Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
[doublepost=1455663845,1455663179][/doublepost][doublepost=1455664738][/doublepost]lol @bitsko:

bitsko[2:42 PM]"I am the gadfly of the bitcoin core people, given to them by spare time, and they will never have another, if they ban me. And now, bitcoiners, I am not going to argue for my own sake, as you may think, but for yours, that you may not sin against the blockchain by condemning me, who am its gift to you. For if you ban me you will not easily find a successor to me, who, if I may use such a ludicrous figure of speech, am a sort of gadfly, given to core by bitcoin; and the blockchain is a great and noble steed who is tardy in its motions owing to its very size, and requires to be scaled into life. I am that gadfly which bitcoin has attached to the core, and all day long and in all places am always fastening upon you, arousing and persuading and reproaching you. You will not easily find another like me, and therefore I would advise you to spare me."(edited)

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
price starting to elevate.

The March of The Ants!
[doublepost=1455667647][/doublepost]everybody needs to pile on by starting Classic nodes!

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
I wonder how much hash power from Antpool is Classic. I hope every 4th block is Classic from now...

Reactions: majamalu

rocks

Sep 24, 2015
This is huge.

/r/bitcoin is censoring all posts on this, but the problem for thermos is that bitcoin is censorship resistant.

I remained deeply disturbed that we even had this fight at this stage, but if we successfully get through it I can not think of a better demonstration of Bitcoin's ability to break away from centralized control and successfully follow the interests of the free market. Miners are incentivized to grow fees and users want the system to scale, as long as these two market forces continue to function bitcoin will grow.

rocks

Sep 24, 2015
Is it sad that I am sat refreshing block chain.info every 30secs to check new block version numbers
[doublepost=1455669561][/doublepost]25mins. Killing me!
How much confidence should there be in the attribution to AntPool? Is it possible another P2P miner found the block but it was propogated to and through an AntPool IP address? Or with the relay network is there 100% confidence attribution to major pools?

If it is definitely AntPool, but they only issue a few Classic blocks then I wonder how that should be interpreted. One possibility is it is a warning shot to Core to take the 3 week deadline seriously.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@rocks

it came from them. everything lines up.
[doublepost=1455671844,1455670888][/doublepost]don't forget this one guys. that's a big move in anticipation of something good. we may have just gotten our answer why:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
ooh, hot & heavy, baby. like i like it:

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
What a wazzock. I suspect most of the core developers are hard working chaps with a love of Bitcoin (like the rest of us). Once this Blockstream-led divisiveness has ended, I'm sure they'll want to continue working on what they love. There's a few I hope leave in disgrace but I'm sure their egos are too big for that.

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
@cypherdoc
One day, there will be a documentary explaining what really happened with Core & Blockstream. But don't buy the popcorn yet. It could take years.
Hmm. Just watched "The Revenant" and I am thinking that a Core & Blockstream documentary will be a complete yawn unless they can spice it up by throwing in a bear-mauling.

It works! Because BS will be showing serious claw marks for years to come.

@Melbustus
I had a recent reddit conversation with Adam about that tweet where he said that he has not changed his mind on the 2MB HF, but claimed SF segwit is "safer" & "quicker"
I have just searched and this conversation has disappeared from reddit.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Antpool's Classic block makes the 2wk remaining period for core dev to get a 2MB HF going according to Bitfury's Roundtable much more of a hard date.