Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

NewLiberty

Aug 28, 2015
Bitcoin Cash is currently at 19% of Bitcoin's value, so there should be a good incentive to mine.

Fear of re-orgs?
Difficulty still makes it very unprofitable to mine. Current miners are making the sacrifice, it is costing millions in opportunity costs.
Difficulty needs a few adjustments down first, then it could become profitable to mine.
That's when the price war begins. Win that, and win all the hashpower.
[doublepost=1501685631][/doublepost]Then the real work begins, running the whole works without breaking things:
Un-breaking the core code.
Fix disabled OP_Codes.
Better UIs
CPfP for unmalliable TX
Scale for mass adoption
Turing completeness
All on chain with no protocol changes.

NewLiberty

Aug 28, 2015
It's not profitable to mine it at this difficulty level. I still don't get it. Is there a hidden deeper reason why the difficulty adjustment has been designed in a way that prevents profitability for weeks or even months?
It could get to 13% of current difficulty within 2 days, if blocks were >2 hours apart.

Maybe not an attack?
I'm not sure I'm buying the explanation, but ok.
https://news.bitcoin.com/the-trading-center-in-hk-where-they-mined-most-of-the-bitcoin-cash-blocks/

el lurkero

Aug 2, 2017
let me make more specific question:
can I spend segwit coins now, and have cash coins remain unspent in those wallets/keys in that case ?
I suspect answer is yes, but I am not sure.
I think when armory devs enable cash coin spending, segwit coins might lose much of the current value, actually, that will be the only "reason" for making cash coins spendable through armory.
How right is that line of thinking ?

Reactions: AdrianX

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
It could get to 13% of current difficulty within 2 days, if blocks were >2 hours apart.

Maybe not an attack?
I'm not sure I'm buying the explanation, but ok.
https://news.bitcoin.com/the-trading-center-in-hk-where-they-mined-most-of-the-bitcoin-cash-blocks/
"Since switching back to the main chain, the Hong Kong miner doesn’t think they will mine it again. He doesn’t believe his “friends” will jump back into mining BCH either."

And then they mined another block....

Who is able to mine at 500 PH just for fun?

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
Who is able to mine at 500 PH just for fun?
its cost them ~10BTC pre block that they mine ( if we factor in the BCC coins they get in return )
kinda high advertising cost... but they did get a lot of publicity

But, Probably, they are "attacking" and saying its "for fun" to not seem like bad guys.

Last edited:

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
What to do if my coins are in armory ?
Just Hodl!

Assuming nothing changes when you need to move them, Move the BTC first to an address you control, and sweep the private key using a Bitcoin Cash wallet. Armory in expert mode will give you access to your private keys.

But in all reality other more simple solutions may happen if BCC catches on.

@el lurkero I believe it is safe to just spend the BTC coins from armory the BCC coins won't be broadcast or relayed on the BitcoinCash network they will stay unmoved and associated to the private keys in armory. this is my understanding of how the replay protection works.

if you want to check use https://blockchair.com/bitcoin-cash/blocks put your public key in the search at the top of the page it will show you the key's balance on both forks.

Last edited:

el lurkero

Aug 2, 2017
but I assume price of segwit coin will change, towards zero,
so
I would like to dump segwit coin now, and be sure to hodl cash coins.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Someone trying to suffocate BCC by not resetting the diff at each block.
Indirectly they are supporting the network, they are securing transactions, minimizing reorgs preserving value, lets see how this plays out. It's a like foreplay, longer the better, provided you don't lose interest, in the end it makes for a more rewarding fork.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
but I assume price of segwit coin will change, towards zero,
so
I would like to dump segwit coin now, and be sure to hodl cash coins.
@el lurkero I would never recommend you sell on a hunch, It's too early to tell what happens to SegCoin,

It could very well be the FED, IMF and the BIS will be going all in on SegCoin while the people some 5,000,000,000 will be going all in on Bitcoin Cash. I can't imagine everyone bidding against each other for the privilege to write 1 of 2000 transaction every 10 minutes lasting long, but maybe they follow through on the capacity increase.

If you want to sell search you publick key on https://blockchair.com/bitcoin-cash/blocks (see both BCC and BTC balance.)

send BTC from armory to a new address you control check the publick keys on https://blockchair.com/bitcoin-cash/blocks again - see BCC on the old key - and BTC on the new key. Done.