Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
>Because #CraigIsSatoshi is being used to promote Bitcoin SV to businesses and governments, with its supporters casting other Bitcoin forks as illegimate and unworthy of public interest.
If Craig is not Satoshi, this is at least grand fraud on the public, not to mention conned investors.

Craig really is the only one doing that.
Let me stop you right there with this tweet by Calvin.
[doublepost=1556892909][/doublepost]
If Craig is Satoshi, this is at least grand fraud on the public, not to mention conned investors.
If Craig is Satoshi then it would be trivial for him to show it, publicly.
He's already trying to convince a cult following to parrot the story that he IS Satoshi, so there is no hiding behind any implications except to plausibly deny it to a State. Which I'm sure he wouldn't be wanting to do, right? /s

The whole "I'm Satoshi but won't prove it publicly" shtick is getting tiresome. It's honestly worse in terms of logical consistency than all of Core's anti-scaling arguments over the years.

Last edited:

shilch

Mar 28, 2019
I agree with the gist, either he should prove it in public or in court in whatever way, or just stop emphasising how he's satoshi - the repeated talk about "I am Satoshi and I'm here to kill off Satoshi" appears contradictory. But then again, maybe he behaves exactly that way to effectively "kill off Satoshi", idk.
Whatever it is, I consider Wright's content very original (especially pointing out the incentives in bitcoin) - no matter whether he digged into all bitcoin-related material out there or whether he actually was involved in the creation of bitcoin.
[doublepost=1556903680][/doublepost]
I can't pay anything with it, which sucks for digital money, and as it seems, this will not get much better this year or next year.
:)

Only using VISA as gateway, but it's a step.

Last edited:

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
"I'm not upset because you lied to me, I'm upset because I don't believe you any more."
- F. Nietzsche
You are a true believer. 100 percent convinced.

The whole "I'm Satoshi but won't prove it publicly" shtick is getting tiresome.
We the public. We the people. We all deserve the same. We are all equal. We deserve the same informations like Gavin. Because we are all equal!

And thus spake Zarathustra unto the people:

Lo! I show you the last man.

“What is love? What is creation? What is longing? What is a star?”— so asketh the last man and blinketh.

The earth hath then become small, and on it there hoppeth the last man who maketh everything small. His species is ineradicable like that of the ground-flea; the last man liveth longest.
(..)
No shepherd, and one herd! Every one wanteth the same; every one is equal: he who hath other sentiments goeth voluntarily into the madhouse.

“Formerly all the world was insane,”— say the subtlest of them, and blink thereby.

They are clever and know all that hath happened: so there is no end to their raillery. People still fall out, but are soon reconciled—otherwise it spoileth their stomachs.

They have their little pleasures for the day, and their little pleasures for the night, but they have a regard for health.

“We have discovered happiness,”— say the last men, and blink thereby. —

And here ended the first discourse of Zarathustra, which is also called “The Prologue”: for at this point the shouting and mirth of the multitude interrupted him. “Give us this last man, O Zarathustra,”— they called out—“make us into these last men! Then will we make thee a present of the Superman!” And all the people exulted and smacked their lips. Zarathustra, however, turned sad, and said to his heart:

“They understand me not: I am not the mouth for these ears.

Too long, perhaps, have I lived in the mountains; too much have I hearkened unto the brooks and trees: now do I speak unto them as unto the goatherds.

Calm is my soul, and clear, like the mountains in the morning. But they think me cold, and a mocker with terrible jests.

And now do they look at me and laugh: and while they laugh they hate me too. There is ice in their laughter.”

Last edited:
Reactions: KoKansei and macsga

shilch

Mar 28, 2019
Not yet, looks like it requires some early access invitation code. I'm a bit confused whether it really uses Visa, in Germany the welcome screen says "Pay anywhere with Apple Pay or Samsung Pay", so it's not working with standard PoS terminals?
Edit: My mobile phone doesn't have NFC. I will probably not be able to use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Norway

Otaci

Jul 26, 2017
I'm starting to see Apple Pay and Google Pay compatible PoS terminals appear here. In London they're more common.

macsga

Sep 29, 2015
Wow, did not know that Nietzsches 'übermensch' is 'superman' in English. Interesting ...
"Über" comes from ancient Greek "Υπέρ", in English is "Hyper" so, Hyperhuman might be a better approach. Hyperhumans are equals to demigods in ancient Greece. They were "more" than ordinary men but less than gods. Hercules was a hyperhuman.

Reactions: KoKansei and bitsko

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
We are here for p2p electronic cash, not some NWO / MWO bullshit.
However, it sure does seem like Craig is not here for the same reasons.

So if that's the case, then his backers should invest more in BSV.

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
I love how arguments boil down to "invest more in BSV" like "if you love it so much, why don't you marry it?" Bitcoin has never been about FOMO, or were you always in it to get rich quick? However, investing in your education about how to really Master Bitcoin like Satoshi envisioned is actually worthwhile.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
Craig is not acting alone he is part of something much bigger than just the crypto industry.
Its a group, factions within military intelligence community.
Understanding this one must go all the way back, the transaction after Hal.
Craig seems powerful, confident, fearless and unbeatable.
Bitcoin, a deflationary multipolar world order MWO.
I love how arguments boil down to "invest more in BSV" like "if you love it so much, why don't you marry it?" Bitcoin has never been about FOMO, or were you always in it to get rich quick? However, investing in your education about how to really Master Bitcoin like Satoshi envisioned is actually worthwhile.
Here's an argument for you @Manfred and @cbeast.

If Craig + his alleged "factions within military intelligence community" wanted to see p2p electronic cash succeed in order to bring about "a deflationary multipolar world order", then why are they attacking Bitcoin Cash? I argue that makes no sense except if we assume they want to gain centralized control of something that is decentralized.

And why did they not take preventive action by forking BTC earlier when it was clear that BS/Core was crippling BTC (let's generously assume rational greed as BS/Core's motive)?

See what I mean by "it's honestly worse in terms of logical consistency than all of Core's anti-scaling arguments over the years"?

The good news is that Bitcoin is not about deception. Piling deception upon deception ends up with a house of cards that will fail catastrophically. We shall all see it play out.

To the real Satoshi, whether he/she/they may be dead, in prison, under gagging orders, chilling and watching the drama or panicking while watching the drama (if they are spooks): Thanks for bringing us Bitcoin.
[doublepost=1557047284][/doublepost]
Craig seems powerful, confident, fearless and unbeatable.
It seems to me that this is a basic requirement for any confidence man, so I would not value that highly in the absence of the other qualities that we expect from Satoshi.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8up

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
There are so many things he has said that only Satoshi would have known that nobody else figured out about Bitcoin. I'm sure there are threads that list them. Just read his blogs and watch him speaking. I didn't like him at first because I have a personal bias against Aussies (present company excepted, of course) but god damn if he didn't wake me up. But getting back to your points.

He only hinted at the metanet stuff when Satoshi wrote that Bitcoin would move to data centers. We misinterpreted it to mean something like graphics rendering farms like Pixar. Data is information with value and that's why he wants people to be able to immutably store valuable information.

The double hashing thing blew my mind.

He's filing patents, hundreds of them. They apply to the technology itself, not just one blockchain. Only someone with deep knowledge of the subject would have the forward thinking to file so many insightful patents. Sure he filed on ideas we wrote about in the early days, but he had them fleshed out because he thought of them first.

As far as the forking, he was forced into it after it was clear there was no rehabilitating BCH. He has to wait until January 2020 for the Tulip Trust to release his nuclear arsenal. Then things will become clearer.

Frankly, he doesn't care about the price of BSV. He will have the funds to market data center storage security to the world by shorting BTC and BCH. I don't see any deception, only that he has a handful of aces.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
@cbeast
You did not address my argument, you only provided a list of reasons why you believe in Craig and BSV-Metanet's eventual success.

The double hashing thing blew my mind.
I found it entirely unconvincing, as in fact I did all of your offered reasons.

Can you point at a patent which makes use of this fact, to convince me there is actual technical merit behind it?

Even then, I don't see how implementing a censorship machinery based on it would be helping peer to peer electronic cash which per whitepaper is here to help us transact without overlord intermediaries...

shilch

Mar 28, 2019
@freetrader

I found it entirely unconvincing
What do you find unconvincing about it?
All arguments I read against the idea are basically that someone can invest millions in hardware that is specifically designed to perform a single hash, produce preimages that hash to a valid difficulty target and then sell that preimage (without actually knowing the block header) thereby digitally signing the fraud. And because it is not cryptographically 100% secure, people consider this idea "unconvincing". Security is a story of economics: [1] [2]

implementing a censorship machinery
That's not what he wrote, reread the article.