Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
I think it would be a good idea for BU in general to find out what the network graph for miners and the network as a whole look like.
You mean spend money on something that CSW and Don Sanders have claimed to have done already?

How much would you (Norway, not BU) pay me for a system that would allow them to prove that they can do it, without revealing the actual BTC / BCH / BSV network topology?

(the flipside is that it might end up proving they CANNOT do it, but that's what science is about)

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@freetrader
You mean spend money on something that CSW and Don Sanders have claimed to have done already?
No
How much would you (Norway, not BU) pay me for a system that would allow them to prove that they can do it, without revealing the actual BTC / BCH / BSV network topology?

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015

Reactions: Norway

BCH King

Jan 15, 2018
https://medium.com/@craig_10243/why-i-troll-5304f2cbbfc3

If Alice and Bob discover a valid block at exactly the same time, but Alice can propagate her block to other miners faster than Bob, then Alice still wins, as she will be seen as the first one.
I always struggle to parse CSW's writings, but surely this is incorrect.

If Bob continues mining on his block and finds (maybe he is really lucky) another block on top of his, and then propagates his block out to other miners before another block is mined on top of Alice's, then Bob wins.
[doublepost=1543287401,1543286314][/doublepost]
if Bob was notified, he would know that other miners are going to now be already building on Alice’s block and that his is no longer worth continuing with.
How could he possibly know his block was not worth continuing with, until he saw Alice's block had been built on?

BCH King

Jan 15, 2018
So, as soon as Bob sees Alice’s block, Bob will stop mining on block 0 and start mining on Alice’s block 1.
Well of course, but CSW has already stated that Bob has found his own block 1. What am I missing?

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
if @cypherdoc or other SV supporters could say 1 or 2 points why SV is more compelling then ABC i'd like to hear it.

i'm sure its been discused before, but i cant seems to find basic talking points.

you like big block and SV blocks are the biggest?

Reactions: molecular

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
i think market is being fooled by a overly confident man called CSW.

while ABC is doing themselfs a disservice trying to legitimately debate their case from a technical stand point.

no one understands, but they do hear CSW's confidants in himself and utter lack of respect for other ideas, and they do understand THAT.

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016

CSW is like the trump of crypto.
so entertaining!
and i like what he says most of the time, i'm just not sure i should trust that hes right... idk... it kinda seems like hes selling us a pipe dream that he will never be able to deliver on, while ABC is selling the less interesting but working version. is the ABC road map as bad as he would like us to believe, is it really that much different then SV?

i'm gana have to let the market do what it does best, and let it figure out what's best.

majamalu

Aug 28, 2015
Calvin has put an end to the hash war. BSV will have replay protection.

Perhaps we are witnessing the rebirth of "Satoshi's vision" -- as many seem to believe here. But I wouldn't rule out that he has come to the conclusion that it's cheaper to pump a coin than to wage a hash war.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
@Christoph Bergmann

Removing P2SH isn’t interrupting with the protocol?
Probably too, but not as much as ABC.
The ABC miners have already proven their willingness to destroy Satoshi's vision when they promised to destroy the blockstream chain with their Bitcoin Unlimited CPU power, and then did the opposite.
They risked nothing and instead created more Bitcoin chains. These dominating miners sell hardware and maintain exchanges for the thousand chains that they help to create. They are much more some kind of opportunistic, unprincipled Multicoiners than Bitcoiners.

I will prefer SV over ABC, as long as SV does not provide similar destructive behavior, which of course is always conceivable.

wrstuv31

Nov 26, 2017
I'm not happy that there was a split, it seems the major invested parties in BCH realized something new and made their choices. Since, I have observed ABC representatives looking to add newer features, layers, and specialized OP_CODE's into the protocol. SV is not. If both are determined to exist, I think the least risky choice in the long run is SV, regardless of my thoughts on how blockchains should be designed. Least risky in crypto is still quite risky.

Whitepapers are meant to give concise, high level guidance that enables readers to make decisions. The whitepaper should be read as if every example is essential to the system as a whole, and no more examples are necessary. Doing so, should reveal a design that hasn't been implemented yet.