Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
Miners may offer a subscription service for discriminating vendors willing to pay a premium to be included in a block.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
If it made sense to do so, they surely would. Market forces at work. Presumably the default fee would be fairly low though. It all comes down to game theory.

Instead of bidding for space in a block, it becomes a group bid for hashrate.

[doublepost=1559451668][/doublepost]A lot of the problem is that (small block) people bring block-reward thinking to a transaction-fee dominated scenario.
on balance, wallet fee estimator fee adjustments on the fly would be much simpler and less costly to execute totally negating any complex energy inefficient on off switching strategy miners might try to employ.

my bet is miners will employ a greedy strategy of short term gain by swallowing the whole mempool to maximize fee harvesting and just accept the occasional risk of themselves immediately mining a relatively empty follow on block as the cost of doing business. the only other way I could see this playing out is via a cooperative strategy where each miner only mines say half of the mempool leaving enough fee income for the next miner that includes themselves. but that would require way too much cooperation and long term thinking imo. plus, you'd immediately get the counter reaction that @cbeast outlines above where users pay extra to be included in the next block. so again, I expect miners to go with my first strategy and just swallow the whole mempool empty or not as they do today.

Last edited:
Reactions: sgbett and cbeast

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
Yes, they'll still harvest the whole mempool (or at least as much of it that follows any other rules that they run with). It's just the mempool only starts to get interesting as more fees pile up.

An empty block is interesting when there is a block reward otherwise, not so much.

Reactions: kostialevin

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
well, not much use conjecturing about it. we have about another 120 yrs to go.

_bc

Mar 17, 2017
It is fun to speculate on miner strategies, but the bottom line is: there will be money to be made, and those miners who employ the best strategies (could vary from scenario to scenario) will be rewarded. They'll come and go. The miners, and the strategies.

It might not always be "stable" in the sense that no one strategy may work all the time, but the world economies are constantly changing. I don't think we want mining strategy to be static, or even "well understood". That strikes me as almost conceited - to think we could understand an entire foundational industry that well to know that one strategy would or should be the right one for any extended period of time.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
hats more like it

Reactions: bitsko and Norway

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
PO Box freetrade.com
Liberty, OH 31337

Reactions: bitsko

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
uh oh

rocks

Sep 24, 2015
Does anyone have a recommended BTC/BSV exchange that works for US customers? Options seem limited right now. thanks

Last edited: