Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
LOL, there are people still here. :) I'm so far behind I may never be able to catch up.

@freetrader The risk-reward on BSV is looking so hot right now. FYI I'm eagerly waiting on your effort to split again. I'm not sure I'll hold both BCH's next time. Judging by the price, I think ABC's roadmap has not invited a solution to the concerns invoked by the Fidelity Effect.

No problem though, BCH is in good hands. I'm counting on ABC to pull through. As a former BCH proponent, I'm feeling a little taken for granted, still invested though.

Reactions: lunar

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
I'll just leave this here as a place holder. Those with a good understanding of physics and bitcoin should be able to see the problem created by a growing Information and Communications Technology sector, data centers, and bitcoin in conflict with global electricity demand. It could grow by as much as 8% as AI becomes more prevalent. and bitcoin electricity demand even more.

The solution is Bitcoin. ABC seems clueless when it comes to consumer needs and the fundamental laws of physics and what bitcoins does, but that's their burden, the SV guys may or may not get it, but they've taken the right fork.​

AdrianX said:
People who have new ideas often just stop having old ideas.

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
The creators of money have little to do with how society refers to it. When I say BSV is Bitcoin, I only refer to the fact that it shares the original design and Genesis block of what Satoshi Nakamoto dubbed Bitcoin. From a design point of view, the other chains forked away. Building server farms instead of data centers was a mistake. The SN white paper specifically said data centers. Server farms can come later as needed, but storing and selling data adds more value and uses less electricity than server farms. Data and transaction access fees are the long term revenue source, not block rewards.
money is data, data is money

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
oh brother

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
BCH further centralizing. what a shame:

Regrettably from our perspective, BCH miners have not embraced the forward-looking stance of respecting a supermajority of themselves in matters of protocol evolution. Instead, they pursue a strategy of scheduled hard forks at regular intervals. Such a strategy allows for a majority implementation to effectively act as gatekeepers of determining the content of these scheduled forks and is anything but representative. The artificial deadlines are a centralizing and ultimately destabilizing force on development.

https://honest.cash/dgenr8/xt-wont-follow-may-19-bch-fork-4313

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Bad actors tried to chase @Norway into the desert. Seems it was a boomerang. Now they are not happy and babble along with Zectro (probably Greg) about bad actors. #Orwell.

This attack was so subterraneously low that only 1 (one!) member could be mobilized.
On the other hand ...
https://www.bitcoinunlimited.info/voting/render/proposal_vote_result/89ca93aeede13727e2fa93a81aa25ce061b92a5465cd14f1bb6eb5cf3b8193c3

Those same users' attempt to infiltrate BU with @sken seems to get the same answer.

They don't realize that BU is mainly GCBU. It's not Twitter and not Reddit.
A software, maintained by members who fear the discussion on GCBU, can't represent BU.

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/bltrbn/bu_members_please_face_your_membership_rift/

Last edited:

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
Just curious, does "equally weighted" mean own the same number of BTC, BCH, and BSV bitcoins? Or own the same fiat-equivalent amount?

The latter would of course be an actively managed weighting, i.e. now ~100 BSV for each BTC.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
what a shitshow. you can't make this stuff up. Greg still has his girlfriend with the BCH and BSV communities still tightly aligned on one thing:

Reactions: bitsko

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Bad actors tried to chase @Norway into the desert. Seems it was a boomerang. Now they are not happy and babble along with Zectro (probably Greg) about bad actors. #Orwell.

This attack was so subterraneously low that only 1 (one!) member could be mobilized.
On the other hand ...
https://www.bitcoinunlimited.info/voting/render/proposal_vote_result/89ca93aeede13727e2fa93a81aa25ce061b92a5465cd14f1bb6eb5cf3b8193c3

Those same users' attempt to infiltrate BU with @sken seems to get the same answer.

They don't realize that BU is mainly GCBU. It's not Twitter and not Reddit.
A software, maintained by members who fear the discussion on GCBU, can't represent BU.

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/bltrbn/bu_members_please_face_your_membership_rift/
"Don't hate on BU. hate GCBU."

this damn thread just won't die :

I can't kill it
theymos can't kill it
BadBear can't kill it
Bloomie can't kill it
@freetrader can't kill it
@imuname can't kill it
@sken can't kill it
BU dev can't kill it
r/btc can't kill it

what a freaking monster.
[doublepost=1557311597][/doublepost]
Thanks for exposing @cypherdoc's claims as speculation.
Lol, you're a bozo. I never claimed to know @Norway's position

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
not at all. if ABC supporters had any real spine (translation - - >arguments) they'd be in here debating them at length. unfortunately, hypocrisy can only get you so far before you look stupid. the only one really willing to do that are guys like @freetrader.

btw, i continue to think it's RCH (hilarious) that my BCH, @freetrader, resurfaced his u/ftrader r/btc account after all these years simply to agitate BU. it fits, like a glove, with the rest of my impression.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
not at all. if ABC supporters had any real spine (translation - - >arguments) they'd be in here debating them at length. unfortunately, hypocrisy can only get you so far before you look stupid. the only one really willing to do that are guys like @freetrader.

btw, i continue to think it's RCH (hilarious) that my BCH, @freetrader, resurfaced his u/ftrader r/btc account after all these years simply to agitate BU. it fits, like a glove, with the rest of my impression.
oh sister

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@cypherdoc
The thread degraded into a bunch of SV guys patting each others on the shoulders.

What a success!
btw, you're still here aren't you? captured (raptured) just like the rest of us.
[doublepost=1557313790][/doublepost]I'd say the same for @freetrader except he's just assigned to us
[doublepost=1557314310,1557313645][/doublepost]an assignment just doesn't feel as warm and fuzzy
[doublepost=1557314564][/doublepost]although I must admit, it's kinda nice having a TPTB operative hanging around. it's like having the good fortune to have an IRS office down the street. every once in a while you can wander in there and find out what agitates them. except in this case we hear about it every freaking hour.

Members online

No members online now.