Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
like i said, these clowns anger is misplaced at BU. go ahead and count how many of the links @deadalnix has referenced are to this thread. stop attacking BU and try to shutdown this thread if you can. good luck. i was just thinking yesterday, pretty soon we'll be going on 10 yrs :)
[doublepost=1553528586][/doublepost]
anyone who can't see this is blind.

@theZerg @Peter R @solex @sickpig @petertschipper (can't remember his nick) please consider coming over to BSV. you have zero, nada, no future with ABC. your obvious talent could be highly leveraged in building out rapidly moving and working p2p networking, standard and non-standard script, OP_RETURN apps/utilization. to me, it's obvious you will even be able to make money doing so via innovative proprietary innovation built off of non protocol work. BU could provide a sorely needed but compatible BSV implementation that could immediately allow the BSV community to follow in the case asshole CSW reneges on his promises to 1. not prosecute anyone using his patents within BSV 2. lockdown the base protocol after either removing the limit or implementing an adaptive limit 3. any other promises of his i've missed. just ignore him like the rest of the BSV supporters do and be prepared to take over if/when he f*cks up.

your talent would be gladly and openly welcomed. you guys deserve it way better.
since you're so convinced he will f*ck up, this should be a no brainer :)
[doublepost=1553529109,1553528264][/doublepost]
Quote cypherdoc

Charming...
i know. my mommy kisses me every night before she puts me to bed.
[doublepost=1553529592][/doublepost]actually, i lol'd. i forgot this was my first thought when i read his Medium article:

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/b5ahq6/bch_lead_developer_amaury_séchet_leaves_bitcoin/ejc9izh/

Reactions: Norway

rocks

Sep 24, 2015
BU could be the first data service node that charges BSV
Developing an economic market for serving data is a perfect example of focusing on usage instead of reference client/protocol changes.

It also incentivizes nodes to invest in scaling and capabilities. That was a major flaw to the initial bitcoin block reward incentive model. Miners were incentivized to only capture the coinbase reward and not invest in anything else, as a result competition favored those with access to cheaper electricity, which often came through connections with the Chinese party for under market prices.

Developing an economic market on data transfer both supports new applications and promotes infrastructure growth through economic rewards.

It also would result is lots of nodes running BU, even if they weren't the miners.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
i've always felt there was a place for non-mining full nodes or iterations thereof; if anything, just to protect against nefarious centralized mining activities. now, by serving up data for fees via opreturn, they can have a true economic purpose while also decentralizing the blockchain if they so choose. i would.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
"try to kill BSV"

"try to shut down this thread"
actually, i lol'd
So did I, I guess I never really met masochists IRL.
[doublepost=1553530591][/doublepost]
Developing an economic market for serving data is a perfect example of focusing on usage instead of reference client/protocol changes.
I agree, and am looking forward to hearing more about Bitcoin.com's oracle project based on DSV.

Reactions: majamalu

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@freetrader
You don't need DSV to make an oracle. I have proven this before. Some people have a very hard time admitting the fact.

@sickpig Sure! It's a simple way to compress the script.

Let's say the oracle is verifying a fact with one million possible outcomes. Instead of making one million hashes, the oracle does the following:

You make ten hashes for the first of the six digits. Each hash represent a number from 0 to 9.
Then you make ten hashes for the second digit, etc.

This way, you need 10 x 6 = 60 hashes to describe a million outcomes.

Bonus info: This method is considered more secure against quantum computing than OP_CHECKDATASIG.

EDIT:
Cool, Dagur made a version in Spedn:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
"try to kill BSV"

"try to shut down this thread"

So did I, I guess I never really met masochists IRL.
I agree, and am looking forward to hearing more about Bitcoin.com's oracle project based on DSV.
oh please. you're like a little dog, nipping at my tail; point being, you're mad b/c you can't do either of those, even if you tried.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
oh please. you're like a little dog, nipping at my tail; point being, you're mad b/c you can't do it even if you tried.
I don't have any interest in shutting down Bitcoin Cash's competition nor stifle debate.

I believe free (libre) and open systems like BCH will eat permissioned blockchain's lunch.

And "permissioned" includes trying to charge for every patented brainfart of what one could do with a blockchain.

Reactions: majamalu

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
and neither do i. you should tell your compatriots to stop the BU bashing and instead come back and debate openly. i'd love to hear more about how they justify 10 block rolling checkpoints, finalization, replay protection, Avalanche pre-concensus, why we should let CSW personalities get in the way of supporting the BSV code itself and it's vision, etc etc. why run away and bash BU esp when @deadalnix never really participated in BU to begin with?

rocks

Sep 24, 2015
The problem for developers on "evolving" protocols is they never can be sure they won't be the next Counterparty. Remember how they invested time and effort and then core killed the effort by "updating" OP_RETURN?

Do not underestimate the value to 3rd parties (perceived or otherwise) of a stable platform/protocol on which to develop. It greatly reduces risk.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015

Mengerian

Staff member
Aug 29, 2015
@Mengerian so u/ftrader aka @freetrader said his last commit was 3d ago:

why can't i see it here?:

https://reviews.bitcoinabc.org/p/freetrader/

is there somewhere else ("special infrastructure") for ABC commits?
Are you sure he wasn't talking about contributing to BU? and not ABC?

That's what it sounded like to me, I guess you'd have to ask freetrader to clarify.
[doublepost=1553542892][/doublepost]Anyway, there's nothing controversial about keeping infrastructure setup private. That's stuff like server configuration and credentials.

You wouldn't demand that Github open up all it's backend infrastructure setup.. it doesn't make any sense.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@Mengerian ok, so when was his last commit to BU? does BU have a hidden infrastructure repo? fyi, i was referring to his last BCH commit. ppl having followed our interaction know why.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
he's the one who first used the term on reddit, if you cared to read, and to which i'm deferring/referring to. ask him.