Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
given his proclivity to project an air of technical expertise when it comes to influencing ABC dev and all matters involved in Bitcoin, I find it ironic that he is now opining on monetary and political matters regarding the complexities in Venezuela. since he openly dismisses contrary opinions regarding technical scaling matters to his own, I'm not surprised he is equally dogmatic with his comments around Venezuela
[doublepost=1559651124][/doublepost]he, next to amaury, is the single most responsible person for any damage BCH is enduring to date.
[doublepost=1559651384][/doublepost]oh my

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
the analogy (cum argument not to increase block size) is useless, the path to bitcoin adoption looks nothing like 30% of the population of venezuela using BCH twice a day. that's just some numbers resulting from trivial computations, the scenario itself is grotesquely non-existent for the foreseeable future.

the narrative of the little user spearheading the cryptoeconomy is just that, a narrative. in the above case, an absurd one not grounded in reality.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
lol, @jtoomim quoting an old reddit post of mine:

[doublepost=1559657621][/doublepost]wait, as OP, am i still able to run polls at the header of this thread?
[doublepost=1559658266,1559657409][/doublepost]what's this all about?

Reactions: Norway

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
just relentless:

[doublepost=1559674630][/doublepost]
Hi guys, any tips on how to store BSV? Does any hardware wallet support it?
electrumsv.io for desktop and probably Handcash or Centbee for mobile. yes, Trezor seeds are compatible.

kyuupichan

Oct 3, 2015
given his track record and influence within ABC, yes.
Wasn't Toomim the guy that claimed the software shits itself at 22MB so we need to stop while the shitlord fixes it? Or was that Pacia? Regardless, birds of a feather. They must be struggling to explain the 1.4GB block stuffed full of txs that the network swallowed the other day. Obviously that doesn't count for reasons X, Y and Z.
[doublepost=1559675316][/doublepost]@freetrader Did you and other BAB donors DYOR? Here, Jimmy's a nice guy and trying to help you out. You sure you know where the funds are going?

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
no that's probably not fair. @jtoomim is also genuinely concerned with scaling, but he approaches the issue from the perspective of a small miner. whereas i am afraid bitcoin maximalism and protecting the business interests of small miners are incompatible.

can't resist noting (because nobody else did here) that collected fees on that > 1.2 GB block on testnet were greater than the block subsidy, for the first time in bitcoin. put otherwise, it is only at that throughput that the economic effect of large blocks can begin to be tested and understood -- only at that level that the system functions sustainably and as intended. which is why it is myopic to wait for "organic growth" to go beyond 32 MB, and the same probably also goes for increasing capacity on the basis of some adjustable blocksize algorithm.

Last edited:

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Wasn't Toomim the guy that claimed the software shits itself at 22MB so we need to stop while the shitlord fixes it? Or was that Pacia?
It was Chris Pacia. @jtoomim was the guy that claimed 1MB of data could not cross the great firewall of China in less that 17.4 seconds.
[doublepost=1559676498][/doublepost]@79b79aa8
...from the perspective of a small miner.
... from the perspective of a small mind.
FTFY.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Not sure. What do you mean by "BAB"? Boston Army Base, Bonuses are Back or Blondes Are Better?
This is a 100% clear confirmation that @freetrader has no idea about where the donations to ABC are going. He tries to divert the question with a desperate move, but everyone can see that he is naked.

Reactions: torusJKL