Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Yep, I'd be perfectly happy seeing it die as I've been exasperated wondering how they could support /tolerate theymos and his censorship. Truly a bizarre state of affairs.

Reddit is fast on its way to becoming the next obsolete discussion forum.

Not only did they not take care of their warrant canary properly and it died, but recently their CEO announced they'll be milking their user data for all they can, based on your "dark secrets" that they think they know.

https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/4lmfmj/ceo_of_reddit_steve_huffman_about_advertising_on/

It looks to me like they were truly fucked by the surveillance state, and have decided to wear this proudly by fully converting to a sell-your-users-out model, like Facebook. Either that or their management is truly retarded.

I was always suspicious by the large amount of troll posts on the site which were clearly luring people into divulging some things about their private lives that should not be public information. People fall for this because it feels good to be telling someone else things you normally couldn't, if you believe you're anonymous.

So when it comes to admin protection/goodwill you receive on that site, you should lower your expectations to zero.

Reactions: majamalu and Norway

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@AdrianX
Yes, wouldn't be surprised if mr444 had a finger in this too. I'm not sure anymore that the pic I had of him is the real person. If you look at the facebook-page connected to him, he had one post in 2010, one post in 2011 and a lot of posts from november 2015 (just scroll down the timeline to verify). To me, it looks like a harvested account that was put in use november last year. The company he is connected to, could mabybe solve the mystrery.

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/alexandre.bergeron.9237

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@Norway

No! You mean that pic you posted yesterday of some weirdo was actually him? brg444? Lol!

Reactions: JVWVU and Norway

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@cypherdoc
No, I mean the whole profile (Facebook, LinkedIn, Github, Reddit etc.) could be fake. That's why it might not be a good idea to make a meme with the pic ;)

Reactions: bluemoon

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
It would be cool if a bigblocker in Québec knocked the door at Soluvox and asked around, though...

albin

Nov 8, 2015
If reddit is so fragile that you can't have people linking and participating across different subreddits, then doesn't that suggest that something about the reddit model is horribly broken? That's the most counterintuitive thing imaginable to anybody familiar with how the web works in the first place. It's a weird kind of mission creep that turns a way of organizing/categorizing posts into a set of two-bit fiefdoms.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@Peter R
Yes, they are getting desperate, lol! Thanks again for that work!

EDIT: And I liked @cypherdoc comment to Greg (Can't upvote on reddit, so I just have to do it here.)
EDIT2: The only comment he answers...
EDIT3: Could be doxing in his answer. But I think it's better if he is not banned.

Last edited:
Reactions: steffen

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@JVWVU
I don't think I doxed the person or persons behind brg444. I think the Facebook profile is faked! (One wall comment in 2010, one in 2011. Then nothing for five years, by a guy who is social media expert according to his deleted LinkedIn profile). Then a lot of posts from november 2015. My spider senses tell me it's a fake, farmed Facebook-account, possibly bought by anti bitcoin interests.

EDIT: Somebody local in Québec should knock on the company door at Soluvex and find out more. I can do it, if somebody fund me to do it ;)

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Bitcoin continuing to climb:

meanwhile Eth resuming the drop:

[doublepost=1464832137,1464831295][/doublepost]Chinese exchanges reversing back up:

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
One short tech question: Is it/how is it possible to sign a transaction with a Trezor on an offline windows computer, transfer the signed transaction on a memory stick to an online computer and broadcast the transaction?

KarmaKameleon

Mar 25, 2016
The excellent horse moves before the whip even touches its back.
- Samyuktagama Sutra, volume 33

What you wish upon others, you wish upon yourself.
- The Golden Rule (appropriate for this thread), also applicable to de-anonymizing of others, hence I encourage you to have more restraint than a chameleon.

Reactions: xhiggy