Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
4.5.1(a) Anonymizing services provider
An anonymizing services provider is a money transmitter under FinCEN regulations.

Hence, bitcoin.com, offering this service with the bitcoin.com wallet, is a money transmitter.

Reactions: Norway

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
I went digging through my posts and found this from Dec 2016.
If transactions are coming in at a fairly regular pace, the hash-power immediately following a block would potentially be quite low but would rise as transactions accumulated until, at some point, the full hash-power of the network would be in effect. What this would do is tend to push the finding of blocks towards a more regular 10 minutes than is currently the case. I would argue that this would be much better than the current situation where a new block is often found instantly with very few transactions and we can occasionally go long periods of times (hours plus) between blocks.

The idea that a well adopted Bitcoin would go any significant amount of time after a block is mined before sufficient transactions accumulated for a miner to consider it worth mining them (even if with only minimal effort) is laughable.
Thanks. It's amazing the gems of wisdom to be found buried in this thread. I see, I liked it the first time round. Just goes to show that some information, can take much prerequisite knowledge, and time, to properly absorb.

Another dynamic to the 'saw tooth' hashing, will be the unbounded scripts. As Bitcoin transitions into the Metanet and world computing, these unbounded scripts will likely become chained and very complex, making up the majority of blockspace, thus driving down the price for B/S or even to KB/S. As a bonus, small, simple, cash transactions will have zero, (negligible) fee.

Bitcoin miners will be at the cutting edge for Tx processing and power management systems. Inefficiency will be punished, ruthlessly.

kyuupichan

Oct 3, 2015
BABies ran off the path into a dark forest. "Everyone's lost but us." Toxic lead dev complains there's no funding for a rescue, proceeds to attack anyone who might be able to help.

Takes a job with FB in 3..2..1. ?
My god the toxic Frenchman is on one hell of a power trip. What is he smoking?

The chief clown is lashing out left and right at those left in his circus, telling everyone to get lost including the only ones backing him that remain. And having the arrogance to think he holds all the cards because if BAB collapses then Roger will go down with it. Jesus Christ, I've never read anything so out of touch.

Where can I short BAB and go long DOGE?

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
BABies ran off the path into a dark forest. "Everyone's lost but us." Toxic lead dev complains there's no funding for a rescue, proceeds to attack anyone who might be able to help.

Takes a job with FB in 3..2..1. ?
so what exactly did @imaginaryusername have in mind?

Reactions: Norway

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
Thanks. It's amazing the gems of wisdom to be found buried in this thread. I see, I liked it the first time round. Just goes to show that some information, can take much prerequisite knowledge, and time, to properly absorb.
Yeah, things come out of the woodwork all the time. Which is why Core's central planning is so awful. It's simply not possible to know all possible outcomes which is why we need to trust to the incentives (of which the block size limit was not an intended part). Preaching to the choir, I know.
[doublepost=1560641132][/doublepost]
You could have one bitcoin cash without avalanche, and one with avalanche, and see how it goes.
I've said before that I'd like to see two blockchains (in whatever branch), one with long-term stability and one which adopts new technologies quickly. Perhaps with some liquidity between the two. Of course, for a while, testnet (BTC) coins were starting to gain value until Core decided to break that. In light of history, perhaps that wasn't actually a good move.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
My god the toxic Frenchman is on one hell of a power trip. What is he smoking?

The chief clown is lashing out left and right at those left in his circus, telling everyone to get lost including the only ones backing him that remain. And having the arrogance to think he holds all the cards because if BAB collapses then Roger will go down with it. Jesus Christ, I've never read anything so out of touch.

Where can I short BAB and go long DOGE?
its hilarious that @deadalnix thinks he has $7B and a user base under his control that can be sold to VC's. arrogant prick.

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
I remember sophisticated people everywhere telling "don't bother, it will be made illegal".
The difference, according to the argument, is that there was never an actual legal reason to think Bitcoin was illegal. Sophisticated people doesn't mean anything in this case unless they are sophisticated on money law. That common sentiment was mostly or entirely based on the belief that Bitcoin will immediately destroy governments, which was just incorrect.
CSW has fled Australia. We can take his declarative love for laws and governements with a gain of salt.
He moved to a more favorable jurisdiction for business. The was no fleeing. There is no legal order against him and he can return to Australia any time he wants.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
u/todu, an incredibly big mouth tries to compete with the work of theZerg.

Reminds me of this chapter:

SECOND PART.42. XLII. REDEMPTION.
When Zarathustra went one day over the great bridge, then did the cripples and beggars surround him, and a hunchback spake thus unto him:
"Behold, Zarathustra! Even the people learn from thee, and acquire faith in thy teaching: but for them to believe fully in thee, one thing is still needful--thou must first of all convince us cripples! Here hast thou now a fine selection, and verily, an opportunity with more than one forelock! The blind canst thou heal, and make the lame run; and from him who hath too much behind, couldst thou well, also, take away a little;--that, I think, would be the right method to make the cripples believe in Zarathustra!"
Zarathustra, however, answered thus unto him who so spake: When one taketh his hump from the hunchback, then doth one take from him his spirit--so do the people teach. And when one giveth the blind man eyes, then doth he see too many bad things on the earth: so that he curseth him who healed him. He, however, who maketh the lame man run, inflicteth upon him the greatest injury; for hardly can he run, when his vices run away with him--so do the people teach concerning cripples. And why should not Zarathustra also learn from the people, when the people learn from Zarathustra?
It is, however, the smallest thing unto me since I have been amongst men, to see one person lacking an eye, another an ear, and a third a leg, and that others have lost the tongue, or the nose, or the head.
I see and have seen worse things, and divers things so hideous, that I should neither like to speak of all matters, nor even keep silent about some of them: namely, men who lack everything, except that they have too much of one thing--men who are nothing more than a big eye, or a big mouth, or a big belly, or something else big,--reversed cripples, I call such men.

[doublepost=1560685814,1560684712][/doublepost]If you want to develop an unlimited Bitcoin environment, would you rather work with Shadders or Amaury? With Ryan, Unwriter and friends or with the Fyookball, Pacia and friends?

[doublepost=1560686303][/doublepost]

Last edited: