Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Flowee just got easier to build; on yours.
https://www.yours.org/content/flowee-just-got-easier-to-build-8f9600feba99

Bottom line is that Flowee is shaping up and now we got rid of the automake build system.

Anyone active in Bitcoin Cash is welcome to join the project as the main reason for being is to pave the way for the next billion users actually using it in stores, on chain and in places we haven't thought about yet.
@Tom Zander Can you give a TLDR; about Flowee for stupid people like me? And... are you going to Tokyo? Let me know!

@lunar I didn't get the BCH moment in that documentary. I love the screen capture, though it's not possibible to see for "normal people".

The cool thing is: That tv moment is not good PR for BCH (vs BTC) because it's invisible. BUT: It's there for a reason! Real turf beats PR in the long run.

In other news... I started a company today with another person (a great man. an early adopter, an insane hardcore LISP nerd, BCH guy) building around the domain bitcoin.no. It will be all about the bitcoin version that people can actually use, and not about the choked, segwit-perverted version of bitoin.
[doublepost=1518643766][/doublepost]@Peter R : I want to improve your SigSafe idea. Tell me why I'm wrong. Help me kill my idea as soon as possible. I don't want to waste time on my own ideas if they are bad ;)

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
@Norway

There's also this, from a few seconds later ;-) Admittedly it's not exactly PR. I just found it funny the only time he actually uses bitcoin it's BCH

[doublepost=1518648167,1518647199][/doublepost]@AdrianX

Erik Voorhees stance has confused me too? Of all the original libertarian and economically literate, early adopters, i'd have thought he would be right up there with Roger Ver, pushing for bitcoin to be money. I guess he's making too much of it from the altcoin bonanza. cough.. sellout.

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
Anyone active in Bitcoin Cash is welcome to join the project as the main reason for being is to pave the way for the next billion users actually using it in stores, on chain and in places we haven't thought about yet.
Any plans to have a Bitcoin Core compatible version? Might be an interesting experiment. I wouldn't expect you to implement Segwit of course since it's completely optional :)
[doublepost=1518655099][/doublepost]
In other news... I started a company today with another person (a great man. an early adopter, an insane hardcore LISP nerd, BCH guy) building around the domain bitcoin.no. It will be all about the bitcoin version that people can actually use, and not about the choked, segwit-perverted version of bitoin.
Please be sure to have something on the url http://bitcoin.no/bitcoincash.yes

BCH King

Jan 15, 2018
I would like your opinion on the cointext FAQ. Specifically around

Where it said:
CoinText leverages each phone number as a unique identifier and puts them through a proprietary algorithm.
I'm fairly certain that if you tried this with enough phone numbers you could crack this algorithm and discover all the private keys. Can anyone provide proof that this is/isn't the case?

I'm fairly certain about these flaws:
  • The person/people that wrote the algorithm can simply exit scam at any point
  • I can spoof someone's phone number and send a 'SEND' text to steal their funds.
Don't get me wrong, I think it really is a fascinating concept and could be really exciting without these flaws, but I foresee a train wreck. If anyone wants a few cents to try this out and lives in United States, Canada, United Kingdom, and Australia, please PM your phone number and I'll text you some BCH on chain.

These commands work:
  • HELP
  • SEND
  • BALANCE
~~I'm struggling to get the following commands to work, which is also rather worrying:

• DEPOSIT
  • WITHDRAW~~
EDIT: I worked out that it only supports legacy addresses which is a bit shit. Works OK now, but I'm not putting anything other than toy money in it.

EDIT2: Well I wasn't able to steal my own funds by using spoofmytextmessage.com so they are cleverer than I am, but are they cleverer than the black hats?

Last edited:

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
@lunar it's Erick's cognitive bias that concerns me, he says one thing but does another.
i haven't been keeping track of who says what... but i thought Erick was very sympathetic to BCH.
didnt the small blockers give him pop for not calling it bcash, and AFAIK its still call bitcoin cash on shapshift, and they are STILL whining about it.
i think Erick's problem is that he dosnt want to appear to take a side, especially not the less popular side.. if he gets to political shapeshift will probably lose out on some profits...

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
i think Erick's problem is that he dosnt want to appear to take a side, especially not the less popular side.
Yes, that's it to some degree, if you don't like those principals I have others.

He's reacting to social compliance training. On principle he's said if we don't increase the block size within X time I'll support forking away from Core, he just keeps moving the goalposts, and now that people have forked away from Core he's still supporting the Core narrative. In his last apology calling the Bitcoin differentiator between Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Core a mistake, and redefining the Core narrative of Bitcoin is the official bitcoin implying bitcoin cash is not Bitcoin.

The fact is they are both Bitcoin.

Bitcoin BTC (aka Segwit or Core) is the majority hash power fork, and Bitcoin BCH (aka Cash) is a viable minority fork. Both are Bitcoin. Good communication to avoid confusion would be to acknowledge they are both Bitcoin and change the narrative from there is one Bitcoin by calling one Bitcoin BTC and the other Bitcoin BCH, there is no official bitcoin, you can define the bitcoin in the lead as the most worked chain.

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
I still think Erick secretly loves BCH and considers it the better choice.
But in public he puts his politically correct hat on.

The fact is they are both Bitcoin.
pretty sure your wrong.
pretty sure bitcoinCash is bitcoin, and everyone hasn't realized that yet...

i mean either that's the case, or bitcoin died and no one noticed... ( o_O softforks are a hell of a drug! )

Last edited:

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
pretty sure bitcoinCash is bitcoin, and everyone hasn't realized that yet...
Bitcoin BCH is bitcoin, it's just at this time there are 2 viable forks of bitcoin. The economic incentives in Bitcoin ensure Bitcoin BCH is Bitcoin. Bitcoin BTC won't survive the Lightning Network if it doesn't remove the transaction limit.

I am a supporter of Bitcoin BTC SoV - Digital Gold ;-), in good conscience I just can't recomend it as an investment.

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
BTC might survive, they might bump the limit just enough so it dont die. and most poeple may refer to it as bitcoin simply bitcoin.

but it wont matter. in the end its just a name.

what really matter is the epic amount of money ill make when poeple start using crypto to buy their morning coffe.

call it bcash, call me greedy...

hodl

Feb 13, 2017
maybe you guys will find this interesting.

i'm a big fan of 200DMA's. since we don't yet have 200 days into BCH history, i decided to go down to my next longest favorite timeframe, the hourly, to plot/analyze the 200HMA (hourly moving avg) to try and gauge the relative strength of the latest BCH/BTC ramp that we just had compared to the last and only other one since the top that started around 1/6/18. the first set of arrows on the left show the time btwn the bottom on 1/6/18 and the turning up of the 200HMA on 1/10/18: it took 106 hours or btwn 4-5 days. this last one, indicated by the two arrows over on the right of the chart, took 26 hours, or just over 1 day.

this current move was a strong one guys, that yanked the 200HMA up almost immediately in a V-like bottom while also pushing price back above the 200HMA. that's not easy to do unless there was alot of fiat or BTC hanging out on the sidelines waiting for an opportunity to pounce on this latest dip to exchange for BCH, BCH's. it's bullish afaic:

this latest bump up will keep the 200HMA turning up. looks to me like we've bottomed:

Reactions: majamalu

Mengerian

Staff member
Aug 29, 2015
@BCH King I was also quite interested to read the Cointext whitepaper to find out how it works. So it's quite unsatisfying that all it says about how it works is:
CoinText leverages each phone number as a unique identifier and puts them through a proprietary algorithm.
It seems that if this "proprietary algorithm" were discovered, leaked, or somehow obtained through hacking, then all funds in all Cointext addresses could be trivially stolen. Simply put every number that fits the format of a phone number through the "proprietary algorithm", and you have access to all the money in all Cointext addresses.

This is a catastrophic failure mode. It's a single secret that has to be maintained in perpetuity, and can't be changed for the system to keep working.

I hate to be a naysayer, but this seems like a recipe for disaster.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
@Zarathustra, from the article:

Your answer is right there. Apart from the atrocious conditions of having to deal with Malaria, did it occur to you that an exogenous pressure on their population might actually lessen the endogenous pressures?

Remove that pressure and they'll likely start to wage war against other tribes.
60 percent survive childhood.

http://www.unm.edu/~hkaplan/KaplanHillLancasterHurtado_2000_LHEvolution.pdf

I dont know what you want to insinuate here. Anthropological studies show us that warfare is an invention of the post-paleolitic homines sapientes, who arrived with the destruction of anarchy by the installation of patriarchy (church and state). Stateless communities are self-sufficient. Their life does not depend on trading with other tribes or on enslaving (taxing) strangers. That's the difference between the community and the society (= between anarchy and patriarchy).

There is one thing that I am quite sure kills a lot of males is the current day: Rampant gynocentrism. Mal-adaption from exactly our time in the jungle. Suicide is gendered. Interestingly enough, you seem to have a blind spot right there.
What blind spot? I neither support patriarchy nor matriarchy. The absence of patriarchy is not matriarchy. It's anarchy.

And I absolutely get it: Civilization introduced a new kind of violence "structural violence" into the mix and I see the point you are repeatedly making here. But it is far from the only problem humanity has and there never was any kind of utopia.
New kind of violence? There is no (noteworthy) violence among the paleolitic homines sapientes just like there is no war among the pan paniscus. Civilize pigs/rats/chicken/dogs - and you'll be able to observe how they they transform into killers.

What is your hangup with Christianity, by the way? Civilizations exist outside of Christianity's influence. I am saying that as an Atheist / Agnostic.
Anarchist south american communities suffered from the organized violence of the Christians. It's the Christians who destroyed anarchy there and enslaved the people who lived in anarchy.

Oh disgust - disgust - disgust !

But yes, of course, Civilization does not depend on this specific religion. It depends on organized violence (church and state).

And yes, offspring with disabilities without a chance to survive does not survive in a natural environment. But again, that kind of violence is nothing compared to the violence among civilized humans. In our civilized environment (besides Switzerland) you even don't have the possibility to pass away if you want.

We also cannot compare paleolitic communities with the rain forest communities of today.
Civilization is thousands of years old, also in South America, and some tribes are the holdover of collapsed societies.

Last edited:

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Infanticide in cases of children with some disability, or who are deemed cursed, is an ancestral practice that has only begun to decline thanks to contact with civilization.

It is difficult to find a purer natural environment, or a tribe in a more pristine state, than the one shown in the video.

About the christian propaganda:

https://www.survivalinternational.org/news/4344

Reactions: throwaway

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
BTC might survive, they might bump the limit just enough so it dont die. and most poeple may refer to it as bitcoin simply bitcoin.
By holding BCH, I think I am betting on exactly BTC being unable to remove or otherwise change the limit now.

And I think this is the right bet, also after repeated and lengthy pondering about all the economic implications. We'll see though.

As soon as they (=the """community""" == Blockstream's propaganda) want to raise it, Popcorn stocks will rise IMO.

This is bound to get interesting.