Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

VeritasSapere

Nov 16, 2015
@Norway Those videos are really going to help people understand bitcoin better. Like it was not already confusing enough for new people right. That was hilarious laughed my ass off, good stuff. :)

Reactions: Norway

Matthew Light

Dec 25, 2015
The fork is dead, the miners have stabbed it in the back, XT all over again.

Every word that Mike Hearn wrote in January is true and coming to pass again with the piteous kissing of the ring by the miners in the Bitcoin Round Table letter.

Those interested in a peer-to-peer electronic cash system instead of a slow, expensive settlement network, time to look elsewhere and move on...

bluemoon

Jan 15, 2016
There is a lot of FUD about. Many BTC hodlers are selling all or part of their hodlings for alts.

Will there be a fork? I guess so: it is clear the miners want a fork to 2MB and hope Core will offer it to them. So there is delay while the penny drops.

Meanwhile despite all the exchanging of BTC for alts the BTC price holds steady, which suggests the alt sellers are BTC hodlers.

Reactions: solex and Norway

yrral86

Sep 4, 2015
Why not make the hard fork a clean fork? At the activation block, add a version field to the transaction format. Those who want the new fork will have upgraded and can reject the old format. In this way, we cleanly separate the two sets of coins and ensure the market can play its role in consolidating the masses on the best chain for their usage. Everyone will easily be able to spend or sell their coins on both chains. Add in futures markets and by the time it happens the price transition should be smooth.

albin

Nov 8, 2015
This is a totally unsubstantiated preliminary hunch, inspired tangentially by something that /u/ydtm said on /r/btc. I haven't had a chance yet to dig into the research as far as lining up dates, but is it possible that relaxing the soft limit has historically been predictive of price rallying?

VeritasSapere

Nov 16, 2015
The fork is dead, the miners have stabbed it in the back, XT all over again.

Every word that Mike Hearn wrote in January is true and coming to pass again with the piteous kissing of the ring by the miners in the Bitcoin Round Table letter.

Those interested in a peer-to-peer electronic cash system instead of a slow, expensive settlement network, time to look elsewhere and move on...
I think you might have to much of a negative outlook. There is progress, Core has never had such a low node count. And the miners are demanding a two megabyte blocksize, they have even explicitly stated that their patience with Core will run out in three weeks. We have never come this close certainly not during the XT days, it is fortunate that the transaction volume has not reached its limit yet, since if that did happen it would cause much more damage, unfortunately I suspect that this existential crisis might have already thwarted the growth of Bitcoin. However there are still many reasons for us to still have much hope for Bitcoin, I think our theories are correct and the truth will reign supreme, it is just a matter of time. :)

Aquent

Aug 19, 2015

I'm far too busy, but an analysis between tx volume and price relationship, especially since full blocks around autum/winter, together with a report of the results would probably be very worthy data to have in this debate.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
sometimes everything just seems to come together:

Reactions: majamalu

yrral86

Sep 4, 2015
So with a swing high on the Dow and transports outpacing DJIA for the past week, are we looking at a short-medium term bottom in stocks?

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Reactions: AdrianX

Inca

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
Interesting reading from Meni Rosenfeld about how we will bridge the gap between a transaction ceiling enforced by a maximum blocksize and falling miner revenue as the block reward slips away.

Not an approach I think will do anything other than make bitcoin extremely unpopular. He seems like a reasonable chap nonetheless. But none of these Core supporters have even thought ahead far enough to hypothesise how transaction fees will keep the network running. Whether that is because they are chasing short term VC money and deliberately fail to see the bigger picture I am not sure.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@Inca

Meni doesn't even begin to think about the value of the network as it relates to Hodlers.

besides that, 0.1% would be a central planning effort all over again. as we discussed many times before, ultimately, the BU strategy is what we should move towards with miners negotiating with users the minimum fees required.
[doublepost=1455470622][/doublepost]
So with a swing high on the Dow and transports outpacing DJIA for the past week, are we looking at a short-medium term bottom in stocks?
question doesn't make sense.

are you the yrral that i've met and subbed to my newsletter years ago?

yrral86

Sep 4, 2015
I am... What part doesn't make sense? DTJ was much stronger than DJIA all last week. It's the root of dow theory that transports lead?

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
You said swing high. You meant swing low.

But you got the general gist.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
I am... What part doesn't make sense? DTJ was much stronger than DJIA all last week. It's the root of dow theory that transports lead?
they tend to move together; not that the $DJT always leads.
[doublepost=1455475570][/doublepost]great bet. i'm with Brian:

Members online