Ethereum

minhtito

Mar 15, 2016
Step-by-step guide to enable instant buy on Coinbase, exchange for Ether and earn passive income on Bitfinex
medium.com/@ethereumvn

_mr_e

Aug 28, 2015
Does anybody else find it strange that the only thing @Matthew Light has done here since creating a new account is heavily pump ethereum? There had been so many signs of a massive ether pump from Reddit PM spam to new joiners across all forums and subreddits pumping ether as the bitcoin destroyer. It's all very strange, and why I never rebought since getting out at 0.015.

Matthew Light

Dec 25, 2015
Does anybody else find it strange that the only thing @Matthew Light has done here since creating a new account is heavily pump ethereum? There had been so many signs of a massive ether pump from Reddit PM spam to new joiners across all forums and subreddits pumping ether as the bitcoin destroyer. It's all very strange, and why I never rebought since getting out at 0.015.
If you look at my posts here in December and early January, I didn't say anything at all about Ethereum. Instead I was very interested in Bitcoin and how it could achieve its potential. I began to buy in late January after the Hearn letter, the massive drop, and yes I got the spam email on Reddit a couple times. Was pissed off and went over to /r/ethereum to bitch about it. Read some stuff, looked at the price action, and decided to put in 20% of my BTC.

Over the next month as I continued to educate myself and watched the miners stab Classic in the back, I continued to move into Ethereum. I sold my last Bitcoin in March, telling myself that if Bitcoin ever showed signs of throwing off the stranglehold of Adam Back, I would buy back in.

To me, Ethereum embodies the spirit and possibility of what Bitcoin is about, while BlockstreamCoin does not anymore.

But I'll stop posting here on bitco.in since my contributions are not wanted.

All the best,

Matthew

VeritasSapere

Nov 16, 2015
No need to stop posting if you ask me @Matthew Light, the altcoins could well become the savoir of the cryptocurrency revolution that Bitcoin started.

I tried out the GUI wallet mist, its very slick, and makes Ethereum much more usable for most people. It is good to know Ethereum are putting an emphasis on this. It felt a bit strange before that Ethereum had such a large market cap without even having a GUI wallet. Was happy to see this development and it has made it much easier moving my coins around now. :)

https://github.com/ethereum/mist/releases

Reactions: 8up and freetrader

allegro101

Dec 15, 2015
bitcoinnewsmagazine.com
I like Ether and hope it succeeds but I closed my position when the market topped out. Right now the chart looks like the usual altcoin pump and dump. Now if Ether price can advance past the all time high that would be a first and I would buy back in. The only other altcoins I have positions in are Litecoin and Monero. Monero looks like it has a good future. Because of the anonymity provided if the drug markets on Tor adopt Monero price will soar. If Bitcoin runs into trouble at the halving the Chinese holders will likely move Bitcoin into Litecoin so worth following closely. These are interesting times.

I dont know why some of you think that promoting any cryptocurrency, including ethereum, will damage bitcoin. The more cryptocurrencies there are ( successful one, of course ), the more new people will be attracted to start using crypto. My opinion is that it can make bitcoin, as reserve currency for altcoins, only stronger.

Reactions: Bagatell

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
@Goranionov

Fair point. The only problem I have with alts is where the principal people involved want to cripple Bitcoin in order to push users away and see their alt get the oxygen of usage. For example, the hypocrisy is strong in Charles Lee, founder of Litecoin, who has remained a hard-bitten 1MBer arguing against a block limit increase in Bitcoin while his Litecoin has the equivalent of a 4MB block limit since launch.

Reactions: freetrader

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
Also there's a difference between promotion and interesting discussion. Its impossible to quantify but pretty obvious when you see it.

8up

Mar 14, 2016

In an earlier post I compared the ETH bubble to BTC's 2011 rise and fall. This is why it seemed possible, that the run-up could have gone as far as 0.05! We finally reached 0.037 - and I think for now, this was the top. Don't get caught in ETH vs. BTC speculation in the next days. While BTC is doomed to rise, ETH has to conclude on a real bottom first.

BTW: In Dollar terms, the rise of ETH was very similar even to the extent of BTC in 2011.
$0.40 (late October) to $15 (in March) (=x37.5)

Last edited:

Nat-go

Apr 2, 2016
Hamburg, Germany
I tried out the GUI wallet mist, its very slick, and makes Ethereum much more usable for most people. It is good to know Ethereum are putting an emphasis on this. It felt a bit strange before that Ethereum had such a large market cap without even having a GUI wallet. Was happy to see this development and it has made it much easier moving my coins around now. :)

https://github.com/ethereum/mist/releases
It´s more important to build the protocol than the GUI, that´s just wrapping. Ethereum wants to implement the "Casper" PoS at the end of the year, but i see nothing of it. The last entry on GitHub for Casper is one year old!?! The programmer, Vlas, post about it in August
on the Ethereum Web-Site and that was it.

Matthew Light

Dec 25, 2015
Just here to mention that Ethereum has, far from crashing and burning as so many of you gleefully predicted, set new all-time highs this week against all major fiat currencies.

And Bitcoin has also had a very impressive rally! Congratulations to BTC hodlers as well (I hold a few myself).

Now I will leave you again.

_mr_e

Aug 28, 2015
Interesting... when did you rebuy?

Just sold the last of my BTC position for ETH. Have been winding down my position over the last month and today sold the last 1 BTC.

If BTC shows some sign of life like a good shot of increasing blocksize / price moving over $500 I'll certainly buy back in with some fiat reserves.

Until then, I want to get as many ETH as I can before price is too high. I'm afraid we aren't far from a "market cap transfer event" between BTC and ETH unless the cap gets raised very soon.

Matthew Light

Dec 25, 2015
I said if BTC price went over $450-500 I would rebuy some, so I followed through with that. I think I paid about $460, not sure.

sri19

Aug 10, 2016
After TheDAO and the ETC drama, here we are again with ETH. How's everybody feeling? :)

_mr_e

Aug 28, 2015
I feel like eth is a dead chain walking at this point. It may continue on, but it's no longer a threat.