he asked in response to Allaire’s assertion that free movement of value would occur globally within five years. “As a country… I worry what is going to happen to them.” "If all these things become commodities, meaning they’re coming for free … many commodities are utilities … and do not come for free … somewhere in the chain, someone will have to pay for it."
It seems Big money government and Blockstream have aligned incentives. Desperately seeking a way to siphon off fees from the transaction market.

Dear Big money and Governments ... if this is what you want, please start mining. (y)

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
So its up to us to take that power away from them and return it to the community. And maybe their money too. But only metaphorically, as that $76M is essentially a short that Bitcoin can't scale.

Inca

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
Logged in during my week on call to say that the attempts to 'correct' the white paper by the usual suspects are nothing short of disgraceful.

Time for the ecosystem to move away from these toxic people once and for all. This is the line that cannot be crossed.