Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
they need to turn off their hashing power or divert it to BTC for a while. so that we get a few more of these -20% dif adjustments
I'm not sure this strategy would work because the price could certainly take a dive as a result of diminishing miner support.

But it could work if done as a public strategy. I give you:

The Diff Adjust Holiday! (DAH)
- Bitcoin Cash-supporting mining pools announce that they will support the DAH. (@Jihan @Haiyang @Rogerver I'm talking to you here...)

- The DAH must have a clear last date and time, and not be too long.

- The DAH should start as soon as possible.

- Miners supporting DAH will reduce their hashpower to Bitcoin Cash during the holiday.

The price of Bitoin Cash will probably be reduced during the DAH, but bounce back up when the hashpower comes back to Bitcoin Cash after the holiday. The key here is that this hashpower is predictable. This could be a great opportunity to buy more Bitcoin Cash.
[doublepost=1501837131,1501836416][/doublepost]Supporting mining pools should announce at the same time, and the holiday should start immediately after the announcement. Don't give anybody time to counter the effect of the DAH with hostile mining.
[doublepost=1501837957][/doublepost]To be clear: The whole purpose of DAH is to make mining of Bitcoin Cash more profitable than mining Bitcoin Settlement.

NewLiberty

Aug 28, 2015
If coordinated the DAH could drop difficulty in a bit over 12 hours, and the strategy it can be foiled (at a cost) by opposition. Meanwhile, more profit for those that switch to mine the core chain during the exercise.
It can be part of the economic game.
If successful, it could be followed by a burst increase in mining to get many blocks swiftly and profitably.

If the maneuver is foiled, then Cash is co-opting opposition miners to progress the chain at a loss to them, whilst profitably mining the Core chain. Blocks found during the exercise could be withheld until > two hours pass per block.

Last edited:
Reactions: AdrianX and Norway

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
new block.
didnt clear the mempool. but could have.
the miner appears to have a 2mb soft limit.
this is very cool to see, a miner willing to leave some money on the table!
if other miners fallow suit and impose a soft limit of 2mb fee's will rise! whats good for miners is good for me. might be time to fire up my unlimited nodes and encourage a lower soft limit of ~2mb by setting EB and AD appropriately

Reactions: lunar and Norway

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016

i cant even...... i dont even...... o_O

somthing is wrong with him, like hes being held at gun point by some government agent and this is his way of letting us know that without saying that, because he knows he's being monitored.

quickly some kidnap luke and bring him to a safe place!

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
I'm trying to figure out how Bitcoin Cash could grind to a halt with lower prices and hostile miners gaming the emergency diff adjust. But I can't really find a realistic scenario as long as we are patient.

If a hostile miner keep going at a little over 6 blocks per 12 hours, the hostile miner alone will mine at a loss but still get us to a difficulty adjustment in a couple of months.

And without a hostile miner, it's a fairly cheap task to bring down the difficulty. The biggest job is allready done.

It's a clever rule, this emergency diff adjustment :sneaky:
[doublepost=1501884720][/doublepost]With no viable kill-scenario, I'll probably stock up on more Bitcoin Cash :unicorn:

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
difficulty adjustment in a couple of months.
what about the normal 2 week adjustment?

once that hits wont the dif be just about right for 10min blocks ( given that hashing power does not fall after the readjustment )

is there a limit down on this adjustment??

throwaway

Aug 28, 2015
The normal adjustment is every 2016 blocks; if blocks are coming slowly it will take more than 2 weeks.

Edit: btc over 3100!

Edit 2: I wonder which exchanges are leading the price surge, the ones with bitcoin cash trading? The ones without? Both?

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
@throwaway

both, but i think the rise is BCC related, BCC died today so BTC was felt relieved about that.

the chain split, no one was sure which side would win, now its clear that BCC will NOT win, and so BTC wins!

Reactions: bluemoon

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
When you look at the game theory and the economics Marcus and Loaded are threatening to play the finite game, while we are playing the infinite game. They can't win, all they do is lower difficulty, a low difficulty just makes for bigger profits for miners to move over to BCC when their pockets rung dry.

If they want to win they should pump the BTC price higher in a sustainable way. and there is an army of Bitcoin holding new adopters who think 100% return on an investment is a good time to sell, I don't even need to threaten to dump BTC to compete, others are going to do it for us.

Daniel Krawisz wrote a nice article where he pointed out how this is going to shake out a lot of investors, and as a result of evolution, there will be more investors left that think like him. he suggests just holding and watching the ego's battle it out whoever wins he wins and there will be more investors who think like he does so things will run better in the future. (he does not think highly of developers seeking control ;))

Dusty

Mar 14, 2016
LOL for "powerblock"... seems like totally low level marketing shit.
Why not a simpler "bigger blocks"?
Or even a "dynamic block size" would be better IMVHO

Reactions: solex

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
Small blockers, Marcus and Loaded threaten to dump BCC to oblivion.
It's a shame marcus went the way he did, he used to be quite an intelligent, and rational poster. Politics has left many with blind spots.

Going to leave this here, as record in case that post gets deleted. Loadeds bet with Roger, now seems like it's with the entire BCC fork. Good luck with that. (y)

Reactions: AdrianX and solex