Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

CryptoStar19

Jun 11, 2021
in 4 years the market may have come to appreciate that BTC is a sham-version of bitcoin that lacks the ability to serve the world in any meaningful way, and at best is like a gold standard on crack.

the market may heed the concerns of cost per transaction, it may question the ideological underpinnings of BTC within 4 years, BSV may officially be bitcoin within 4 years, and see 100x while drawing from BTC's share.
Post automatically merged:

I'll still buy some BTC its way down.

It looks like bitcoin.org will need to remove the whitepaper and post a notice to uk residents that it was infringing on the copyright of the bitcoin whitepaper for 6 months

BTC is the only credible version of bitcoin... it is the only bitcoin. In 4 years bitcoin is going to continue the same trend it has followed in the past decade or so.

Bitcoin.org having to remove the white-paper is because of a default judgement against Cobra, because they didn't show up to the court, likely because they want to remain anonymous. This kind of thing won't an impact on the trajectory of bitcoin.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Bitcoin.org having to remove the white-paper is because of a default judgement against Cobra, because they didn't show up to the court,
Cobra, correctly observed that BTC Core is not the Bitcoin described in the Bitcoin whitepaper by Satoshi Nakamoto and propose changing It to reflect BTC Core's mandate, on multiple occasions.

By siding with BTC Core and contributing to the censorship of ideas and discussion about scaling bitcoin as well as assisting in the consolidation of control over the protocol, Cobra inadvertently or intentionally may have abused the authority entrusted to him by Satoshi.

This judgment is nothing more than a step to rectify Cobra's mistakes.

Last edited:
Reactions: bitsko

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015

Segwit isn't bitcoin; but BTC *is* segwit.

Cøbra 2017-05-12 14:05:09
Satoshi is weird, I think a lot of the stuff he said that hints at centralization (nodes being run in data centers) makes sense when you think that he envisioned SPV nodes with fraud proofs

not to put too much weight on cobra using the term satoshi when asking csw a question; in context its sarcasm.

Last edited:

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
LOL, Cobra faced a similar choice to the one CSW was given. classic, I wonder why he chose the way he chose?

Cobra defended his choice not to appear in court, telling CoinDesk via Twitter:

“Unfortunately, the court rules allowed for me to be sued pseudonymously, however, I couldn’t defend myself pseudonymously. So I was put in an impossible situation of losing my privacy or losing the case in a default judgment. It sucks, but there’s nothing more I could have done, really.”

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
LOL, Cobra faced a similar choice to the one CSW was given. classic, I wonder why he chose the way he chose?
Classic and predictable. He doesn't stand for his convictions, because he fears indictments. Okay, a bit cheeky, but the point is that pseudonymity is fine for stage entertainers, writers, and casual discussions, but in serious matters it invites criminality.

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
prepared for more cryptic circlejerk brags by csw?

always.

prepared for my bags to pump or dump?

absolutely.

although ive no clue for the timing of these things anymore. i thought i knew, I dont.

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
CSW is outpacing the Lightning Network in terms of failing to deliver

I don't think this really matters to the crypto space all that much.
Recently I spoke to someone In real life who has tens of thousands in bitcoin since buying the '17 top.

no clue who is csw.

the people who DO know who he is, 99% see him as a fraud

this is because right out of the gate he claimed he would sign block nine and move coin and he absolutely appeared to be a fraud when he failed to keep his word

intentional irrelevance, brags about amassing a portfolio of patents under thus 'fog of war'...

amounts to manipulation; unsure if prosecutable or not, but seems criminal

@Zarathustra in this chess move, what is the other piece to be attacked?

bitcoin.com?

Last edited:

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
@bitsko calling someone a fraud is an allegation. If it's not followed by prosecution, then it's simply whining. Your claim that 99% think he's fraud is simply confabulation. Why haven't those 99% prosecuted or even showed up to court? Talk about failure to perform. Courts are for serious people. They are the documentation of civilization itself. All other proofs are for mathematicians and theorists and other speculators. Please define signing a block that would be admissible in court. It's really hard to take your arguments seriously.

@Zarathustra in this chess move, what is the other piece to be attacked?

bitcoin.com?
Probably something contractual. He seems to be trying to use courts to doxx people like he was doxxed.

Last edited:

trinoxol

Jun 13, 2019
Germany
Due to the legal battle with Craig Wright, Peter McCormack had 500,000 $ in legal costs: https://github.com/bitcoin-dot-org/Bitcoin.org/issues/3698#issuecomment-872510841

I don't know how this can be so expensive but in the UK court system, this seems possible. Cobra had 30,000 $ in cost which is rather amazing as well for a default-judged copyright case.

Whatever you think of the merits of those cases and what those people did, I personally think this is wrong. Especially the McCormack situation is an outsized punishment. This would bankrupt 99% of people. He's lucky because his podcast is raking in 30k$ in profits per month (he publishes the numbers). So he'll work for 1.5 years for nothing now... That's tough.

He of course believes that he will win but I'm 95% certain that he will lose. He can't prove fraud, so it's libel. You can't trash-talk your way out of this in front of a judge.

BldSwtTrs

Sep 10, 2015

He was probably the first who wanted to cap the blocksize at 1Mb. Unfortunately, he succeeded.

I am saddened by his death and not happy about it though.

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
@bitsko calling someone a fraud is an allegation. If it's not followed by prosecution, then it's simply whining. Your claim that 99% think he's fraud is simply confabulation. Why haven't those 99% prosecuted or even showed up to court? Talk about failure to perform. Courts are for serious people. They are the documentation of civilization itself. All other proofs are for mathematicians and theorists and other speculators. Please define signing a block that would be admissible in court. It's really hard to take your arguments seriously.

Probably something contractual. He seems to be trying to use courts to doxx people like he was doxxed.
you dont seem familiar with csw offering to sign block 9 for the world, or the statement he would move coin

im saying it was manipulative, you dont agree?

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
I recall CSW redacting on that commitment. I would see it manipulative for him to continue as if he had fulfilled that commitment.

I'm not sure that signing block 9 for the world in the presence of COPA lawyers, and a judge would convince everyone he is Satoshi. But that moment is fast approaching should it be deemed relevant.

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
yeah, i dont see the relevance to a court; just to the existing internet money userbase.

theres about about 5000 bsver, thats part of the reason why

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in

Those BSV miners are dedicated. Why not mine BTC and buy double the amount of BSV.
I'm going to guess they're not looking a the price. BCH 29% less profitable than BTC, BCH 50% less profitable than BTC, and BCHA (soon to be XEC) is 26% less profitable to mine than BTC. WTF.

The BTC difficulty just fell 27%
The last 102 blocks on this new difficulty have seen an average of 14-minute block times leaving a projected difficulty adjustment drop of another 28% in 16 days.

Does anyone have a theory why most miners have not started mining BTC at the new difficulty given the available profit, and why BSV's difficulty has doubled relative to profit potential?

Reactions: trinoxol