Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

hodl

Feb 13, 2017
i've had numerous, long, protracted, bizarre arguments with that acct over the last year or more. always about LN. at first, i thought it might be Jorge Timon, as it has a dismissive, authoritarian like argumentative style. but now, as i think back on it, it argues like my wife; i'm right, you're wrong, and you have no idea what you're talking about. now, this isn't a slap against women, as my wife is unique and unto her own, unlike anybody i've ever met. :LOL:

but yeah, Elizabeth Stark now makes perfect sense as it is always trolling r/btc and always about LN. she has the most to lose if BCH takes off.

KoKansei

Mar 5, 2016
Reactions: Norway and AdrianX

hodl

Feb 13, 2017
@hodl It seems weird that the account doesn't respond to your direct address. Is Ms. Stark perchance a homesteading lesbian, then?

https://www.reddit.com/r/homestead/comments/3rcntk/how_long_can_chickens_be_left_alone/
http://archive.is/TBAfP

https://www.reddit.com/r/rvs/comments/1yxhfm/anyone_have_any_experience_with_coachmen_travel/
http://archive.is/PqWc3

Multiple references to "my wife" in the above links.
that's interesting. i don't know.

those wife references undermines my theory b/c i've seen posts about her being some guys (dev) girlfriend in the past as well as her being a potential gold digger. can't explain it.

hodl

Feb 13, 2017
two lower gaps filled. can GBTC get all the way back up to fill the third? sure. the counter argument being that the BTC chart itself definitively closed below the 200DMA potentially turning the long term trend down. but a big bounce from here can't be ruled out to fill that gap:

Reactions: Zarathustra

rocks

Sep 24, 2015
@deadalnix I think the only reason Bitcoin Cash survived that was that Core made an equal mistake of not following through on the NYA.
The NYA would have been the worst of all situations. It would have taken momentum away from BCH, but even with a block size increase the problems of Core's limitations on Bitcoin's would still be in place. For me the blocksize issue was secondary to the issue of what functionality Bitcoin supports on the main chain. BTC's fees have dropped quite a bit recently, but that is not taking away from the momentum building for Cash on the development side now. Prior to Nov I only transferred small amounts of BTC to BCH solely due to the NYA threat, now I wonder why I haven't converted everything...

Not implementing replay protection would have made the BCH ledger very close to a pure superset of the BTC ledger and would have made for an easier upgrade.
Initially with Satoshi's Bitcoin I thought this way, and that is why the trial forks I tested (before going MIA for awhile) did not have reply protection. However what happened was the networks would diverge anyway since the block rewards were different and they slowly make their way through the UTXO set. I think Bitcoin Cash did the right thing.

Justus Ranvier

Aug 28, 2015
The NYA would have been the worst of all situations. It would have taken momentum away from BCH, but even with a block size increase the problems of Core's limitations on Bitcoin's would still be in place.
Agree.

BTC's fees have dropped quite a bit recently, but that is not taking away from the momentum building for Cash on the development side now.
That's because everybody knows the fees will immediately go back up as soon as they actually try to use it.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
@deadalnix I think the only reason Bitcoin Cash survived that was that Core made an equal mistake of not following through on the NYA.
I'm not sure how I feel about Core blocking the 2MB hard fork, I for one would have kept BCH alive until BTC had successfully made the fork from 2MB to 4MB. I think @deadalnix did the correct thing adding replay protection. We didn't have enough "Hearts and Minds" to fork without it, and working with it has separate the wheat from the chaff. We are in a much stronger position because of the way things went down for whatever reasons.
[doublepost=1518229221][/doublepost]
It would have taken momentum away from BCH, but even with a block size increase the problems of Core's limitations on Bitcoin's would still be in place.
I don't think so, I was prepared to short S2X and S1X under certain senarios. The best thing happened only because I am now 2 moves ahead of where I was predicting back then.
[doublepost=1518229452][/doublepost]
That's because everybody knows the fees will immediately go back up as soon as they actually try to use it.
LOL, I think you are overestimating the understanding of the vast majority of people who are invested in BTC. Honestly, I don't think they know. I think they may still believe it was a spam attack.

rocks

Sep 24, 2015
Agree.
That is definitely part of it, but I think interest in Cash has much more to do with functionality and the opportunity to build applications that use Cash. Not many people are actually using BCH as currency today, transactions are fairly low. Instead it feels there is much more momentum on the developer side and with adoption by services. After the May fork it will be interesting to see how that continues. BCH feels like deja vu with 2011 in this respect.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
The way we live is admitedly far from ideal but I'll take it over dying young from starvation, some easily treated infection/disease or being eaten by a mountain lion. As to what I do, I try to live with the mindset of a free man and preach the ideals of liberty whenever it seems it would make a difference (and often when it won't). To quote a fictional character from a book,

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
Starvation is mainly an invention of the civilization. Billions of people suffering from it. No such thing in a natural environment.