Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

JVWVU

Oct 10, 2015
This is where the fucktards at Core shoot themselves in the foot, in layman terms wtf is going on

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
we're seeing pretty consistently full blocks, yet not a peep out of core dev. do they care about the system at all?

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
@Zarathustra
ungoverned tribes in the rain forest. Zero growth in 10'000 years.
They don't need growth, they don't want growth, they don't produce growth, because they are not forced to.
Perhaps it's the optimist in me, but I like to think humanity has evolved since the days of the jungle,or perhaps reached some level of critical mass. Let's imagine for a moment some future form of utopian anarchy; we've removed all forced government, state, religion and tyranny.
( I know it's a stretch)
Do you see humanity reverting back to the zero growth without trade?

Even If Doc Martin is right. I'd hope, some of us at the very least would be driven for growth and expansion due to the scientific method in exploration for knowledge, meaning and betterment. Altruistic anarchy. This is a huge leap for society which is a reason i'm a big fan of projects like bitcongress - replacing government with a few thousand lines of python code.

enjoyable exchange but we've digressed a little ;)

on topic
it seems as many have long predicted Venezuela could be the first oil state to capitulate some time this year
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-21/venezuela-reckoning-looms-as-barclays-says-time-may-have-run-out

and Oil price slump pushes Russian rouble to a new all-time low RT I suspect bitcoin is looking increasingly like a safe haven for many parts of the world.

Mengerian

Staff member
Aug 29, 2015
Some interesting tidbits of information from BitPay: https://blog.bitpay.com/understanding-bitcoins-growth-in-2015/

Very encouraging to hear of emerging growth in B2B payments. I think this area holds huge potential for Bitcoin's future, as it can potentially solve pain points that many businesses have. But it also requires many developments in areas like integration with accounting systems, invoices, and receipts. There are also huge opportunities to improve supply chain management by incorporating Bitcoin software and cryptographically tying payments to orders and deliveries.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
That theory is nuts.

Reactions: JVWVU

JVWVU

Oct 10, 2015
I love bitcoin but at times I would live to see it drop to $1 a coin for a year or 2 and see which dipshits go off the ledge

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
They're running scared.

Edit: And as things stand, I'm having trouble seeing how Core actually raising the cap themselves isn't the most likely scenario. At this point the choice for Core is

- compromise a fairly trivial amount, to 2MB, *now* and retain most of their market share and at least a nominal degree of influence

- lose a massive amount of power as Classic takes some/most/all of their market share and they end up raising the blocksize cap in a few more weeks to match Classic anyway

I would prefer the latter as that recalcitrance by Core would cause maximum decentralization of development, but I'm pretty sure Core would prefer the former.

Last edited:
Reactions: majamalu

albin

Nov 8, 2015
It's sad that Paul Capestany's comment is now deleted, that was the greatest opportunity I've ever seen to reply with the Neil deGrasse Tyson "badass" meme.

Reactions: Justus Ranvier

Peter R

Aug 28, 2015
@Zangelbert Bingledack

I figured they'd have capitulated by now. I'm no longer sure they will. Maxwell, Friedenbach and Back have dug in their heels--aren't they (at least Greg and Mark) supposed to quit if a block > 1 MB makes it into the Blockchain? For Core to increase to 2 MB, either those three must capitulate, or the Core must crack in half.

Last edited:

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
We here would have expected them to capitulate earlier, but from their perspective - where they still think users won't jump ship because things will actually be fine - their hardlining must not seem nearly as hardline. Also, they could do it without breaking their stance by offering a soft fork to 2MB somehow, or maybe via flexblocks implemented early.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Hmm, the post was deleted.

In any case, there's some circumstantial evidence that @PaulCapestany is /u/eragmus (/r/bitcoin moderator)
that sounds like eragmus
[doublepost=1453441409][/doublepost]
It's sad that Paul Capestany's comment is now deleted, that was the greatest opportunity I've ever seen to reply with the Neil deGrasse Tyson "badass" meme.
single comment? he made a series.