Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

go1111111

There is no such thing as a probability. If they will confirm, then the probability will have been exactly 100%. If they won't, the probability will have been 100% too.
You can think of probability as being about the state of your knowledge, rather than an inherent property of the world. You already behave as if probability exists: when you drive a car you estimate the probability of a crash as between 0 and 100. You don't think it's exactly zero because you wear a seatbelt or do other things to make crashes less likely. You don't think it's 100 because otherwise you wouldn't drive.

I have no knowledge about how the events will unfold. What if the parties reach an agreement before the case starts, or the Kleiman side withdraw the evidence? I don't want to bet on these things.
This can be solved with conditional bets: if it doesn't go to trial or the trial doesn't reach a conclusion, then the bet could be canceled and we could get full refunds.

what you don't realize is that ppl here are mostly non devs (unlike yourself) with other successful lives and really don't care or won't bother to take the time to setup a childish bet on these big things. i just don't have the time or care to bet someone i've never met and quibble over the internet on the nuances, exceptions, restrictions, risks et al that it takes to set bets up.
It's really not that hard. The point of me offering to bet up to a large amount is to compensate people for any hassle. Your objection might be valid if I had offered to bet $100. Are you asking us to believe that you and everyone in this thread who believe's CSW's story about submitting the doc to the Australian government is just too busy to spend a couple hours in order to make tens of thousands of dollars? A more plausible explanation is that no one here is really that confident that CSW is telling the truth.

The kind of people who feel intimidated when someone challenges them to a bet are people who aren't that confident in what they were claiming and resent being forced to walk back their claims. If they did sincerely believe what they were claiming they'd see it as a welcome opportunity for free money.

Even worse than not accepting the bet is failing to give a probability estimate that CSW could produce such evidence if the trial went to its conclusion. There's really no excuse for that other than not wanting to admit how uncertain you are for rhetorical purposes.

Reactions: majamalu

satoshis_sockpuppet

Feb 22, 2016
I was told the nodes a ln transaction passes do only know the latest and the next step, but not the complete route.
This is true.

But it is also true, that the node gets an update from every other node if his channel balance etc. changed. Your node only knows that the TX came from node A and you transfer it to node B.
But you also see, that, after a few timesteps, node C's balance changed and than node D's and so on.

And btw., every demonstration for the LN network I've seen so far didn't use any network at all. People just create a channel with the beer-shops node and do the transaction on that channel..

So, schnorr is coming. Adam back will be excited to see bch testing his pet project.
Schnorr makes sense, I don't see any reason not to use it if it's properly implemented. I also hope, that in one year or so, no other sig's will be accepted to keep the protocol clean and easy.

There is not much to test. It doesn't change the system of Bitcoin in the slightest. It's an implementation detail of the protocol.

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
because anonymous money allows every action to be traced using legally viable methods and law.
This is not a facet of anonymous money but a factor in the way it is implemented with blockchain technology (where, incidentally, it has always been correctly by those who comprehend it as pseudonymous). CSW does it again...
[doublepost=1550428184][/doublepost]
he is certainly a very passionate and extremely intelligent man.
Well, it would certainly be tricky to take in so many otherwise intelligent people if he were a dullard.
[doublepost=1550428616,1550427728][/doublepost]
See, this kind-of makes me sad. The focus isn't increasing adoption or becoming the world currency or even displacing BTC, it's all internal shit. Mandatory six-monthly upgrades were truly a disastrous idea.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
>See, this kind-of makes me sad.

does anyone besides me consider the little to no technical discussion, let alone proof or actual research data, that goes on in these video meetings a dangerous thing? and even when a bit of discussion gets going it's mostly coming from the dev who is pushing it? i have to hope that these same devs get alot more down and dirty with the code, concepts, and economics in their private channels b/c it looks to me like they're just adding stuff willy nilly w/o a whole lot of thought or input from various parties.

Last edited:

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
so, i'll offer you something better than a dangling bet; one that has immediate finalization and certainty w/o preventing the other party from laughing in each other's face for the next 10 yrs; i'll buy 10000 BSV from you right now for 5000 BCH. don't give me an excuse that you don't have this amount since you can easily go out and get the BSV so as to "make easy money" right? i mean, why wouldn't you do it since it's "free money", right? especially since you're so convicted that CSW is a fraud and thus BSV is doomed to go to zero, this is an easy bet to make a killing, right? this is the second time you've offered a bet so this simple tx should be a no brainer to prove your manhood, right?

Reactions: sgbett
>See, this kind-of makes me sad.

does anyone besides me consider the little to no technical discussion, let alone proof or actual research data, that goes on in these video meetings a dangerous thing? and even when a bit of discussion gets going it's mostly coming from the dev who is pushing it? i have to hope that these same devs get alot more down and dirty with the code, concepts, and economics in their private channels b/c it looks to me like they're just adding stuff willy nilly w/o a whole lot of thought or input from various parties.
As a journalist I hate videos. Much more work to get and quote the relevant parts. It's an escape from public discussion.

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
Interesting, but my prediction is that nothing much about anyone's view is going to change based on any new information.

Investment weighted cognitive dissonance is very real.

Look at how many people cannot accept substitute goods will prevent a reliable and 'successful' BTC fee market, because they hold BTC.

If you despise patents or love emin you will just move on to the next set of arguments that seem convincing.