Ethereum

VeritasSapere

Nov 16, 2015
if it is pruned, then archival nodes will need to be trusted. Guess who will be running the archive nodes?

hundreds of thousands? Really. Amazing how many charitable people there are all just hosting a multi-TB/yr blockchain with hundreds of dollars per month bandwidth cost. Why not claim millions or tens of millions of people would? Even better, a billion people would. See I can make up numbers just as good as you. However, historically speaking when people have to keep paying for something that doesnt get them anything in return, they stop. And since the corporate run servers provide SPV service, there wont be any incentive for the masses to run a node. Other than altruists and purists. There are 100,000+ of those around? What basis do you have to support this?

And with sharding, how exactly will data from different shards get synchronized? I know! via the massive nodes that are run by? Guess who, yes, the same ones running the archive nodes. And what happens if there is a dapp that accesses data across all the shards?

So you just support my position that technical forces combined with economic and bandwidth constraints will force ETH chain to become centralized. And once only large corporations are having the full blockchain/shards/archives, how hard is it for pressure to be applied for KYC conformance
I think you forgot to take into account that ETH full nodes will be incentivized and collateralized, similar to Dash actually, so keeping a high node count will not remain dependent upon charity like Bitcoin, but the incentives of large stake holders who will be rewarded for securing the network and punished for acting maliciously, this is a very different security model when compared to Bitcoin.

You might be mistaken in thinking that the network will become overly centralized due to a lack of incentives for running full nodes, time will tell of course whether that will be the case or not and there are many unknown factors in such a grand experiment.

@Matthew Light also has a valid point in the idea many of us big blockers have around the incentives for running full nodes, some businesses and individuals might indeed deem it necessary to have a independent source of validation, without there even needing to be a build in protocol based monetary incentive for full nodes like there will be in Ethereum.

Last edited:

bitbee99

Mar 19, 2017
i remember when eitherum was 14 dollars, i still don't trust that coin, i don't plan on buying any, well i would like 1 at least, but im not convinced about it, so i haven't bought 1

the name in general is horrible, i can't even spell it, or even pronounce it

i like everything about bitcoin, and the name itself is genius "Bitcoin"

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
Just hit $100. Is that a 10,000% return? I'm bad with numbers.

Matthew Light

Dec 25, 2015
30 cents at the crowdsale. $97 dollars tonight.

So 60 cents would be a 100% return, which is what Bitcoin has delivered since the Ethereum crowdsale.

While Ethereum has delivered 33,000% return on investment since the crowdsale.

Matthew Light

Dec 25, 2015
"Ethereum falls down"?

You talking about the flash crash on GDAX?

You realize various Bitcoin markets have flash crashed when a large market order was dropped into the order book. Don't you?

Also note that the Ether price is now higher than it was when the flash crash sell order was placed.

Matthew Light

Dec 25, 2015
So you wait until price is lower and then you post a reply.

BTW, Bitcoin max price (GDAX) $3000

Bitcoin current price (GDAX) $2477

Your point?

Toros

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
I don't think Ethereum is spam but you got tricked in Reddit. Reddit is full of scamers. Ethereum is one of the best cryptocurrency in the market. But may i ask, did you buy Ethereum? And if you did, which exchange did you buy it from?