Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
From my perspective, the Bitcoin Unlimited organization is a tool that may or may not provide value to me.

The members and hangarounds are certainly valuable to me.

But I'm not sure the elected officers and devs are pulling in my direction.

It looks to me that they hate Satoshi Nakamoto, and they want to be powerful beaurocrats "guarding" the direction of the protocol and being gate keepers.

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
I could buy that he didn't want to be exposed as Satoshi (he's not) if he didn't keep implying or even stating that he is (beginning with Gavin's announcement which Gavin would surely have kept quiet if asked). It's true that signing would not be absolute proof but it would be very strong supporting evidence and the true Satoshi would undoubtedly be able to do so. He doesn't because he can't because he's not.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
BU as an organization is changing. At some point, something has to give.

Next time after the votes this month, we will vote on if BU will support the BCH altcoin branch.

Its a long game. But not that long. Just months, a few years.
I see we have someone in the house who doesn't yet understand open source.
Ka-ching!

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@Richy_T
Ha ha ha ha.

He doesn't because he can't because he's not.
Ha ha ha ha ha!
[doublepost=1556831263,1556830489][/doublepost]@freetrader
Yes, let's talk about KaChing!

I love it!

The protocol is here:
https://kaching.cards/katp.pdf

It has a license. The license prevents shitcoins from using it. It's not open to shitcoins. Because we are killing shitcoins. Shitcoins are bad for money supply and network effect.

If you want to win, you kill the shitcoins.

If you multicoin, you get rekt.

@Richy_T
Ha ha ha ha.

Ha ha ha ha ha!
[doublepost=1556831263,1556830489][/doublepost]@freetrader
Yes, let's talk about KaChing!

I love it!

The protocol is here:
https://kaching.cards/katp.pdf

It has a license. The license prevents shitcoins from using it. It's not open to shitcoins. Because we are killing shitcoins. Shitcoins are bad for money supply and network effect.

If you want to win, you kill the shitcoins.

If you multicoin, you get rekt.
This was fine at the hash war. But as it looks right know, odds are higher that bsv will be the shitcoin that is rekt.

I was against this constant anti Craig echo chamber, because it turned attention away from what was (and is) the real problem, and because the flood of ad hominem seems not adequate for the idea he represents (which I think are valid on many edges).

However, I don't support the new trend to glorify everything he does or to construct excuses for every failure or indice for 'faketoshi / fraud'.

The bitcoin belle Story is intense. Just wiping it away with 'con woman' seems unfair and short sided.

The mass of broken promises (hash war, real spv, segwit flaw, billions of transactions, whatever) doesn't create trust or convidence.

The anger on Twitter, the attacks left and right, the lawsuits, and all this, doesn't help bsv to get anywhere. It just turns people off, sinks the price, gets delistings on exchanges. On Bitcoin.de even bitcoin gold has a higher trading volume.

I can't pay anything with it, which sucks for digital money, and as it seems, this will not get much better this year or next year.

I favor bsv, but I won't deny that there is a mass of things going wrong, and that the way csw acts contribute to this.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
there's no way she was around in 2011. I was even more active then than now and she was nowhere in sight. my take on her whole matter was always that she was an attention whore late adopter looking to leech off the community some way some how. no one ever took her seriously.

I agree with you on the other points however.

I wonder how many people listened to the recent Craig Wright podcast where he bragged about his history of working with people in the intelligence services.

And today I read these posts which I missed during those days in 2015

https://web.archive.org/web/20180625092522/https://tiffanyhayden.blog/2018/04/04/craig-wright-and-ripple-weird/

https://hackernoon.com/bitcoin-belles-ccme-the-woman-who-brought-you-craig-satoshi-wright-strikes-again-f74e4ef129a4

"I want my brother out of jail and his record to disappear for starters."

Wow, if that mail is genuine then Belle must believe CSW to have quite some extraordinary powers!
Making criminal records disappear? That's a big ask (demand?).
She must know something about CSW that we might only suspect.
The Tiffany Hayden article: what he said about Ripple is accurate and formulated in an interesting way, Tiffany doesn't understand, because it doesn't fit in the language established by Ripple shills

The story with Belle sv brother released from prison is spooky ...

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
There's plenty of strong supporting evidence, how do you explain all this away?

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1123946538131251200.html
Yeah, the case totally falls apart if you don't allow that someone you believe to be a liar would lie. You totally got me.
[doublepost=1556846453][/doublepost]
my take on her whole matter was always that she was an attention whore late adopter looking to leech off the community some way some how. no one ever took her seriously.
This could well be true. And, if he's as some of us suspect, that would be exactly the kind of person he would look to exploit. It's not a zero-sum game.
[doublepost=1556846749][/doublepost]If these libel lawsuits ever go anywhere (and there's a good chance they won't), prediction is they end up in court and since it won't be possible to prove that CSW isn't Satoshi and it won't be proven that he is (because he can't or won't depending on your viewpoint), it will fall into he-said/she-said and be thrown out with no resolution.

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
However, I don't support the new trend to glorify everything he does or to construct excuses for every failure or indice for 'faketoshi / fraud'.
I have zero investment in CSW not being Satoshi. It's just the conclusion I came to and have not been dissuaded from (in fact that has be reinforced over time. Though I know that ones beliefs do become self-reinforcing). I require no vengeance or retribution. Either of 3 outcomes would be fine for me. He could prove he's Satoshi, he could confess he's not Satoshi (or this outcome otherwise confirmed) or he could just walk away. Any of these would allow us all to draw a line under it and move on.

I also have to wonder, if CSW is scheming, if his scheme has already come to fruition. It may have been "fake it till you make it" and by many measures, he has made it, catapulting himself from obscurity into a well known and financed person in the cryptosphere. If so, that may be all there is to it. However, I suspect that may not be enough for such a person. Right now, it's just wait and see, I guess.
[doublepost=1556847739][/doublepost]Anyone who doesn't really appreciate how far people are willing to carry scams should look up Elizabeth Holmes. It's actually quite frightening.

Heck, we have Bitfinex on our own doorstep.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
And, if he's as some of us suspect, that would be exactly the kind of person he would look to exploit. It's not a zero-sum game.
I highly doubt that. the closest I've ever seen them together was in that YouTube video of her MC'ing the panel discussion and CSW on a projection screen. and she never talked about a romantic relationship before the Hackernoon article. my bet is she's using the publicity to sell books.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
I thought this was pretty interesting. as we all know, Twitter is a shithole. but it occurred to me that, although I'm a free speech believer, an anarchistic free speech world is unviable. real info just gets drowned out with no accountability making a civilized society all but impossible. as much as I hate lawsuits, libel needs to be defended against :

[doublepost=1556854735][/doublepost]
Two-line burps are not rebuttals of 60-line posts. That usually looks bad.
this dovetails with what I just said about Twitter. the great thing about forums is that you can't bullshit your way around with two line pithy adhoms. 60 line in depth explanations just destroy trolls and or bots.

which explains why this thread has stood the test of time.

Last edited:

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
I wonder how many people listened to the recent Craig Wright podcast where he bragged about his history of working with people in the intelligence services.

And today I read these posts which I missed during those days in 2015

https://web.archive.org/web/20180625092522/https://tiffanyhayden.blog/2018/04/04/craig-wright-and-ripple-weird/

https://hackernoon.com/bitcoin-belles-ccme-the-woman-who-brought-you-craig-satoshi-wright-strikes-again-f74e4ef129a4

"I want my brother out of jail and his record to disappear for starters."

Wow, if that mail is genuine then Belle must believe CSW to have quite some extraordinary powers!
Making criminal records disappear? That's a big ask (demand?).
She must know something about CSW that we might only suspect.
Folks get criminal records expunged all the time.
[doublepost=1556874825][/doublepost]
I thought this was pretty interesting. as we all know, Twitter is a shithole. but it occurred to me that, although I'm a free speech believer, an anarchistic free speech world is unviable. real info just gets drowned out with no accountability making a civilized society all but impossible. as much as I hate lawsuits, libel needs to be defended against :

this dovetails with what I just said about Twitter. the great thing about forums is that you can't bullshit your way around with two line pithy adhoms. 60 line in depth explanations just destroy trolls and or bots.

This thread exists because the other was censored. Now you have the gavel, but it's your party after all. So far, it's been a good one. There are eight billion people in the world, I don't mind blocking a few thousand groupthinkers.

Reactions: sgbett and Norway

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015

This video is convincing evidence that the CSW Satan Cult is made up of the most disgusting creatures you can imagine.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
It matters not so much who Satoshi was.

But it matters whether Craig Wright is a fraud.

Because #CraigIsSatoshi is being used to promote Bitcoin SV to businesses and governments, with its supporters casting other Bitcoin forks as illegimate and unworthy of public interest.
If Craig is not Satoshi, this is at least grand fraud on the public, not to mention conned investors.

Reactions: Richy_T

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
as vile a person as CSW can be perceived, it's still a possibility he is Satoshi. while odds will vary depending on your outlook, it's not possible they're zero. someone like me who's looked pretty closely at the evidence puts it at 50:50. even if you think it's less as an anti CSW observer, I don't think odds can reasonably get as low as the percent negativity you see on twitter from the one line adhoms (which approaches 95% or more) when the ordinary Bitcoiner most probably hasn't even perused the evidence as closely as many of us have. this to me is a sure fire sign of social manipulation in a safe setting that allows this type of nefarious behavior; the fast pace, uncritical one line pithy opinion polls of Twitter. it's not a healthy platform, one all of us should be concerned about.

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
note how he's never denied it
[doublepost=1556829734][/doublepost]
i think he should sign. and not just the genesis block but a sampling of the first 10 blocks. he supposedly did it for Gavin and Matonis, so why not the BSV community?
Better to allow the intelligent people to exit the airdropped altcoins before he proves he can dump 1.1 million on the market in a financial armageddon. I expect it to happen in early 2020.

Reactions: lunar

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
>It matters not so much who Satoshi was.

>But it matters whether Craig Wright is a fraud.

>Because #CraigIsSatoshi is being used to promote Bitcoin SV to businesses and governments, with its supporters casting other Bitcoin forks as illegimate and unworthy of public interest.
If Craig is not Satoshi, this is at least grand fraud on the public, not to mention conned investors.

Craig really is the only one doing that. look at Jimmy or even me ; we always say it doesn't matter if CSW is or isn't Satoshi. and the ones who have come out to publicly claim he is have only done that relatively recently probably out of unjustified frustration against the negative narrative pushed on social media. imo, the criticisms in all of the short 10y history of Bitcoin exclusively swirl mostly around who the devs are and they're behavior. this makes sense since they're the ones in the position to most change the protocol to their financial advantage since they're not getting paid by the protocol and most people incorrectly perceive Bitcoin to be a technical project. given this, it seems logical/imperative to focus only on what the code is doing today and how it's progressing between implementation approaches taking all concerns about who the devs are out of the picture. as I'm a purist that believes the original idea was never allowed to fulfill itself due to the blocksize debate, I favor the implementation that eliminates that as a concern and adheres as closely as possible to the other original ideas since they've never been proven to be faulty. that's why I don't have a problem with CSW potentially being a fraud because hard forks can always be used to get away from him, if needed. if you're a BCH supporter, I don't see how you can argue against this as you believe you can safely get away with hard forks every 6mo. and I don't think a rogue move is possible as pervasive as the principles CSW has espoused have been publicly disseminated. as well, if institutions are allowed to onboard BSV early on via opreturn for data storage or hash pointers, they will be the ones who can execute and financially defend a hard fork against a patent lawsuit if necessary.

Last edited:

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015

Because #CraigIsSatoshi is being used to promote Bitcoin SV to businesses and governments, with its supporters casting other Bitcoin forks as illegimate and unworthy of public interest.
Have you seen a government bill or proposal? Not sure where you get that notion. They are certainly not pushing "crypto" exchanges into trading BSV, because they are unregulated and too amateur for serious business or government. Instead people are building amazing apps which can legally be sold for fiat and people can earn money through work. It's called adoption, not public fraud, which is something "crypto" people seem to have forgotten about.
edit: unless you are referring to datacenters run by large enterprises. Those were mentioned in the Satoshi white paper.

Last edited:

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015

Because #CraigIsNotSatoshi is being used to promote crippled Bitcoin BTC and BCH to businesses and truthers, with its supporters casting BSV as illegimate and unworthy of public interest.
If Craig is Satoshi, this is at least grand fraud on the public, not to mention conned investors.