Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
@hodl: Is that true, though? If I just look at their table, they have priced internal combustion electricity (is that gas turbines, so non-renewable?) at 4.8 $ / mo*kW. It is odd that they priced the upper things all in "/ month*kW" and the lower ones in MWh.

Anyways, converting units, I end up with $6.6 / MWh for the first entry. Or am I reading something wrong here?

In any case, I think Bitcoin mining will soon hit a saturation point in terms of energy used. I think this will actually be a sign of maturity.

I think a saturation, and *not* a bubble with a strong decline would be a sign of Bitcoin surviving in the long term. Some decline might happen, of course.

Sure Bitcoin's energy usage isn't pretty, but the things propping up the legacy banking system aren't at all pretty, either.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Yes, I know the christian propaganda. Yes, land loss leads to pigs and rats killing each other, chimps going to war and some tribes that even begin to encourage suicide. Civilization is the most disgusting development you can imagine. What the so called earthling (there is a documentation on youtube) is doing to the animals has nothing comparable in a natural environment. It is unspellable.

Once upon a time it was different.

Everett: When I asked them why are you laughing, they said: “She killed herself. That’s really funny to us. We don’t kill ourselves. You mean, you people, you white people shoot yourselves in the head? We kill animals, we don’t kill ourselves.” They just found it absolutely inexplicable, and without precedent in their own experience that someone would kill themselves.

https://lingualeo.com/pt/jungle/the-suicide-paradox-422598#/page/1

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
@Zarathustra, from the article:

EVERETT: And as I’ve told this story, some people have suggested that, well it’s because they don’t have the stresses of modern life. But that’s just not true. There is almost one hundred percent endemic malaria among the people. They’re sick a lot. Their children die at probably about seventy-five percent. Seventy-five percent of the children die before they reach the age of five or six. These are astounding pressures.
Your answer is right there. Apart from the atrocious conditions of having to deal with Malaria, did it occur to you that an exogenous pressure on their population might actually lessen the endogenous pressures?

Remove that pressure and they'll likely start to wage war against other tribes.

There is one thing that I am quite sure kills a lot of males is the current day: Rampant gynocentrism. Mal-adaption from exactly our time in the jungle. Suicide is gendered. Interestingly enough, you seem to have a blind spot right there.

And I absolutely get it: Civilization introduced a new kind of violence "structural violence" into the mix and I see the point you are repeatedly making here. But it is far from the only problem humanity has and there never was any kind of utopia.

What is your hangup with Christianity, by the way? Civilizations exist outside of Christianity's influence. I am saying that as an Atheist / Agnostic.

molecular

Aug 31, 2015
excellent article.

One thing struck me:

Just like with cryptography itself, flaws in implementation often pose the highest risk to solidifying intended behavior. For example, it is well known that a wallet who does not change receive addresses make it much easier to identify a user. Some wallets sacrificed this advantage intentionally when fees started to rise since it would cost their users money to use many addresses, especially upon consolidation.
Does this make sense? Given same number of unspent outputs, will the consolidating tx really be smaller when the outputs are to the same address?

hodl

Feb 13, 2017
BBC documentary on bitcoin in 56 minutes from now.

Link to live streaming om BBC One:
http://tvcatchup.com/watch/bbcone
pretty negative; but what would one expect?

yes, the attempt of TPTB to push back has only begun.
[doublepost=1518469223][/doublepost]>Does this make sense? Given same number of unspent outputs, will the consolidating tx really be smaller when the outputs are to the same address?

@molecular yep, that one made no sense to me either.

majamalu

Aug 28, 2015
Yes, I know the christian propaganda. Yes, land loss leads to pigs and rats killing each other, chimps going to war and some tribes that even begin to encourage suicide. Civilization is the most disgusting development you can imagine.
Infanticide in cases of children with some disability, or who are deemed cursed, is an ancestral practice that has only begun to decline thanks to contact with civilization.

It is difficult to find a purer natural environment, or a tribe in a more pristine state, than the one shown in the video.

rocks

Sep 24, 2015
This part is interesting
CoinGeek will provide participants in the challenge with access to, and licences (limited for use on the Bitcoin Cash blockchain), to use certain assets from nChain’s patent portfolio for use within their solution. The list of designated assets from nChain’s patent portfolio will be provided to entering participants, upon completion of the entry registration process and acceptance of the Contest Rules and any competition agreement.

It should be noted that participant’s solutions will be evaluated both on how well their solution meets the stated objectives, and their effectiveness in making use of some or all of nChain’s designated intellectual property assets.

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
Your answer is right there. Apart from the atrocious conditions of having to deal with Malaria, did it occur to you that an exogenous pressure on their population might actually lessen the endogenous pressures?
I'm guessing that they don't have much of a written record either. That means that such things are soon forgotten. And we also communicate things over a larger population. Would it surprise you to hear that I know no one who has killed themselves first-hand? I mean, I know it happens but it's not happening at a huge rate (Though I would agree with that being a matter of opinion). However, from Wikipedia:

The annual age-adjusted suicide rate is 13.26 per 100,000 individuals.
How big were these tribes? Would they even recognize suicide? Perhaps people just die with the equivalent of "Cleaning their guns".
[doublepost=1518564933][/doublepost]
Does this make sense? Given same number of unspent outputs, will the consolidating tx really be smaller when the outputs are to the same address?
You can do some consolidation by including high-value borderline dust in regular transactions. I'm not sure if any wallets are doing this. I know I heard some avoid creating dust by adding a bit extra fee if the change would be small.

Just reusing addresses does not help anything though. It's still a UTXO and there's no discount for including inputs from the same address.

Last edited:

hodl

Feb 13, 2017

Tom Zander

Jun 2, 2016
Flowee just got easier to build; on yours.
https://www.yours.org/content/flowee-just-got-easier-to-build-8f9600feba99

Bottom line is that Flowee is shaping up and now we got rid of the automake build system.

Anyone active in Bitcoin Cash is welcome to join the project as the main reason for being is to pave the way for the next billion users actually using it in stores, on chain and in places we haven't thought about yet.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
The race is on to build the winner takes all cryptocurrency. The metrics I follow show LiteCoin and Ethereum as serious contenders. While they are in may ways less viable than Bitcoin BCH they have fast growing network effects.

I just want to express my gratitude to the majority of members here who are actually doing things, making Bitcoin BCH the best form of money, notably @Peter R @theZerg @solex @sickpig @deadalnix @Peter Tschipper @Mengerian and the unmentioned. Thank you all.
[doublepost=1518637456][/doublepost]One of the issues I see in bitcoin is akin to an autoimmune disease. We need to grow our way out of it.

The video above was created by a communications professional who instinctively knew what I've tried to express in the tweet below. Erik Voorhees (shapeshift) despite having expressed an understanding of bitcoin economics has said many times he would fork away from Core if they did not increase the 1MB transaction capacity, he has ignored the fact that Bitcoin has forked away from Core, and still maintains his cognitive dissonance referring to it as just Bitcoin.