Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
Wait, so he willingly admits those 2009 commits are not his?
If only that. He willingly and knowingly attributed the commits on github from others to himself.

The physical world equivalent (and I know that the analogy between 'intellectual property' and physical property only goes so far), would be something like:

"Oh, there's a box with jewelery. It say's 'belongs to XYZ' on the top. Who is this XYZ? Where is this XYZ? He's gone. Ok, I better claim them to be mine and put my name on it, before someone else, someone bad does that.'

That is about what is going on here.

"A call for consensus":

https://medium.com/@bitcoinroundtable/a-call-for-consensus-d96d5560d8d6#.8lzx4j87l

signed letter from quite a few of miners, (among all f2pool, bitfury and btcc), that reject Classic and embrace Core. They reject the very concept of using a hardfork as a mechanism to determine community dynamics.
I don't get it.

They hate what the ruling party does, but when a party is build that does exactly what they want, they dismiss it at day 1? They want to be heard by core but try hard to destroy the best instrument to build pressure on core by saying they won't run classic? WTF????

This is really a frustrating day.

r/bitcoin celebrates it and engages in hate to coinbase-ceo, who should shut fuck up since he is no coredev. Everybody who doesn't code should shut the fuck up. As Bitcoin's value only comes from code, not from business and economy.

If classic fails as badly as the "signer" of this letter seem to wish, I see venture capital dry out, the bitcoin economy to stagnate, Gavin and Jeff to leave, Ethereum to overtake bitcoin's value and r/bitcoin celebrating all this as a success.

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
@Bagatell:

Miners who indicated clear support for not only a 2MB HF, but for Classic are contradicting themselves.

I really fail to see now how their statements are worth anything, including this letter.

I somewhat suspect fiat is flowing into miners now. To destroy Bitcoin. If the evidence piles up, I'm out. Not that I have a large amount of BTC left anyways.

Someone should contact the big buys, like btc_loaded, and get a much more aggressive team together to fight this nonsense. They are doing all the tactics they are and they are doing it from a position of 'default power'. Anyone who has large amounts of BTC left should wake the fuck up now.

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
@Bagatell: I would love to think that, too, but there are retweets from various miners linked on reddit.
At least some seem to have signed this monstrosity.
[doublepost=1455192254][/doublepost]KnC could spearhead Classic here now - Switch to classic and see how the market reacts. At least one miner must have some balls left?!
[doublepost=1455192541][/doublepost]Does anyone (maybe you, @cypherdoc?) have contacts still to the earlier whales like Loaded?
I think Bitcoin is in critical condition now.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
If only that. He willingly and knowingly attributed the commits on github from others to himself.

The physical world equivalent (and I know that the analogy between 'intellectual property' and physical property only goes so far), would be something like:

"Oh, there's a box with jewelery. It say's 'belongs to XYZ' on the top. Who is this XYZ? Where is this XYZ? He's gone. Ok, I better claim them to be mine and put my name on it, before someone else, someone bad does that.'

That is about what is going on here.
Its more like intentional fraud on Greg's part. He willingly let it ride until you called him out on this knowing that it would mislead thousands of viewers and help the sale of his credentials. Knowing what we do of his past behavior and willingness to lie about several issues, this was done with intent. The right way to handle it would have been what you suggested: use an anonymous account. Given the way he did do it, he should have plastered public notices everywhere to let everyone know what he was doing so the deception allegation wouldn't come back to him.

Why this guy is ever allowed to remain associated with Bitcoin is beyond me. His lack of ethics extend to Blockstream by association .

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Unfortunately, this gmax issue is getting buried by the stupid round table letter. You need to keep on this to keep it front and center and discussed. This goes to the heart of ethics in the Bitcoin community

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@awemany

You don't have to convince anybody. Just lay out the facts and let people decide. It looks bad.

Reactions: AdrianX and awemany

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
@theZerg: This would be a hidden 51% attack. The rational thing would be to exit Bitcoin in that case.

@cypherdoc: Wanna write something for reddit? Contrasting it with his earlier whining about misattribution (that clearly wasn't) would also help.

Coinbase, Bitpay and whoelse is on our side. WAKE THE FUCK UP. THERE IS NO FAIR PLAY.

@Christoph Bergmann:

I am slowly becoming a Buttcoiner.

I am sincerely hoping for a crashing price now. Sub $100. Because else these people won't wake up.
Yes, me too. Yesterday I postet on the reddits the I think the blocksize wars are over (maybe you read) because with classic we have some balances to build pressure to core - and now it's gone. Now we are back in november.

Reactions: awemany

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Why do you guys think a price crash will help your viewpoint? It won't. Because the core guys will scream even louder that it was your fault and if you'd only implemented SW like they told you then the crash wouldn't have happened.

Dint let a simple unverified letter knock you off course so easily. You're over reacting. Have you forgotten just how far we've come?

sickpig

Aug 28, 2015
@cypherdoc bitfury, btcc and f2pool already confirmed the letter through official twitter account.

nevertheless I'm waiting to see how things will develop in the next 24/48 hs

YarkoL

Dec 18, 2015
Tuusula
yarkol.github.io
I was never a fan of XT or (I might come out clean right now) Classic either. Just another scenario where the Dev Establishment is in control.
BU on the other hand is still a breeze of fresh air, but it might be too ahead of its time. Everybody in the ecosystem is too ready to hand over all the decisions to a small dev team and if that is not centralization then I don't know what is.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@cypherdoc bitfury, btcc and f2pool already confirmed the letter through official twitter account.

nevertheless I'm waiting to see how things will develop in the next 24/48 hs
Twitter links please

Reactions: Peter R