Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

albin

Nov 8, 2015
This development makes perfect sense strategically. We have no idea what big miners / pools really want in their heart of hearts, except for whatever we can judge as probably being in their self-interest. The correct move is to play both teams against each other up until the point where investor confidence is about to start gettng rocked by the system becoming dysfunctional, in order to get the most concession from whichever team you expect to win. Anybody openly opposing Classic right now is likely hedging in order to have more influence should Classic win.

Bagatell

Aug 28, 2015
@awemany I don't do Twitter but why do @btcrountable only have four tweets to their name and why do they publish stuff with the tag @bitcoinroundtable?

bluemoon

Jan 15, 2016
@awemany: Yes, too many people have ignored the stalling for too long. They have left confronting the problem too long and now they do not just avoid confrontation: they are being ingratiating and deferential to Core. I think they are driven by fear of DDoS.

But they are between a rock and a hard place, so they have given Core three weeks as a limit. I can only hope they have the guts to force the issue of a HF after that, but it is high stakes.

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
This development makes perfect sense strategically. We have no idea what big miners / pools really want in their heart of hearts, except for whatever we can judge as probably being in their self-interest. The correct move is to play both teams against each other up until the point where investor confidence is about to start gettng rocked by the system becoming dysfunctional, in order to get the most concession from whichever team you expect to win.
But we are in the zone of damage to investor confidence. It is not easily visible because currently value flows into Altcoins that would instead flow into Bitcoin.

Anybody openly opposing Classic right now is likely hedging in order to have more influence should Classic win.
Hedging how?
[doublepost=1455200069][/doublepost]
@awemany: Yes, too many people have ignored the stalling for too long. They have left confronting the problem too long and now they do not just avoid confrontation: they are being ingratiating and deferential to Core. I think they are driven by fear of DDoS.

But they are between a rock and a hard place, so they have given Core three weeks as a limit. I can only hope they have the guts to force the issue of a HF after that, but it is high stakes.
It is the n-th ultimatum. They become worthless at some point. Also, the HF mechanism is exactly how this should be decided.

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
@awemany I don't do Twitter but why do @btcrountable only have four tweets to their name and why do they publish stuff with the tag @bitcoinroundtable?
I have no clue. But why have they been retweeted by people affiliated with the signing companies. And why has there been no one saying 'I did'nt sign that' yet?
[doublepost=1455200214][/doublepost]@albin: That is indeed a good point. So maybe we have to wait until there is clear loss of value until someone backs off?

It would also mean that Miners will always try to play tricks with us. Maybe that is a calming thought.

Reactions: albin

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
@bluemoon: It is a dangerous scare tactic and I thought they knew they overplayed their hand with Hearn leaving, but apparently they need a figurative kick in the nuts once more. In so far, I can understand @albin's explanation quite well.

I hope, HOPE H O P E that a single miner bigger clearly breaking the spell and just going and saying 'screw it, I'm gonna mine Classic blocks' will start to maybe MAYBE M A Y B E finally get things rolling.

Maybe KnC will do that and suddenly the blocks are at least two-colored on nodecounter.com. We'll see.

Reactions: majamalu

VeritasSapere

Nov 16, 2015
I was never a fan of XT or (I might come out clean right now) Classic either. Just another scenario where the Dev Establishment is in control.
BU on the other hand is still a breeze of fresh air, but it might be too ahead of its time. Everybody in the ecosystem is too ready to hand over all the decisions to a small dev team and if that is not centralization then I don't know what is.
I used to support XT when there where no other alternatives, I like Bitcoin Classic and I love Bitcoin Unlimited. I do think Bitcoin Unlimited is ahead of its time. Bitcoin Classic does still represent the best hope we have for moving forward from this impasse.

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
If @albin is correct and we're not 51% attacked - it is probably best to regard the miners as knowingly fooling us, to butt heads with Core. Best thing is then to do as Gavin said: Keep calm and Bitcoin on.

In that sense, it would maybe also make sense to scare them a bit, too: There's SHA-3, you know...

Reactions: majamalu

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Given the miners perpetual inability to figure this out, I for one can't wait until July comes.

Assuming miners run on thin margins given the competition, at least half of the hashing power is getting setup to get hurt to the tune of 50%decrease in margins .that should focus their minds .the fastest and only way for them to compensate is to put through more tx fees. In that sense, we should see ideally a 50%increase in support of Classic.

Satoshi planned this pretty well.
[doublepost=1455202157][/doublepost]Also, the my latest poll results are pretty important, not to mention striking. I suggest sharing them when you can. They're quite the statement against core philosophy.

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
Also, the my latest poll results are pretty important, not to mention striking. I suggest sharing them when you can. They're quite the statement against core philosophy.
They will say this is an echo chamber (while ignoring the repression on /r/Bitcoin, the similar results in polls on BCT and so forth)

Given the miners perpetual inability to figure this out, I for one can't wait until July comes.
I really want to see at least ONE bigger (>~5%) miner grow the balls to start Classic mining now. I think that will change the picture in so far as others will start to see that it isn't that bad or difficult to do that.
[doublepost=1455202713][/doublepost]If you want to buy lots of BTC (as in LOTS), you create desperation on both sides of this debate and collect the coins falling onto the exchanges.

Is this what is happening here? If so, how long until the people in question are loaded up?

Last edited:

BldSwtTrs

Sep 10, 2015
So Ethereum is still rising. Maybe it will be the stimuli needed by miners to realize their business is very fragile.

Competitive pressure, we need more competitive pressure!

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
What do you guys think is the pain threshold for miners to stop the Diva bullshit? Altcoins = 30% of Bitcoin market cap?

That would IMO be quite dangerous already, as in the 30%, there's inertia that isn't priced in.

bluemoon

Jan 15, 2016
It would be great to see some Classic blocks mined, but the miners are acting like a flock of sheep right now, so it's likely all blocks or none.

I see the pro-Core F2Pool has ramped up their activity to take 38% of the hashrate over the last 24 hours according to blockchain.info. Not sure what their game is.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
crap, same thing happening as it did in 2008. when the stock mkt drops, brokerages stop answering the phone and online trading portals don't work. what a sham fiat finances are.

too bad for them and the fees i would've paid.

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
It would be great to see some Classic blocks mined, but the miners are acting like a flock of sheep right now, so it's likely all blocks or none.
More like a bunch of monkeys. BitFury gave clear support for Classic before, and now turned 180deg. Money involved?

I see the pro-Core F2Pool has ramped up their activity to take 38% of the hashrate over the last 24 hours according to blockchain.info. Not sure what their game is.
They are pro-core.