Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
^that just clogs up LN channels, no problems with the mainchain. this looks like a much more serious kind of grief.

[*e: if a funding/cashing out txn gets double spent, the entire network's state ceases to add up. numerology aside, at the very least we have confirmation that accidental double spends are possible (e.g. via something like the route @AdrianX described above). thus the LN is not just a work in perpetual progress, it is fundamentally broken.]

i am amazed how those responding to the take down notice by posting the bitcoin pdf in new places are completely misunderstanding the situation.

Last edited:

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
i remember ian grigg saying somewhere that csw understandably but perhaps regretfully picked the path of revenge. and so he has: not interested in playing nice, building bridges, forgiving and forgetting, or making friends. this means BSV can only be expected to win by being superior tech for an entirely new generation of real end-users. this is reflected in the fact that the Bitcoin Association, nChain, TAAL, and the orbiting startps have been preparing for the long term, mostly ignoring present adoption and the crpyto ecosystem status quo. which can be excused considering the status quo is dominated by a sensationally dumb and unsustainable get-rich-quick mindset.

ps. there is significant distance between square cypto being put on copyright infringement notice, and dorsey being sued. the amount of loose talk is too damn high.

edit: except it seems he does intend to move against dorsey.

Last edited:

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Dorsey or whoever insists on provoking a DMCA court challenge is fucking with the shareholder's investment making a pointless political statement based on disdain for one man.

Reactions: bitsko

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Dorsey or whoever insists on provoking a DMCA court challenge is fucking with the shareholder's investment making a pointless political statement based on disdain for one man.
Two men; CSW & Trump.

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
Defamation and copyright opening moves. Waiting for patent infringement lawsuits and finally iceberg trades.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
i don't think the copyright claims or lawsuits will do anything to the market. the only thing that can is if CSW declares ahead of time that he is going to cash out, give or take, $1M in originally mined unmoved 50BTC coinbases that are uncontroversially Satoshi coins and then actually does it on the specified date.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
If CSW was satoshi, and he had 1.1M BTC, BCH and BSV, how would you use it to get the outcomes you think the world needs based on his political leanings. (PS, to understand the political perspectives you actually have to watch him speak, not see it interpreted through the propaganda machine and those who use their intellect to twist it.)

I have a few probable scenarios, some are very ugly.

Last edited:
Reactions: sgbett

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
chest-thumping aside, if BTC can be purposefully double spent, and thus the main innovation of bitcoin as an electronic cash system is void on that chain, and core devs and BTC promoters know it as they surely ought, and they fail to disclose this to investors, then the lawsuits would not be dubious. they would be quite on point.

it's a big if though. don't lose the trail.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
i don't think the copyright claims or lawsuits will do anything to the market. the only thing that can is if CSW declares ahead of time that he is going to cash out, give or take, $1M in originally mined unmoved 50BTC coinbases that are uncontroversially Satoshi coins and then actually does it on the specified date.
Depends on what happens with the claim and the lawsuits. Imagine the courts clearly state that we are dealing with Satoshi Nakamoto and the major media confirm this fact and the copyright is enforced. Don't you think this will have crucial implications for the market? I do.
The crazy thing is: All in all, CSW is a genius, regardless of whether the Satoshi story is true or made up; regardless of whether he often lies and tells a lot of nonsense that can be refuted by (restricted) experts.

Last edited:
Reactions: sgbett

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
Does anyone know if Haipo Yang reads this thread? I need to connect with someone at CoinEx. Thanks.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
"However, as reported, American crypto advocates are breathing a collective sigh of relief after new United States President Joe Biden announced, via an official communication, that he would be freezing all active agency proposals – a move that will include a much-maligned “unhosted” wallets regulatory proposal put forward by the former Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin."

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
I have a few probable scenarios
Satoshis 21 mill, the Double-Spend $21 on BTC on the 21st Day of 2021, and now more 21s here.

I believe it likely, some plays are being made now.

"Now interestingly, this pattern all stemmed from 2010 blocks mined in August, September, and October. This is identical to all the past strings of ‘Satoshi era’ bitcoin transfers from 2010 that have been caught in the past. However, as mentioned above, BTC block height 667,558 saw 21 block rewards spent from 2010, and the first spend did not follow the 999 BTC that was possibly transferred to an exchange.

49.49 BTC was transferred to one address and half of a bitcoin was sent to another address, which still sits idle. Moreover, just before the 21 decade-old blocks spent in block 667,558, two inconsistent 2010 blocks were spent at block height 667,534 and 667,538. The first spend was unique because the coinbase block reward was created on December 12, 2010.

December 12, 2010, is special because it was the very last day Satoshi Nakamoto wrote openly to the entire Bitcoin community on the forum bitcointalk.org. The 2010 block spend from December did not see the corresponding BCH or BSV spent. 19.9 BTC and 30 BTC were sent to two addresses and then split into fractions and likely sent to an exchange."

Probably won't end well for BTC and BCH. "the corresponding bitcoinSV (BSV) has not been touched." but it could get ugly there too? I guess much depends on adoption and how the internet oligarchy respond.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Maybe CSW heard my message. Now all he has to do is call it ahead of time.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
"However, as reported, American crypto advocates are breathing a collective sigh of relief after new United States President Joe Biden announced, via an official communication, that he would be freezing all active agency proposals – a move that will include a much-maligned “unhosted” wallets regulatory proposal put forward by the former Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin."

Scumbag :

As you all can appreciate, filling out these government forms is quite complicated,” he testified before the Senate Finance Committee.

“I did not use a Cayman Island entity to avoid paying taxes for myself ... We shouldn’t be encouraging people to set up Cayman Island funds,” he said, arguing that we need to “close these tax issues that make no sense.”